BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

Can't blame him and it's unfair of people to slag him off, he knows we are going nowhere ever with these clowns and this sub standard coaching set up. Was told last season by a friend of his that he was @#/? off at being messed about by the manger, the feeling was they were trying to get him to hand in a request when there was other interest. Now there is a genuine good opportunity with good money on the table.

The alternative is staying in limbo here, albeit well paid but he has va genuine chance of getting to the Prem with Boro. There is NON here !

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhodes leaving will take the last of the feel good factor with him.

Shame for those young kids who have had Rhodes printed on their shirts. They are going to learn the hard way.

I agree. He should only be sold when we are in a position to reinvest the money in the squad.

His wage of 2m pa are probably not doing our case against the embargo much good at all. Any blame here is down to stupid owners being taken in by the silvery tongue of Anderson and his lap dog. How they must wish they had never set eyes on him.

Rhodes said he was happy at Rovers and would stay put until time came where we didn't want him any more.

Now is that time. Something has changed at Ewood.

Bowyer and Shaw want him out and want to cash in. No semblance of ambition left in the club. It's just a case of getting the best price for him now. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been advised by the club to talk to the press and get an improved bid on the table.

Said it all along, we are heading one way under Bowyer, especially if we don't take our chance whilst we've got a talented squad. Some will argue we were always heading down under Venky's. Well now proves we should have gambled on a manager who isn't characterless and devoid of tactical acumen. We could have achieved promotion had we taken that risk. Instead, we chose to stick with a poor manager and resign ourselves to Championship and the depths beyond. I'm sure all those who believe Gaz should get a job for life will be delighted.

Let's see if he gets the same stick as Rudy.

In fact let's see if he gets the hatred Lucas Neill got despite giving us 18 months warning of his departure.

Gestede got stick because of the way he did it and the timing, with the ref's final whistle still ringing in his ears. Rhodes has consistently avoided being put on record - until now.

I think the overriding feeling will be of disappointment, followed by resignation, rather than hatred.

premier-league-pledge-640x480195-2442884

It was already a joke in poor taste that lacked the ambition or will to back it up

But once Gestede and Rhodes leaves, whilst RELEASED French lower 3rd Division nomarks come in, it's getting more and more insulting....surely?

They're having a poll in the telegraph, sell or keep, vast majority say sell!

Of course it is. The LT is where the Bowyer supporters live. No Rhodes and no Gestede will enhance Bowyer's credibility tenfold.

JR is at an age where he needs to play at the highest level his talent allows. Staying here isn't going to further his ambition - it was ever thus.

Whilst not quite in a donkey lasher state, we won't be far off with our strike force gone.

He's been a good servant of the club. Sadly our owners don't seem to know what ambition is, let alone how to achieve it?

As you said about us with allerdyce .. Be careful what you wish for .

I was right then that's for sure. Plenty were wrong too despite being told time and again what would happen.

If they'd kept big Sam and given him that 5m pa we'd still be happily bending over for the big boys whilst grubbing around the bottom six desperately trying to avoid relegation from the Prem. :(

North West County is getting closer Abbey. :tu: Unfortunately where once we (under Jack Walker) could have been in the driving seat of this brave new footballing world now it will be either Whelan, Hemmings or Oyston. :unsure: Take yer pick.

Of course it is. The LT is where the Bowyer supporters live. No Rhodes and no Gestede will enhance Bowyer's credibility tenfold.

HOW!?

Surely its more Khods assertion. a

Would never have been invested anyway. Had we not signed Rhodes, that £8mill would have been wasted on other no-marks, just like the countless millions were before Rhodes arrived. Under Kean and his scum cronies, Rhodes was the only success and saved us from relegation that season. Had that transfer not gone through and the money been wasted on more Etuhu's and Best's, where would we be now?

Not necessarily. The regime that signed the dollopers and profited accordingly had gone.

No excuse for making comments to ESPN. That is poor stuff.

I have no problem with him expressing his unhappiness with the club behind closed doors and even pushing for a transfer in private.

But to take his comments into the world media has wiped out 3 years of exemplary conduct.

But then again, if people at the club - Shaw/Bowyer/Cheston want him out but know Venkys aren't budging it wont do them any harm to have these quotes accelerate his departure.

Wrong.

If I were Bowyers agent I'd be advising him to resign asap. The club is moving rapidly downhill. Despite this he has a pretty decent record of management and player trading at this level. He'd soon get another job. Alternatively if he stays he will be tarred with our brush. His next career move needs to be away from here.

JR is at an age where he needs to play at the highest level his talent allows. Staying here isn't going to further his ambition - it was ever thus.

Whilst not quite in a donkey lasher state, we won't be far off with our strike force gone.

He's been a good servant of the club. Sadly our owners don't seem to know what ambition is, let alone how to achieve it?

As far as I can see with an impossible debt amounting to gazillions we are in a much more unhealthy state.

Rhodes leaving will take the last of the feel good factor with him.

Shame for those young kids who have had Rhodes printed on their shirts. They are going to learn the hard way.

Just like we did Stu. Character building. :tu:

I was right then that's for sure. Plenty were wrong too despite being told time and again what would happen.

If they'd kept big Sam and given him that 5m pa we'd still be happily bending over for the big boys whilst grubbing around the bottom six desperately trying to avoid relegation from the Prem. :(

North West County is getting closer Abbey. :tu:

I might have a shot of playing in the famous blue and white after all.

North West County is getting closer Abbey. :tu: Unfortunately where once we (under Jack Walker) could have been in the driving seat of this brave new footballing world now it will be either Whelan, Hemmings or Oyston. :unsure: Take yer pick.

Nw league now r.ather than get there naturally under these pond life bottom feeders

Not necessarily. The regime that signed the dollopers and profited accordingly had gone.

At the time when Rhodes signed, the dollopers were in situ.

Had we not signed Rhodes that window, who would have bagged those 27 goals or whatever it was? With Kean et al in charge until January, no Rhodes and a team of has-beens and no-marks, I have no doubt we'd have been down by Christmas.

Whilst I agree with you and den that the £8mill could have been more soundly invested (and so could the countless millions before the JR signing), I think you're conveniently ignoring when this was in the transfer window, the kind of season we had despite Rhodes bagging 27 goals and the calibre of previous signings made for big money.

The signings made that summer and in the January window very nearly consigned us to relegation, and with an already inflated squad, it was very clear the £8mill spent on Rhodes was never going to be invested elsewhere that season, and if it was it would likely been a player on par with the dross previously signed under this regime.

Without Rhodes's goals that season we'd have been in League One long before May.

Wrong.

If I were Bowyers agent I'd be advising him to resign asap. The club is moving rapidly downhill. Despite this he has a pretty decent record of management and player trading at this level. He'd soon get another job. Alternatively if he stays he will be tarred with our brush. His next career move needs to be away from here.

As far as I can see with an impossible debt amounting to gazillions we are in a much more unhealthy state.

Resign ????

No such word at Ewood. Pay offs not play offs !!!

Archived