BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So chaddy what happened to the 'we only bring the right characters in' stuff then?

It's not just about how he performs on the pitch, we 'allegedly' have a few that like a few drinks already without throwing this bloke into the mix

Maybe he has change in 6 years. Never seemed to have any problems at Peterbrough under Darren Ferguson.

Lets give him a chance before writing the guy off.

[quote name="Mercerman" post="1520753"

I would rather give some young lads half an hour here and half an hour there even if they aren't quite ready - at least it gives them some experience.

I did say that in the LT yesterday about giving Mahoney, O'Sullivan and Lenihan some game time. My comment was in the Fan opinion section.

no he's not, Mccarthy fell out with him and Ipswich paid him off months ago. he has only remained registered to Ipswich so that he could play for someone else this season on loan.

Taylor sounds like an idiot but that wasn't Bluebloods point.

Was one of the many reasons I listed why it's a stupid idea. Not limited to that mind.

And if 3 go in summer? Rhodes, Gestede and King all likely to be off imo. Another thing to consider is that Brian Clough built Nottm Forest from the 2nd Div to win the European Cup in 5 years by signing any number of 'unmanageable' and troublesome players on the cheap. Maybe Bowyer's strong links to Forest and particularly Brian Clough are the basis of his actions.

I haven't seen Taylor but I have seen Varney and shipping Varney out for Taylor is hardly a pointless signing imo.

There's a big difference in managerial ability and man management between Clough and Bowyer!

Bowyer has serious questions over his man-management abilities - evidenced by the many criticisms of being too pally with the players, the players being so inconsistent, our crumbling every time a tiny bit of pressure is put on, evident dissatisfaction from players such as Rhodes and Gestede, and the incidents with Best. If it were Clough his attitude would be less of a problem (though still question marks on giving the youngsters a go, saving a bit of money) but given Bowyer struggles in this area getting in a known trouble maker is a daft idea.

The only comparison with Clough is his Forest connections, oh and maybe a style of play that would suit a by gone era when the pace was often a lot slower. No way would Clough be so buddy buddy and easy going on his players. He might take a lot of ideas from the Clough style but he's to mild to put them across.

The comparisons with Brian Clough were purely aesthetic, some folk are just using this as an excuse to bash Bowyer seemingly. (Not you marton)

Am I the only one who thinks there's little resemblance? :huh:

Now we have another Bowyer clone in Kinder who will repeat the cycle and we end up producing lads for Accie Stanley.

You've got a real issue with Kinder for some reason, the fact he's a Rover through and through should count for something surely.

You seemed to be expecting a top class appointment, why I have no idea in the current climate.

Maybe he has change in 6 years. Never seemed to have any problems at Peterbrough under Darren Ferguson.

Lets give him a chance before writing the guy off.

I did say that in the LT yesterday about giving Mahoney, O'Sullivan and Lenihan some game time. My comment was in the Fan opinion section.

June 2013 he received a 24 week suspended jail sentence for assaulting a night club bouncer, he had 3 previous offences,

his fellow accused on the night had 17 previous offences.

Taylor was ordered to pay £7,000 in compensation to the victim.

You've got a real issue with Kinder for some reason, the fact he's a Rover through and through should count for something surely.

You seemed to be expecting a top class appointment, why I have no idea in the current climate.

Gav - most of us on this MB are Rovers through and through, doen't mean we are qualified to work for Rovers in a football capacity.

I've no personal axe to grind with either Bowyer or Kinder other than, IMV, they are both way, way out of their depth.

Even with current financial restrictions, I am not having it that there aren't better candidates than either of those two out there.

Any organisation is only as good as its people and that's why we are on a one way ticket to oblivion at the moment.

Any organisation is only as good as its people and that's why we are on a one way ticket to oblivion at the moment.

Ticket purchased 13th December 2010! :angry2: Unlucky for some eh?

Am I the only one who thinks there's little resemblance? :huh:

Indeed........ He's got his mothers ears. ^_^

From Today's Sunday People

' Rudy Gestede will be free to head to the Premier League if clubs come calling again this summer.

The Blackburn striker saw a January move collapse amid interest from Hull, Palace and QPR. Gestede remained at the championship club after Rovers refused to budge on their £5 million valuation. Rovers were also keen to keep Gestede as they were in the promotion shake-up. '

• Backroom

There's a reason Ipswich are letting Taylor go. He's on the biggest wage at the club and has been nowhere near the first team. McCarthy can't stand the bloke and wanted rid to anybody who will take him.

So much for getting rid of the chancers and bad apples.

There's a reason Ipswich are letting Taylor go. He's on the biggest wage at the club and has been nowhere near the first team. McCarthy can't stand the bloke and wanted rid to anybody who will take him.

So much for getting rid of the chancers and bad apples.

It's the market place we're operating in these days DE. Other teams cast offs and flawed characters.

From Today's Sunday People

' Rudy Gestede will be free to head to the Premier League if clubs come calling again this summer.

The Blackburn striker saw a January move collapse amid interest from Hull, Palace and QPR. Gestede remained at the championship club after Rovers refused to budge on their £5 million valuation. Rovers were also keen to keep Gestede as they were in the promotion shake-up. '

That's a whopper !!!

Source Correct Total Num Accuracy The Guardian 16 36

44.4%
The Independent 8 25
32.0%
The Express 16 54
29.6%
The Times 14 50
28.0%
The Sun 40 173
23.1%
Daily Mirror 83 385
21.6%
The People 11 53
20.8%
Daily Mail 45 225
20.0%
Daily Star 12 63
19.0%
Talk Sport 2 13
15.4%
News Of The World 9 78
11.5%
Daily Telegraph 2 21
9.5%
Footy Online 0 1
0%
Inside Futbol 0 1
0%
Daily Record 0 5
0%
Sky Sports 0 5
0%
Metro 0 13
0%

This is media accuracy when it comes to Rovers news, The Guardian being the best.

K-Hod, Nixon doesn't work for the Sunday people anymore. Left months ago. Working for the Sun Newspaper.

On a slide then, bad to worse. A rag where they seem to not mind what is made up as long as it sells papers

Any good team needs pillocks and prats and hard nuts.

I actually worry that our team is too nice for it's own good.

Yes, but there's a difference between being like that on the pitch, (which he may not be), and off the pitch, (which he clearly is).

It's the market place we're operating in these days DE. Other teams cast offs and flawed characters.

It's laughable after Bowyer's "right type of character" spiel.

It's laughable after Bowyer's "right type of character" spiel.

Well if nothing else its another stick in which to beat the manager marton...

Maybe he's looking to turn his life and career around and Bowyer thinks he's learned his lesson, then again maybe he's another squad player that will offer little to the side, time will tell.

Archived