BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool vs. Blackburn Rovers- Saturday 26/10/13 3pm.

K-Hod

Because Rhodes's all round game is pretty poor - has anyone seen him play well yet? - that reflects in the teams performances and results. That's why he can't get anywhere near to starting in a very poor Scotland side, and that's why he's still in the Second tier of English football. If his game was even half decent, he would be achieving in both of those things. That's the truth, so why is that so difficult to accept?

If someone wants to name even a few games where he's run the opposition ragged, then go ahead.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you on the wind-up Fg? Or am I missing your point by a country mile?

lol no not on a wind up. All I said is JR can improve, I don't see whats controversial about that.

Every footballer can improve to a certain degree really. I just think JR can improve some areas of his game quite easily compared to others

I feel that makes him better and thus rovers better.

I think my point is being missed by some who feel inclined to defend him. If Im discussing JR with fans of another club Id defend him all day, but we are all rovers fans talking rovers so we should be able to discuss our own without the instinct to defend.

LIS in other posts Im not blaming JR for our failings, he has his share as do others and certainly others can improve and need to improve way more than JR does. But I don't subscribe to the theory that he scores the goals so he gets a free pass like a good few do.

I can't believe this debate about Rhodes still rumbles on - his goals singled handed kept us in the Championship last year, he is the top scorer in the Championship this season and people still aren't happy - Christ! :blink:

Anybody who thinks the problem is Rhodes needs to have a look in the mirror. Most of the time he is playing up front on his own, a difficult enough job as it is and when he does get a partner (usually Leon Best) that partner contributes absolutely zilch, nada, nothing - awful first touch, no pace and can't seem to find a decent goal scoring position for toffee. The team is set-up to create chances for Rhodes, and so if the players either can't create chances for him, or heaven forbid the lad has an off day there doesn't seem to be a plan B - hardly the fault of Rhodes.

Yet another thread of moaning for the bloody sake of it - and all because somebody who has scored 37 league goals in 55 league matches isn't contributing enough to the team :!:

F**k me... and people wonder why posters are leaving this site at a rate of knots.

totally agree there FernhurstRover.

Rhodes scores goals. simple as. he isn't ever go to Alan Shearer type of striker.

This and FG's post about a flat back 4 got me thinking. What would people think of a formation thus (it assumes everyone is fit for the sake of ease):

-----------Robbo

----Dann--Hanley--Kilgallon

Kane---------------------Spurr

--------Evans--Cairney

-----Dunn----------Rochina

------------Rhodes

Just 'spit-ballin' as our Yankee mates might say.

think the 4-2-3-1 formation is best suited for us.

lol no not on a wind up. All I said is JR can improve, I don't see whats controversial about that.

Every footballer can improve to a certain degree really. I just think JR can improve some areas of his game quite easily compared to others

I feel that makes him better and thus rovers better.

I think my point is being missed by some who feel inclined to defend him. If Im discussing JR with fans of another club Id defend him all day, but we are all rovers fans talking rovers so we should be able to discuss our own without the instinct to defend.

LIS in other posts Im not blaming JR for our failings, he has his share as do others and certainly others can improve and need to improve way more than JR does. But I don't subscribe to the theory that he scores the goals so he gets a free pass like a good few do.

And do you think a complete player who scores as many as Rhodes would be with us for long?

Can he improve - yes (so can every player )

Is he good enough for a mid table championship side (which we are unfortunately) - yes

Would every other championship side want him in their team - yes.

If he was all round article would he be playing for us - no

Is he to blame for our form - no. That is still down to the fact we cannot keep a clean sheet to save our lives.

Think that sums it up.

Can he improve - yes (so can every player )

Is he good enough for a mid table championship side (which we are unfortunately) - yes

Would every other championship side want him in their team - yes.

If he was all round article would he be playing for us - no

Is he to blame for our form - no. That is still down to the fact we cannot keep a clean sheet to save our lives.

Think that sums it up.

Pretty much summarises everything I have said all thread

Play two fast direct wingers who are good at crossing - Ripley and Wilcox would be fine - and let Rhodes get on the end of the crosses. It's what he's good at.

Really? I can't be certain but I'd imagine they have both lost a bit of pace by now,

Let's turn this debate on it's head. If we had a player who made chances for others every game but never scored himself would we say that his game was flawed and he must improve? Just a thought.

By not improving the weak parts of his game Jordan Rhodes is cheating himself.... as well as BRFC.

Yes, he was a crab. We were far more imbalanced with him in the side rather than Super Atko

Batty was certainly not crap. No way. He had more ability in his dick that Super Atko had in his entire body. Atko just 'gelled' better in that season.

If someone wants to name even a few games where he's run the opposition ragged, then go ahead.

No takers as yet Den. Hardly surprising is it?

Christ on a bike is this debate going to rage everytime we don't win for a few games ? Only in Blackburn Rovers land could a top scoring striker be continually pulled to bits despite still being the only striker in our squad who still looks capable of scoring whether he is playing well or not. Ive long suspected we have some of the oddest 'fans' around and this kind of thing confirms it. Amazing how it's nearly always the same old miserable farts who've long moaned about anything and everything going back well before Venkys cretins entered the building.

Because Rhodes's all round game is pretty poor - has anyone seen him play well yet? - that reflects in the teams performances and results. That's why he can't get anywhere near to starting in a very poor Scotland side, and that's why he's still in the Second tier of English football. If his game was even half decent, he would be achieving in both of those things. That's the truth, so why is that so difficult to accept?

Ok how about you name a centre forward , anywhere, who regularly run the oppo ragged ? When Rhodes does have a good game we tend to win. How many keaning times has he won us or drawn us a game since he's been here ? Some would say that a few of them may constitute him having a good game.

By not improving the weak parts of his game Jordan Rhodes is cheating himself.... as well as BRFC.

Not what I asked

Theno I said a crab not crap

So what if Batty had more ability. He was not what we needed and we nearly blew the title because of it

Utter Bo11ocks

:lol: Good save, FGS.

Fatigue set in after pages of debate without actually getting anywhere so that was my attempt at ending it.

Seems it failed lol

I will finish with one last comment though, I think some defending him are over reacting saying Im pulling his game to pieces etc

I'll repeat he CAN improve. I just cant understand whats controversial about that??

As for the long debate about it, this is a rovers MB. The topic isn't very large outside transfer windows. Talk about last game, next game, odd injury and players. Hardly suprising things repeat or run for a while if its the main topic getting posts.

Ok the dead horse is beaten to much. Who's next up? :rover:

Theno I said a crab not crap

So what if Batty had more ability. He was not what we needed and we nearly blew the title because of it

Are you having a laugh?

I'm not sure who's who on here these days but some of the stuff being posted is so far off the mark it's laughable.

I know of a poster from this site who used to frequent the dingle site trying to 'hook a few whoppers' from time to time. His biggest 'catch' was insisting Austin should be sold because he can't run, can't tackle or control a ball, all he does is score, he had them meeting up before the next home game to fight it out! LoL

Striking similarities to this thread wouldn't you say?!

• Backroom

Christ on a bike is this debate going to rage everytime we don't win for a few games ? .

Yes and as soon as he scores a good goal again (this Saturday ) people will come on saying things like 'where are the haters now lololololol' and similar as if that negates what has been said and rebuffs the arguments put forward - it doesn't.

I can see both sides of it, the lad is an absolute natural goalscorer and has a gift there but there are some games where his presence of the pitch as our main striker can be a hinderance overall and can contribute to us being under pressure at the wrong end, there are some away games where I would consider a different approach and at times that may involve not starting our most gifted striker. What I would say though is if he isn't able to up his game to harass the defence then we must target a forward or someone in the hole who can play alongside him and do all the dirty work and the running, Dunn or Rochina aren't that player and Best hasn't proven to be, hopefully DJ can do that but didn't show it last season.

Its astonishing that people aren't allowed to put forward an opinion that critiques him without being jumped on here

I can see both sides of it, the lad is an absolute natural goalscorer and has a gift there but there are some games where his presence of the pitch as our main striker can be a hinderance overall and can contribute to us being under pressure at the wrong end, there are some away games where I would consider a different approach and at times that may involve not starting our most gifted striker.

Its astonishing that people aren't allowed to put forward that opinion without being jumped on

How can you justify not starting our best striker if he's fully fit? Who you going to play instead of him?

I'm not jumping on you at all, it just doesn't make any sense Tom.

Archived