BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

• Backroom

Nsangou looks like a talent there, his movement with the  ball on the last move in particular 

I can’t work out if the video is ever so slightly sped up or not 

On 29/08/2023 at 14:47, RoverCanada said:

Another random one is Sam Burns has ended up in the 2nd tier Greek league: https://panachaikifc1891.gr/nea/o-agglos-sam-burns-to-neo-metagrafiko-apoktima-tis-panaxaikis

Certainly an interesting move! Good luck to him.

Burns' former forward partners in the Rovers U23 team have also been on the move. Connor McBride, has signed for Gateshead, after a bit of a struggle to make an impression in the Scottish second tier and Sam Durrant moved to Dundalk in Ireland after being released by Sheffield Wednesday. 

From that U23 side that finished, I think 5th in the league, only Garrett and Batty have made an impact on the first team squad, I think. Isaac Whitehall and Lenni Cirino are, I think, still with the club and also from that era, but as far as I can tell, they are still out with long-term injuries and it looks like they're running out of time to earn new contracts.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Will be interesting to see if Gent gets any game time at Motherwell. Bit weird that he's in the SPL given that he's nowhere near our first team 

It would be even more weird if Gent was anywhere near our first team, and was then loaned to Motherwell.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I find the Jack Vale loan to Lincoln surprising considering that he's currently injured. 

Rovers U23s were thrashed by Spurs today, according to their website. It's going to be another hard slog for the team this year, it seems. 

There is no competition now for the U21s since promotion/relegation has been removed. last season Spurs were relegated, this season they are unbeaten. Man city pissed the league, this season they are down at the bottom end. I think team results will mean nothing. All players will only concentrate on their own performances.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

Noticed there hasn’t fit some time been an under 21s thread and with the success of graduates over recent years thanks to the likes of Johnson, Sheron and co plus great performances in league and cups I should kickstart a thread for discussion about the 21s. 

this season sees some new things introduced with the scrapping of the two division format in favour of slightly confusing new one in terms of fixture but understandable league format with it being a play off system which more half the league qualify for which is a bit daft in itself, I can understand the need for change with teams putting players development on the back seats in favour of maintaining a higher league place as priority even recruiting accordingly which we have been guilty of ourselves I can fully understand the scrapping of divisions, 26 teams in the Premier league 2 and 16 qualifying for the play offs and  10 missing out, I would rather it have been a top 6 style play offs system like in the FL personally. 

With the success of the academy i think under 21s in particular should be better supported throughout the fan base, games more mainly being played at the weekend especially on days when rovers aren’t playing or are away fans should do their best to get down and support them if they can.. they deserve our support, the academy gets overlooked a lot given the high standard it is so would love to see support grow for it especially while it’s producing the goods. 

Currently 4 games into the season 

Chelsea 6-1

West Brom 3-3 

Leicester 4-1

Tottenham 4-0

this season rovers will be competing in more competitions, along side the usual PL2, premier league cup, international cup and lancs cup ( even though it’s not an under 21s comp by definition) rovers have entered the central league cup, games like the lancs cup held midweek afternoons on training pitches, was a Surprise to see us in but understandable as it provides more games to distribute minutes to first team fringers aswell as under 18s like the Lancashire cup 

rovers take on Preston, Burnley, Stanley and Wrexham in the competition 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Noticed there hasn’t fit some time been an under 21s thread and with the success of graduates over recent years thanks to the likes of Johnson, Sheron and co plus great performances in league and cups I should kickstart a thread for discussion about the 21s. 

this season sees some new things introduced with the scrapping of the two division format in favour of slightly confusing new one in terms of fixture but understandable league format with it being a play off system which more half the league qualify for which is a bit daft in itself, I can understand the need for change with teams putting players development on the back seats in favour of maintaining a higher league place as priority even recruiting accordingly which we have been guilty of ourselves I can fully understand the scrapping of divisions, 26 teams in the Premier league 2 and 16 qualifying for the play offs and  10 missing out, I would rather it have been a top 6 style play offs system like in the FL personally. 

With the success of the academy i think under 21s in particular should be better supported throughout the fan base, games more mainly being played at the weekend especially on days when rovers aren’t playing or are away fans should do their best to get down and support them if they can.. they deserve our support, the academy gets overlooked a lot given the high standard it is so would love to see support grow for it especially while it’s producing the goods. 

Chelsea 6-1

West Brom 3-3 

Leicester 4-1

Tottenham 4-0

this season rovers will be competing in more competitions, along side the usual PL2, premier league cup, international cup and lancs cup ( even though it’s not an under 21s comp by definition) rovers have entered the central league cup, games like the lancs cup held midweek afternoons on training pitches, was a Surprise to see us in but understandable as it provides more games to distribute minutes to first team fringers aswell as under 18s like the Lancashire cup 

rovers take on Preston, Burnley, Stanley and Wrexham in the competition 

There has always been an U21s thread, perhaps you just didn't look.

8 hours ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Chelsea 6-1

West Brom 3-3 

Leicester 4-1

Tottenham 4-0

When discussing Rovers' fixtures the Rovers score should always come first. I cannot understand the modern way of always giving the home side score first.

Those scores should read:-

Chelsea  1-6

WBA         3-3

Leicester 4-1

Tottenham 0-4

If you look at programmes of the 1950s, 60s, 70s, 80s & 90s you'll see that in Rovers' fixtures the Rovers' score comes first regardless of home or away. Only in the national fixtures does the home team score come first.

E.g. In the papers last Saturday the score was Plymouth v Blackburn 3-0. But in the Rovers fixture list it should read Plymouth Argyle (A) 0-3

Not getting at you, TheRovers1994 but I just had to have another rant about something that bugs me. Like us still playing in blue and white halves and not the traditional quarters....that's another rant for another day.