BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This. With every single signing we make some people are getting richer.

No doubt despite the huge debt and so called desperate need to cost cut our agents fees will be one of the highest in the div again come next accounts. Something that's been bang on consistent every year since the takeover.

Signing Taylor is being used as another stick to beat GB with.

Shame it's Gary himself handing us the branches. Seriously what is the point in this? He's trouble, he's a poor record on and off the pitch, there's nothing to play for league wise - oh and on top of that we've a shed load of debt and some allegedly promising youngsters. On what level does this make sense.

I realize cost cutting will happen in the summer but if Taylor is the type of player to replace Gestede and co. we're deeper in the poo than I imagined (which was pretty deep.)

Oh, and Bowyer's baffling trying to keep 3 strikers happy - how's that going to work with a 4th?

Gestede is going, possibly the same with Rhodes. We're under an embargo so we can only sign free's. it makes sense to get him in now. Whether he's any good is another matter entirely. As for youngsters, we've got no-one who plays just off the front man chomping at the bit to break into the 1st team. O'sullivan is the only one with league experience and he's played more as a winger.

Anyway, it's best not to write people off before they pull on the shirt. Many have done this and looked foolish.

No sh1t Sherlock! :P BUT GB was a Forest fan (he was at Hillsborough rem) and his Dad played for Clough for many years. He can't help but have strong links with and first hand knowledge of Cloughs management techniques.

More accurate in this instance Simon.

You might be right there Gordon, but would Clough's management techniques still be valid in this day and age though.

It would explain why we are crap

Don't want to start any rumours like...

F66E19E2-D5F7-4BA0-B109-64CDC41F6985.jpg

Scary,

Has GB started hitting the bottle yet ?

DEFINITELY some dodgy agents are still lurking in the shadows at Rovers. It's another ridiculous signing.

Once again - are our Academy players really THAT @#/? that they can't even be given a chance in a series of dead rubbers? LUDICROUS! May as well bring back Coco!

Genuine question - please name an Academy striker ready for a crack at the first team. Personally I am all for giving the youngsters a chance - but not heard anyone mention a striker ready for first team action.

Pointless signing.

Not to Mrs D it's not.

Bowyer's gonna make £m out of this lad. He's apparently brilliant.

Meanwhile, March 2017, in the second division were planning for the next home game against morecambe.

• Backroom

Gestede is going, possibly the same with Rhodes. We're under an embargo so we can only sign free's. it makes sense to get him in now. Whether he's any good is another matter entirely. As for youngsters, we've got no-one who plays just off the front man chomping at the bit to break into the 1st team. O'sullivan is the only one with league experience and he's played more as a winger.

Anyway, it's best not to write people off before they pull on the shirt. Many have done this and looked foolish.

It's more the character of the bloke in question, seems like he has some talent but is an absolute mongoose, after we've been told about how we need to bring in the right types we now have brought in a one time Coke head with a record of assault.

At least now the good guy charter is gone we can get old Besty back.

I haven't seen Taylor but I have seen Varney and shipping Varney out for Taylor is hardly a pointless signing imo.

Varney is keeping the guy out of Ipswichs team, that should tell you something.

We have nowt to play for and are under embargo for spending too much money, so whats the point of bringing in Ipswich's top paid player?

Pretty sure we could have coped for the last few games with the 4 strikers we have, and saved over £100k.

Varney is keeping the guy out of Ipswichs team, that should tell you something.

We have nowt to play for and are under embargo for spending too much money, so whats the point of bringing in Ipswich's top paid player?

Pretty sure we could have coped for the last few games with the 4 strikers we have, and saved over £100k.

no he's not, Mccarthy fell out with him and Ipswich paid him off months ago. he has only remained registered to Ipswich so that he could play for someone else this season on loan.

It's more the character of the bloke in question, seems like he has some talent but is an absolute mongoose, after we've been told about how we need to bring in the right types we now have brought in a one time Coke head with a record of assault.

Taylor sounds like an idiot but that wasn't Bluebloods point.

no he's not, Mccarthy fell out with him and Ipswich paid him off months ago. he has only remained registered to Ipswich so that he could play for someone else this season on loan.

Taylor sounds like an idiot but that wasn't Bluebloods point.

McCarthys opinion after loaning him to Rotherham:

"Hes there until January. Listen, I know there are a lot of people who have a really good feel for Paul but theres nothing I can do about that," he told Green 'Un

"I havent seen it in my team whenever hes played whether thats starting or coming off the bench. If I had I wouldnt have let him go

Contract was terminated 3 weeks ago too.

Genuine question - please name an Academy striker ready for a crack at the first team. Personally I am all for giving the youngsters a chance - but not heard anyone mention a striker ready for first team action.

Connor Mahoney, Devarn Green, Forrester, Preston, Rittenberg,

McCarthys opinion after loaning him to Rotherham:

"Hes there until January. Listen, I know there are a lot of people who have a really good feel for Paul but theres nothing I can do about that," he told Green 'Un

"I havent seen it in my team whenever hes played whether thats starting or coming off the bench. If I had I wouldnt have let him go

Contract was terminated 3 weeks ago too.

Varney hasn't replaced him though, like i said McCarthy wanted him out months ago.

Preston's in the Scottish 2nd division, about the level of the West lancs league. Green is 17/18, hardly beating down the 1st team door. Mahoney is 18 and playing on the wing. Forrester did ok at Bury in League 2, and has just come back from long term injury. Rittenberg i've never seen play but he's not banging them in a youth team level.

You want to tell Theno, not me, thats his argument.

ok, i haven't been following your discussion with him.

Agents in the shadows?

1 month loan deal + embargo maximum spend of 10kpw = 40k

I'd be more worried about past agent deals- 10% (at least) of all those contracts paid off, rather than this kind of deal.

Still think that we should look to youth, but this is probably an indicator of our future budget and the location of King, Rhodes and Gestede next season.

He's been training with us for a while, so surely something has been shown. Still- it's a risk with his past problems.

Quite depressing to think of the way our deals are all dependent on circumstance rather than cost.

Rittenberg is on the bench for the Under-21's and has been very poor this season. Forrester is injured, Preston is at Ayr and certainly nowhere near first team material. Mahoney is an out and out winger and Green tends to play a similar role to Conway and Marshall. Truth is we don't have a striker in the Under-21's who is able to step up at the moment. Young Mansell, in the Under-18's, has shown promise but has only had about three games for the Under-21's. One of the reasons for the revamp at the Academy, I would have thought, is to improve the quality of players brought into the club in the first place. In recent years it hasn't been what it was.

Clearly, Taylor has made some massive mistakes in his life. But the cocaine incident was 6 and half years ago.

Lets judge him on how he plays for the first team. Isn't a pacey winger?

Mahoney and Green are wingers.

Preston is on loan in Scottish championship or league 1.

Forrester is injured.

Rittenberg has gone backwards this season.

Lee Mansall looks promising but nowhere near ready for the 1st team at this stage

Archived