BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Clearly, Taylor has made some massive mistakes in his life. But the cocaine incident was 6 and half years ago.

Lets judge him on how he plays for the first team. Isn't a pacey winger?

Mahoney and Green are wingers.

Preston is on loan in Scottish championship or league 1.

Forrester is injured.

Rittenberg has gone backwards this season.

Lee Mansall looks promising but nowhere near ready for the 1st team at this stage

So chaddy what happened to the 'we only bring the right characters in' stuff then?

It's not just about how he performs on the pitch, we 'allegedly' have a few that like a few drinks already without throwing this bloke into the mix

So chaddy what happened to the 'we only bring the right characters in' stuff then?

It's not just about how he performs on the pitch, we 'allegedly' have a few that like a few drinks already without throwing this bloke into the mix

maybe Taylor's a reformed character? Or maybe the 'right characters' are those that like to get hammered? ;)

Chaddy would be happy if we brought in Fred West & Harold Shipman .

Fred to build a new defence and harry as team doc.

You'd still be miserable and want rid of the Venks even if they put millions in, wrote off debt and got a proper structure and manager.

:-)

You'd still be miserable and want rid of the Venks even if they put millions in, wrote off debt and got a proper structure and manager.

You forgot the bit about the Easter bunny hopping around Ewood handing out Easter eggs.

Then you woke up and had your breakfast... 😁

YOU ARE QUITE CORRECT..I SHALL NEVER FORGIVE , FORGET OR ACCEPT ANYTHING THEY DO.

and you called other people's posts pathetic. You display a complete lack of self-awareness

and you display a complete lack of humour degsy.

And if 3 go in summer? Rhodes, Gestede and King all likely to be off imo. Another thing to consider is that Brian Clough built Nottm Forest from the 2nd Div to win the European Cup in 5 years by signing any number of 'unmanageable' and troublesome players on the cheap. Maybe Bowyer's strong links to Forest and particularly Brian Clough are the basis of his actions.

I haven't seen Taylor but I have seen Varney and shipping Varney out for Taylor is hardly a pointless signing imo.

Varney is keeping the guy out of Ipswichs team, that should tell you something.

We have nowt to play for and are under embargo for spending too much money, so whats the point of bringing in Ipswich's top paid player?

Pretty sure we could have coped for the last few games with the 4 strikers we have, and saved over £100k.

You want to tell Theno, not me, thats his argument.

Hardly an argument by me. Rather mistakes by you. I just raised a few points including the fact that we are likely to be losing strikers this summer and that beggars cant be choosers Seems now Varney is keeping him out of nothing because he has no contract at Ipswich and MacArthy has binned him off. 100k? Where's that from?

Seems to me like a viable bit of business given where we stand at the moment.

Just as an aside this guy is being castigated because he does appear to be a complete knob and somewhat less than professional. Just to point out that two of our best players were rather less than professional too. Step forward BRFC legends and HT fag faces Simon Garner and Tugay. And we all knew that SG liked a few bevvies too! Probably way overblown criticism but some see Dunny as an ale can too.

Clearly, Taylor has made some massive mistakes in his life. But the cocaine incident was 6 and half years ago.

Lets judge him on how he plays for the first team. Isn't a pacey winger?

Mahoney and Green are wingers.

Preston is on loan in Scottish championship or league 1.

Forrester is injured.

Rittenberg has gone backwards this season.

Lee Mansall looks promising but nowhere near ready for the 1st team at this stage

IMV, an underwhelming signing and an unnecessary waste of money - haven't we had enough 'wasters' over the last four years.

I would rather give some young lads half an hour here and half an hour there even if they aren't quite ready - at least it gives them some experience.

Rittenberg is on the bench for the Under-21's and has been very poor this season. Forrester is injured, Preston is at Ayr and certainly nowhere near first team material. Mahoney is an out and out winger and Green tends to play a similar role to Conway and Marshall. Truth is we don't have a striker in the Under-21's who is able to step up at the moment. Young Mansell, in the Under-18's, has shown promise but has only had about three games for the Under-21's. One of the reasons for the revamp at the Academy, I would have thought, is to improve the quality of players brought into the club in the first place. In recent years it hasn't been what it was.

I suggest that this is because Bowyer had no presence in the game, has no charisma and therefore the talent out there has gone elsewhere.

Now we have another Bowyer clone in Kinder who will repeat the cycle and we end up producing lads for Accie Stanley.

IMV, our football structure has been dumbed down beyond belief and we are now paying a very, very expensive price.

IMV, an underwhelming signing and an unnecessary waste of money - haven't we had enough 'wasters' over the last four years.

I would rather give some young lads half an hour here and half an hour there even if they aren't quite ready - at least it gives them some experience.

I was being serious earlier. It's another freebie where a coach thinks he can use his coaching skills, develop a player and make a profit. Some folk don't see a problem with that, but there's absolutely no link between making money from other clubs cast offs - and building a successful team.

And if 3 go in summer? Rhodes, Gestede and King all likely to be off imo. Another thing to consider is that Brian Clough built Nottm Forest from the 2nd Div to win the European Cup in 5 years by signing any number of 'unmanageable' and troublesome players on the cheap. Maybe Bowyer's strong links to Forest and particularly Brian Clough are the basis of his actions./quote]

One of the best points made on here for some time.

Remember chatting to a one-time Burnley FC doctor who said his job was basically keeping young lads with lots of money out of more trouble than they could cope with.

I was being serious earlier. It's another freebie where a coach thinks he can use his coaching skills, develop a player and make a profit. Some folk don't see a problem with that, but there's absolutely no link between making money from other clubs cast offs - and building a successful team.

his record must be one of the least prolific strike rates we've ever signed ................ah well another agent fee...

BTW another with an Everton link a la Bradley Orr....

Couldn't agree more to be honest.

• Moderation Lead

his record must be one of the least prolific strike rates we've ever signed ................ah well another agent fee...

BTW another with an Everton link a la Bradley Orr....

What's this about an Everton link?? Myers aside obviously....

Surely can't be correct as he hasn't got the great man's charisma, wit or nous.

Or a personality, or a brilliant assistant, (Peter Taylor), who was very much part of the reason why Cloughie had so much success.

I'm assuming the folk comparing Bowyer with one of the all time great managers are not being serious.

• Moderation Lead

Or a personality, or a brilliant assistant, (Peter Taylor), who was very much part of the reason why Cloughie had so much success.

I'm assuming the folk comparing Bowyer with one of the all time great managers are not being serious.

The comparisons with Brian Clough were purely aesthetic, some folk are just using this as an excuse to bash Bowyer seemingly. (Not you marton)

Far from being his biggest fan myself I hasten to add....

Surprised that needed to be cleared up tbh, as someone posted photos of them side by side in the first instance.... :huh:

Archived