BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting in todays Telegraph :-

Chris Taylor, Matt Kilgallon, Josh King, Lee Williamson, David Dunn, Yann Songo’o, Luke Varney and Paul Robinson

All at end of contract in the summer.

IMO I would only re-sign the first three

I would have thought that there's a good chance all of those will leave, otherwise they would be signed up by now.

• Moderation Lead

I think King will go to a PL team thanks to his FA Cup showings, nice and cheap low-risk transfer if he does! Plus they can work around pace.

I'd certainly keep Taylor, only Rhodes has bagged more than him for us this year!

I think King will go to a PL team thanks to his FA Cup showings, nice and cheap low-risk transfer if he does! Plus they can work around pace.

I'd certainly keep Taylor, only Rhodes has bagged more than him for us this year!

Agree with both opinions. I'd say.... unless Taylor is on peanuts (comparatively), he'll probably be let go and replaced by a cheaper option.

• Moderation Lead

Agree with both opinions. I'd say.... unless Taylor is on peanuts (comparatively), he'll probably be let go and replaced by a cheaper option.

I'd say Taylor is probably one of our lowest earners if I had to guess.

Indeed so. I rate King in front of MB Diouff by some distance yet he's turning out for Stoke every week.

btw have you forgotten about Gestede's goal tally?

got to disagree there Gordon, Biram Diouf is a classy player who has finished very high in the goalscoring charts of the Bundesliga. His all round game is far superior to King, who if he didn't have pace, wouldn't be a professional (in my opinion)

• Moderation Lead

Indeed so. I rate King in front of MB Diouff by some distance yet he's turning out for Stoke every week.

btw have you forgotten about Gestede's goal tally?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/11998461.Midfielder_Chris_Taylor__I_want_to_stay_at_Blackburn_Rovers/

Nope, when I said this year I meant 2015, not this season!

Oh ... right. err my mistake then I suppose. :blink:

got to disagree there Gordon, Biram Diouf is a classy player who has finished very high in the goalscoring charts of the Bundesliga. His all round game is far superior to King, who if he didn't have pace, wouldn't be a professional (in my opinion)

He was decidedly bloody average here Andy.

Wouldn't surprise me! If a team can manage his fitness and keep him free from injuries, he could very well go on to be a super sub for a PL team. Imagine putting him on against a slow and tiring defense. Too bad he never made it fully here.

I'd be really surprised if he signed a new contract here anyways.

Under FFP we can only resign any of them if they are earning under c. 12k a week including agent fees, and if we have enough established player squad positions left.

It's funny, last season there were several posters who were desperate for Dunny to be offered a new contract, not so much now as this season comes to a close. Does anyone think that was money well spent given that the season he's had has panned out worse than even the most pessimistic predicted?

It's funny, last season there were several posters who were desperate for Dunny to be offered a new contract, not so much now as this season comes to a close. Does anyone think that was money well spent given that the season he's had has panned out worse than even the most pessimistic predicted?

I hear so many stories about DD. Mates say he's not injured, desperate to play but there is a "reason" he's not, fallen out with GB, papers, Rovers trot out his injury......who knows? Named the cat Dunny, big Tom cat, boy can he sleep!

I'd have liked him to have played more I'll be honest, but surely if he does sign on it would be a sympathy contract!

He's already had at least 2 sympathy contracts.

If he's done his badges im sure theres a free ride / coaching role for him.

I would only re-sign Kilgallon, Taylor and King(if he would sign a new deal).

The rest can leave for me.

I expect King to sign for PL or German club come the summer tho.

Killgallon with the other 2 on very very very small wages as our erstwhile manager rates neither

Killgallon with the other 2 on very very very small wages as our erstwhile manager rates neither

Do not be surprised should Rovers operate with a salary cap going forward even if embargo lifted.

Some interesting 'stories' circulating.

Archived