BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why no Watford thread? Watford v Rovers, 25th March, KO: 7.45

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like all this kick on business, we should have been going at teams like the 2nd half v Leicester ages ago. Bit late now but we've heard it before but never seen it. Normal tactics and service resumed here.

Watford 2 Rovers 0 (350 diehards keeping the faith)

Tough game considering their home form.

We played very well that second half in last game and the reality is we have to win this game and the following three and see what happens with teams above us - not likely.

Frustrating thing for us is if we could have had more luck with injuries we might have seen Bowyer have a more attacking intent like that second half against Leicester. For me its no coincidence that as soon as hes confident in the fitness of Evans we press higher. I get the feeling that without Evans in the team he feels the midfield isn't capable of it. I genuinely believe if we had Marshall, Evans, Cairney Conway fit we could at home be quite an attacking and dangerous team and I believe that we would be sat in a play off position. Don't forget before Evans injury we were starting to look stronger.

So start praying for a miracle - we win tonight, Reading lose at home to bottom of the league, Brighton lose away and Ipswich lose to Derby.

On a serious note for me the second half against Leicester convinced me there is no way I want Bowyer replaced. We start next season with this squad fully fit and maybe a few additions - new right back (unless Bowyer is going to use Lowe in that position which I would actually like as I think he would be a decent rb with a few games under his belt), Definitely another centre half -( Keane would be great but I don't see him being sold this summer,looks v v good and if he is sold it wouldn't surprise me if premiership teams or even relegated prem team with more money would be interested) and then you have to have expectations of at least a playoff place.

Of course the financial state of the club may dictate otherwise. With FFP looming we need to get in any players we need to this summer because we may not be allowed to in January.

Never forget the play off semi final at Watford, 120 minutes of pure torture, especially after we scored so early on.

I hope the side turns up tonight for the travelling fans, but more than likely get beaten by 2 or 3.

I really don't know about this one, I usually have a gut feeling (whether correct or not), but I'm truely on the fence with this one.

If we continue like we played against Leicester then we've a very good chance of edging this one, if we get a Bournemouth performance we may as well just forfeit the match as it'll be a hammering.

It also depends on which Watford side turn up. Yes they've been great at home over the last month or so but have had a couple of shaky defeats away to Doncaster & Bolton and only a draw with Yeovil.

We need a win but I don't think we've enough to edge this one. I'll go for a 2-2 with a squeaky bum ending! Conway & Gestede

Archived