BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

• Moderation Lead

Do not be surprised should Rovers operate with a salary cap going forward even if embargo lifted.

Some interesting 'stories' circulating.

The latter- care to elaborate?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do not be surprised should Rovers operate with a salary cap going forward even if embargo lifted.

What interesting stories? Please Can you tell us more? Dm me if you want.

I think we should have salary cap in place going forward. Around 15k a week is reasonable salary cap limited for me.

There's ALWAYS interesting stories flying about in regards to Rovers these days. Amazing how so many people who don't even support the club still have something to say :huh:

What interesting stories? Please Can you tell us more? Dm me if you want.

I think we should have salary cap in place going forward. Around 15k a week is reasonable salary cap limited for me.

That would be 15k per week total budget before too long !!

I'm not sure who RegoftheRovers is but he posted this on the LT comments page today. Quite an 'interesting story' if there is any truth in it:-

In order to clear Rovers £80m loss and rising, and comply with FFP regulations Rovers need a massive cash injection that promotion to the Premiership would give them.
An alternative now being considered by the Rao family is for Venky’s to become not only the clubs owners but also official sponsors.
Many things, including shirt sponsorship and the controversial renaming of Ewood Park to Venky’s Stadium would be paramount in the sponsorship. A £80m / £100m sponsorship deal over a three / five year period would make Rovers solvent, and well within FFP regulations.

He's sometimes bang on the money but other times he's full of sheet. Be an option if it was true but just can't see it, Wouldn't go down well to have their logo all over everything but it was probably always on the cards anyway and if they want to do it they have us over a barrel .........

bloody hell chaddy we need to get costs down

Shaun, I am fully aware of cost need cutting but we need to keep competitive aswell.

I think 15k should be for key players of the squad. Then around 5 to 8k for squad players.

Not every member of the squad will be key players. Around 4 or 5 players will key players.

It's about time Rovers operated with a salary cap in place, it would put off shitehawks like Orr and Best signing. £50k a week for those two was criminal.

that's what forums are for, to share 'interesting' stories. If you're not going to elaborate there's no point in mentioning them.

This is a great site for explaining FFP - any cash injection by Venkys would be considered to be a related party transaction & would be discounted by UEFAs rules - not sure whether Football League rules are the same to be frank

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

But it wouldn't count towards lifting the embargo/salary cap

No way anyhow are they going to inject another 80/100 mill over 3 seasons, no way. Just read the article in question and it looks like bullsheet. He says Barclays own the assets of Ewood etc but as far as I'm aware we just deal with the B.O.I these days. If that is the case because of the original debt on takeover that was supposed to be paid of but wasn't then we really are in more deep stuff than originally thought.

If they actually put £80m into the club and get us promotion they can call it Venkys stadium, it'll still be Ewood to me.

However there's nothing they have done since taking over that suggests that putting additional money into the club is their intention.

Under FFP we can only resign any of them if they are earning under c. 12k a week including agent fees, and if we have enough established player squad positions left.

I don't think that is the case for existing players, at least not according to Wheelock in the LT, he said recently that Rovers could give new contracts

to any of the existing players or any who's contracts are due to end, without the salary limit applying.

I think he was talking about Josh King at the time.

No way we should be resigning Dunn, literally offered nothing this season. Kilgallion and Taylor will get new contracts - though Taylor might not sign it considering he has struggled to get games. Everyone else is off.

Hope we have our famed and extensive scouting network unearthing striking talent. We need three of them to replace Rhodes, Gestede and King. We also desperately need to sign Spearing and Baptiste. If we could get Tunnicliffe to replace Williamson that would be a good move. We aren't going to manage much more than that imo so success next year is going to hinge on getting more consistentcy out of the likes of Conway, Cairney, Spearing (if we sign him),Evans, Marshall, Henley etc. Plus hopefully one attacking player in the academy will make an impression.

Not looking good. Unless we find some really great forwards for peanuts we are going to struggle to do better than bottom half.

I hear so many stories about DD. Mates say he's not injured, desperate to play but there is a "reason" he's not, fallen out with GB, papers, Rovers trot out his injury......who knows? Named the cat Dunny, big Tom cat, boy can he sleep!

I have heard a similar story indirectly through a pal who approached him to do some football prize presentations.

Archived