BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn - Burnley Banter Page (Facebook)

Has anyone been on that page? There are some right idiots on it, from both sides. I have just seen someone post a framed picture of Ings winner against us at Ewood. Now correct me if Im wrong but surely that is a clutch at straws to try and get one "over" us?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The thing is they don't need to get one over on us - plus how many times did people post the picture of Dunn being offside? It's their time to gloat to be fair

I got invited into there once and it seemed like a place full of morons and left abruptly.

My Dingle interaction is zero as well, never met a single 1 in my 20 years in Scotland. Let them gloat, they have deserved the chance. Hopefully it will be fleeting. It is after all more than 4 years since we've beat them.

Meh.

They have no relevance to us next season, as we will be in different divisions.

And then likewise the season after, when we trade divisions with them.

Couldn't care less either way about Burnley, I'd rather concentrate on supporting my team.

Full of complete gimps on the wind up that page. Avoid.

Sounds like a one of our match threads on game day...

You can't beat a bit of banter, but I expect this page to be complete BS. They are on top for a while, and to be brutally honest they probably deserve a little chance.

The big thing for us though- and the negator of any tormenting from dingles- We are in a manufactured lower position due to bad decisions... Not constant decline, not where we ought to be...

They will simply be a town team, with no modern honours for eternities- never a shout at winning anything we have, and never capable of sustaining top flight football. The level of success they would need to truly take back bragging rights would take billions.

And remember- football is always cyclical. What goes up, must come down. The lack of class from many of them will result in a real roasting from Blackburn fans when that happens.

I give you an example; when we got relegated and when we lost to them - a Moron down the street set fire works off.

When they get relegated, I couldn't or won't give two @#/?, because essentially they are a backwards set of scumbags who deserve everything they get. Let them revel in one mans success, whilst we watch another one of their "saviours" take a step up to manage Wigan, Bolton or even Us!

Come on guys and girls, we have lorded over them for so many years we have to be humble, as much as it hurts, as they are quite rightly flying the flag over us, at least for the next 12 months. We have to accept it if we don't want to.

Its give and take in banterland.

Good luck to little ol' Bumley, they are going to take some shaftings next season. Lets hope we can draw them in the cup.

If Dyche stays, they will stay up

Not necessarily. The side that went up will need numerous quality additions to stay up regardless of who the manager is.

When they played at Ewood and all other times I watched them they were efficient rather than spectacular. It will be interesting to see how Ings copes in the Premier League as there is a lot of potential there. However the likes of Vokes will be like Chopra, Robbie Blake, Ebanks-Blake and many, many others who score for fun at our level but struggle in a higher league. Whilst Trippier is excellent going forward and has a great cross, he quite slow and doesn't convince as a great defender. King scared him to death when switched to that wing at Turf Moor.

Don't get me wrong, they have done remarkably well this season and fully deserve to go up. A lot of credit goes to Dyche for losing The Brickie and yet still turning them around. However I don't see them as a top quality group of players who are going up. More as what can be achieved in this league with good organisation, good tactics and a good group of players. I think next season may be a different experience for a lot of them. Plus I look forward to their now customary defensive collapse against Man City.

Hopefully we'll enjoy seeing Burnley in the Prem more than they actually enjoy being there. Many thumpings potentially await so I might start watching the tail end of M.O.D again :)

Are Burnley fans mentally capabale of proper banter? With their shallow gene pool I shan't imagine they would be up to much. I've never met a dingle that has actual witty craic, they usually resort to the usual guff the kind of banter you grow out of in your teens (that's what your mum/missus said last night etc).

Then again I haven't met them all (thankfully) and thank god I'm not on facebook.

• Moderation Lead

Think they'll get a lot of new players to compliment their holy trinity of Ings, Trippier and Heaton.

Some players in that first XI were playing out of their skin this season, that won't be enough in the PL...

I work over in Dingle-land, so as you imagine the past couple of years have been entertaining...

The ones who actually bother to go to games are normally ok, they obviously are happy but not overboard, bit like Longsiders really. Its the idiots who only go infrequently, or just turn up to see the Rovers who Id imagine are the ones who frequent that fb page.

Wouldnt go as far as wishing them well next season, but have a grudging respect for them. They have a lot of work to do to stay up, it'll be interesting to see how they attempt it. I'd say they need 8-10 players minimum for the first team squad.

I was briefly in that group but left due to it being little more than a mixture of poor banter or actual downright horrible personal stuff, from both sides!

It's the kind of thing that makes me think people should have to pass a test before they are allowed on the Internet!

I was briefly in that group but left due to it being little more than a mixture of poor banter or actual downright horrible personal stuff, from both sides!

It's the kind of thing that makes me think people should have to pass a test before they are allowed on the Internet!

A fit person test?! You could ask Scudamore...

Don't care about Burnley TBH. Whether they stay up or go down I won't be cheering or crying. Won't be 'supporting' teams like Man Ure against them either.

Did I say, I don't care? :rover:

Anyone But Burnley Every Year ;)

:rover:

Think it's been shut now ? hope so as it's only a matter of time before it leads to trouble. Some of our lot on there are complete cretins but have to say their lot are still simply the loud mouth wind and @#/? merchants they've always been. Has there ever been a small club with such a huge amount of mouthy gob##### as that lot ?

I can only assume Tom you were reading selectively, I assure you both 'sides' demonstrated an alarming number of loud mouthed cretins!

To demonstrate I could dig out those genuinely obnoxious tweets by a 'rovers fan' about how Danny Ings was s******g that s**s on his profile picture (the second word is missing a p and a). No I'm afraid there are horrible, moronic, sad individuals on both sides but as between the 2 side we are averaging around 25000 home fans a week is it really representative of either support. It isn't in my experience. That said the safety of the ether does seen to bring out the genuine worst in normally decent people.

Archived