BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football365 Rovers article

"Life has not been easy for Blackburn Rovers fans over the past few years. While the hapless Steve Kean eventually resigned in September 2012 following enormous pressure from supporters and relegation to the Championship, the manager's departure only led to more instability."

Meh.

• Moderation Lead

'Acted shrewdly in the transfer market'. So shrewdly that we don't have any fit senior centre halves?

I like Bowyer, but if he wants to talk about a play-off push, then he has to accept that if he fails in trying to achieve this, then he has to accept the criticism that inevitably comes with it, and stop hiding behind the fact that he's not Kean, Appleton or Berg.

"After three years of suffering, Blackburn fans can finally start looking forward to a brighter future again."

Really? I mean, really? I guess he never reads this message board!

"Bowyer's achievements have been made all the more admirable by coinciding with the club being forced to cut costs to comply with the Football League's Financial Fair Play rules. Six first-team players departed in the summer, including long-serving duo Morten Gamst Pedersen and Gael Givet, while Rovers' promotion hopes took another blow when captain Scott Dann left for Crystal Palace in January. A further eight members of the squad have left on loan in an attempt to ease debts of £54m, with the signings of ousted 'global advisor' Shebby Singh accounting for most of the departures."

Thats just wrong, only Dann & MGP of all those leaving could you describe as being 1st team players, and only Dann left to cut costs, most left because they weren't good enough. Also doesnt mention that Bowyer has brought in c.15 players now. Im sure the author is a nice chap, but its a bit shoddy.

Where's this 'brighter future' that we're supposed to be looking forward to?

Looming financial meltdown, a potential transfer ban, administration, and the prospect of seeing Rovers play like the away team just to avoid getting painfully dicked by Burnley at Ewood.

It's a weak article, I think, but pretty much what I'd expect from that site. I wrote a letter to F365 not so long ago, and they published it but cut out all the good stuff about K**n (none of which was legally actionable - I've done enough libel courses to know that much).

Looming financial meltdown, a potential transfer ban, administration, and the prospect of seeing Rovers play like the away team just to avoid getting painfully dicked by Burnley at Ewood.

It's a weak article, I think, but pretty much what I'd expect from that site. I wrote a letter to F365 not so long ago, and they published it but cut out all the good stuff about K**n (none of which was legally actionable - I've done enough libel courses to know that much).

Frustrating. Keep it up, though. .At times like that I can understand why Dylan walked off the Sullivan show, when they wouldn't let him sing his chosen song. It does me so much good to read when someone tells the Kean stuff it as it really is, but most of those occasions have been only been line, tbh.

Quite right, the content is rather weak and wishy washy.

In reality though, the future looks a hell of a lot brighter now, than it did 12 months ago.

That is not an opinion, it's "Fow SHORE!"

The future will never look as rosy as it did 20 years ago, sat in the away end at Hillsborough in 93 (or 94?!) singing "1-0 to the millionaires" as a 8 year old excited fan. But comparing it to last year should give you reason to at least be sensible and civil for five minutes.

If any fan can hold their hand up and say they expected us to kick on towards promotion after the last 3 months of the 2012/13 campaign; Then I can safely say you are out of your tree son.

Quite right, the content is rather weak and wishy washy.

Football 365 is owned by Sky, so although they might want to appear like an edgy, irreverent, anti-establishment fan site, it's actually nothing of the sort. You'll see no real journalism on there (but Mediawatch can be quite funny).

In reality though, the future looks a hell of a lot brighter now, than it did 12 months ago.

Debt mountain. A novice picking the team and not learning by his mistakes. Poor crowds. Same place in the table. No coherent plan from above.

Same as it ever was

Debt mountain. A novice picking the team and not learning by his mistakes. Poor crowds. Same place in the table. No coherent plan from above.

Same as it ever was

Bet your a wheeze down the pub...

In reality though, if you think that the club is the "same as it ever was" in terms of 12 months ago, you must have been living in a bubble because numerous issues no longer remain. Shebby Singh, 35k a week Danny Murphy and the complete disillusion of most fans to name but a few.

Even forgetting those, and going down the path of dissecting your point- if we are in the same place, it has to be looked at as positive. In reality, (a place you cannot frequent) we dropped like a stone and showed no signs of levelling out. This season has stopped that a brought some level of stability.

Might not match your lofty expectations but if you took a trip to reality-town you may realise the drop had to stop before the rebuilding could take place.

Cannot comment on the debt- ultimately nothing we can deal with as fans. Blaming it on the current manager seems churlish and short sighted to me. But carry on Mr Troll.

Bet your a wheeze down the pub...

In reality though, if you think that the club is the "same as it ever was" in terms of 12 months ago, you must have been living in a bubble because numerous issues no longer remain. Shebby Singh, 35k a week Danny Murphy and the complete disillusion of most fans to name but a few.

Even forgetting those, and going down the path of dissecting your point- if we are in the same place, it has to be looked at as positive. In reality, (a place you cannot frequent) we dropped like a stone and showed no signs of levelling out. This season has stopped that a brought some level of stability.

Might not match your lofty expectations but if you took a trip to reality-town you may realise the drop had to stop before the rebuilding could take place.

Cannot comment on the debt- ultimately nothing we can deal with as fans. Blaming it on the current manager seems churlish and short sighted to me. But carry on Mr Troll.

Be interesting to see if you think the same on Sunday evening

Be interesting to see if you think the same on Sunday evening

Not sure what the fans reaction would be if we lost this one. I don't mean directly after the game, but the season sliding away as it would, might well affect ST's and attendances beyond this season. To me, it's the biggest Derby game for quite some time, but for the wrong reasons. Let's hope that we get on top of 'em from the first minute and knock the hell out of 'em.

Not sure what the fans reaction would be if we lost this one. I don't mean directly after the game, but the season sliding away as it would, might well affect ST's and attendances beyond this season. To me, it's the biggest Derby game for quite some time, but for the wrong reasons. Let's hope that we get on top of 'em from the first minute and knock the hell out of 'em.

I think the only chance we have is if they bottle it again,

Seems unlikely with Dyche in charge,

The aftermath as you say could be very significant.

Archived