BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

He's been the ultimate professional up until today. Unfortunately his decision to criticise his employers whilst speaking to ESPN has wiped out his fantastic conduct beforehand.

He didn't need to go to the media. If he isn't/wasn't happy with Rovers he could deal with it behind closed doors.

And who would he have done that with ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been the ultimate professional up until today. Unfortunately his decision to criticise his employers whilst speaking to ESPN has wiped out his fantastic conduct beforehand.

He didn't need to go to the media. If he isn't/wasn't happy with Rovers he could deal with it behind closed doors.

Absolute Bunkum JH.

The way he was treated last season was an absolute disgrace, he should have put a transfer request in after the Hull debacle, but what did he do? played the day after and scored I believe.

I have absolutely no problem with Rhodes going to the media, dealing with Shaw and Venkys, a bunch of amateurs, forces his hand, contract or no contract. Don't forget, Shaw sold him last season to Hull, only for that fat idiot in Pune to change his mind.

Maybe we should start a new thread... "LT comments - deluded simpletons".

There are the occassional comments that show that Blackburn has retained some degree of education

I'm deluded because I believe Bowyer should have been replaced over 12 months ago when we still had a shot at promotion? Yeah, ok. Unfortunately there are a number of fans who believe things are moving in the right direction under Venky's, Shaw and Bowyer. Have a read of the comments above if you don't believe me. Rebuilding process?!?! He's had two and a half years and brought in 31 players. How much more rebuilding does he need?! We are under an embargo, our best players want out and we don't have the means of replacing them besides frees and loans, which certainly haven't been Bowyer's speciality thus far. I am grateful for what Bowyer achieved in his first six months. He did a sterling job. Since then, however, we have moved backwards and continue to do so. In fact, the rate of knots at which we are regressing is increasing and without promotion our financial situation and thus are status as a club is at tremendous risk. PL money is the only way out of this mess. I'm alarmed that you and plenty others can not see where we are heading. Bowyer isn't the main culprit. The problems stem from Venky's all the way through the incompetents at boardroom level down to the subpar coaching staff. There is a long list of shysters and vermin who have leeched off the club and contributed to the situation we are in. However, Bowyer being retained these last two seasons has done us more harm than good. We needed to get promoted, he failed with the second best strike force in the league. Now we are under an embargo, with our best players on the way, with a manager who is tactically inferior to the head coaches of the majority of our rivals. Dark times behind, darker times ahead.

I tend to agree unless

a) he has a clause in his contract stipulating that he is allowed to speak to any Club who lodges an official bid in excess of the 8m we paid for him and the Club have gone back on that.

or)

B) Bowyer and Shaw and the bean counters want him out which has prompted him to go public. .I must say Bowyer appeared to be sulking like Kevin the teenager when the V's knocked back the potential move to Hull 12 months ago, when he should have been jumping through hoops that he was being allowed to keep his best players..

Other than that JR is under contract until 2019 and was perfectly happy to sign a deal on improved terms not so long ago.

Can't really blame him for wanting to leave per se though. We are clearly going backwards under Bowyer and if you were a striker would you want to spend another season in front of a midfield containing Lowe® + A.N. other?

Absolute Bunkum JH.

The way he was treated last season was an absolute disgrace, he should have put a transfer request in after the Hull debacle, but what did he do? played the day after and scored I believe.

I have absolutely no problem with Rhodes going to the media, dealing with Shaw and Venkys, a bunch of amateurs, forces his hand, contract or no contract. Don't forget, Shaw sold him last season to Hull, only for that fat idiot in Pune to change his mind.

you beat me to it gav, and i wanted to use your trademark "bunkum"

There are the occassional comments that show that Blackburn has retained some degree of education

I'm deluded because I believe Bowyer should have been replaced over 12 months ago when we still had a shot at promotion? Yeah, ok. Unfortunately there are a number of fans who believe things are moving in the right direction under Venky's, Shaw and Bowyer. Have a read of the comments above if you don't believe me. Rebuilding process?!?! He's had two and a half years and brought in 31 players. How much more rebuilding does he need?! We are under an embargo, our best players want out and we don't have the means of replacing them besides frees and loans, which certainly haven't been Bowyer's speciality thus far. I am grateful for what Bowyer achieved in his first six months. He did a sterling job. Since then, however, we have moved backwards and continue to do so. In fact, the rate of knots at which we are regressing is increasing and without promotion our financial situation and thus are status as a club is at tremendous risk. PL money is the only way out of this mess. I'm alarmed that you and plenty others can not see where we are heading. Bowyer isn't the main culprit. The problems stem from Venky's all the way through the incompetents at boardroom level down to the subpar coaching staff. There is a long list of shysters and vermin who have leeched off the club and contributed to the situation we are in. However, Bowyer being retained these last two seasons has done us more harm than good. We needed to get promoted, he failed with the second best strike force in the league. Now we are under an embargo, with our best players on the way, with a manager who is tactically inferior to the head coaches of the majority of our rivals. Dark times behind, darker times ahead.

Haha say hello to my LT username :)

Thanks for the kind words Shaun :)

I don't blame Rhodes at all. If I were him I'd be leading the queue outside the door of whoever deals with these things, transfer request in hand. Why would anyone other than no hopers want to stay at Rovers? Heck even the die hard fans don't really want to be there. Most are going out of a sense of loyalty, habit, family reasons or because they cling desperately to a hope that something will change for the better. Theyre not going because they really think there's a cat in hell's chance of promotion or even a top 10 finish with a bit of excitement thrown in along the way. I want to want to be there. Other than because it's my club, I don't. It's not Rhodes club, so why should he want to be there. Yes we pay his wages and he's under contract, hence he's here but it's not a reason for him to want to be.

Lets be realistic. It is said that Rhodes has been loyal to Rovers but lets not forget in the past he has been linked with a move away he has come out with a pay rise or an extended contract. We are in no position to do this anymore so it comes as no surprise that he has come and said what he is said. The days of loyalty to clubs has long since departed.

As Boro's bid was rejected and the excuse of being in the same division given, then Rovers hand was played. The final play had to be the player's. He has played it, he has no reason to show Rovers any loyalty just like he did to Huddersfield.

The only straw I'm clutching hold of is that Rhodes appears to be exceptionally well regarded in Pune and this shock development that their favourite son wants out might come as a bit of a wake up call if they have been being fed a constant diet of "all is rosy in the garden" from Messrs Shaw and Bowyer.

If they then enquired what the hell is going on and were met with the response "maybe we should sell" perhaps a raft of P45's would be in the offing.

One can but dream.

premier-league-pledge-640x480195-2442884

It was already a joke in poor taste that lacked the ambition or will to back it up

But once Gestede and Rhodes leaves, whilst RELEASED French lower 3rd Division nomarks come in, it's getting more and more insulting....surely?

That's the most pointless offer ever. Hell why not add if rovers get to the champions league all away day expenses will be covered by the club.

A better offer would be buy a season ticket by a certain date and if by Xmas the football is the same old dross as it's been for 5 years with bowyer falsely peddling a mythical playoff push then everyone gets a full refund. But it's a little more difficult to dangle an offer they may have to pay out on

Well if we might as well accept the 12mill and move on. Disappointing this from Rhodes tbh. Could have kept it behind closed doors, but clear he is now wanting to force a move

What was that joke about Brown being our main striker?

So Rhodes wants to leave Rovers to go and play for a Karanka (now rhyming slang) who blew promotion last year.

Fancy that. Surely he'd rather stay and play for the bigger loser who couldn't get his team anywhere near the playoffs and stay in a climate similar to a school classroom where the kids throw stuff at "the soft teacher"

He's getting a lot of grief here but I'm not sure it's really deserved.

He's been on the end of a lot of speculation for about 3 transfer windows now and each time has never uttered a word about wanting to leave or being disappointed with the club. Now perhaps (and moreover his agent would advise him) he feels that he needs to force the issue a little bit. Outside looking in it looks like Venkys are happy to reject every bid that comes their way - He's done 3 years with us, scored a lot of goals and the club aren't moving in the right direction.

Hands up those who would choose to stay on this sinking ship? And forget our undying loyalty.

£12m is a good price - sadly we won't be able to spend it though. Be a long old season this.

Question: How come Boro can splash this cash without FFP getting hold of them? I assume it'll be in the region of £12m and almost £60,000 p/w wages. Are they just winging it to try to get to the Prem and settle with TV cash, and therefore could it leave them in a mess this time next season?

Boro fan here I just want to appoligize for all the stress our club must be causing you over the transfer of your top striker we have been through hard times too and are very lucky to have a chairman who will dip in his pocket and fund the club he loves the same club who got sent down because of a stupid rule when we played you guys so I guess with your Indian chairman who is tighter then a nuns crotch Karma is a bitch and you are getting served yours now. Rhodes is coming to teeside he will love us and we will love him thank you for the striker who will fire ius to promotion Karma was worth the wait . All the best in the championship or whereever you end up. xxx THE BORO.

Might be worth waiting till you go up before gloating. Karma is indeed a bitch...

Boro fan here I just want to appoligize for all the stress our club must be causing you over the transfer of your top striker we have been through hard times too and are very lucky to have a chairman who will dip in his pocket and fund the club he loves the same club who got sent down because of a stupid rule when we played you guys so I guess with your Indian chairman who is tighter then a nuns crotch Karma is a bitch and you are getting served yours now. Rhodes is coming to teeside he will love us and we will love him thank you for the striker who will fire ius to promotion Karma was worth the wait . All the best in the championship or whereever you end up. xxx THE BORO.

Love that we're getting blamed for the FA ruling :wstu: Numb c.u.n.t

I bet this is the @#/? that ran on and threw his ST at McClaren that season. Not allowed in the Riverside anymore so he trolls message boards sat in nothing but his socks.

Hardly our fault you were deducted points.

hyperbreed - must be a burnley fan surely.

Our 'top striker'? Must be Rudy Gestede

Lol as if your team is a sure bet to get promoted. Check back in again at the end of the season

hyperbreed - must be a burnley fan surely.

Our 'top striker'? Must be Rudy Gestede

Not necessarily OJ - I hear they like the smell of their siblings up that way as well.

He'll be dashing to the shops now to top up on bath soaps for his Friday night in with the family.

Archived