BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

The blame shifting and backside covering will be taken to a new level over this one.

How can Bowyer cover his arse. He was the one not picking him which probably settled it in Jordan's mind that he needed to get out. We are royally screwed now.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that's exactly why the rumour of GB walking if Rhodes/Gestede are sold is absolute bunkum.

Course it's bunk. Bowyer's the one forced him out in my mind. Still should be plenty of happy people on here since all Rhodes does is score.

Again Venky's sitting on their hands and mot replacing Bowyer last season when it was clear he was out of his depth is catalyst for us dropping another level. We will cease to exist before they are gone. God I hate them mo fo's

And that's exactly why the rumour of GB walking if Rhodes/Gestede are sold is absolute bunkum.

Not really, its a move straight out of the Steve Kean Managerial play book the chapter on exit strategy , just after the blaming everything but yourself for your shortcomings chapter. Walking out a man of dignity and all that ... the press love it

Unfortunately can't see the rogue MD doing the same , not with a couple of big lunches coming up with lashings of gravy ,munch munch munch , wonder who will be invited to dine on a piece of the Rhodes pie

From the LT

A poll on the Lancashire Telegraph website yesterday showed that 69 per cent of 1,908 voters were in favour of selling Rhodes after his statement.

69% of 1908 according the the LT??

I've got to say either this figure has been manipulated or the 69% don't understand the term ' transfer embargo'

From the LT

A poll on the Lancashire Telegraph website yesterday showed that 69 per cent of 1,908 voters were in favour of selling Rhodes after his statement.

69% of 1908 according the the LT??

I've got to say either this figure has been manipulated or the 69% don't understand the term ' transfer embargo'

The LT is the home of the dingles. Especially the Rovers stories. They know that Rhodes leaving will make us an even softer target and make us miserable.

90 votes on a dedicated fan site and 10% think the same. Rather silly though whomever thought of that third option which is distorting the results of the poll. Am'o?

Personally, I find the situation with Rhodes the same as the one with Gestede. Once a player indicates he wants to leave then get as much as you can for him and let him go. Both players clearly want to leave and players who indicate that usually get their way. Trying to keep players who want to move rarely works as you can never be sure just how committed they are to the club once they have indicated they want away.

Personally, I find the situation with Rhodes the same as the one with Gestede. Once a player indicates he wants to leave then get as much as you can for him and let him go. Both players clearly want to leave and players who indicate that usually get their way. Trying to keep players who want to move rarely works as you can never be sure just how committed they are to the club once they have indicated they want away.

But in a couple of months you will be using the departure of Rhodes and Gestede as another reason to defend Bowyer.

Don't fight until it's too late then say that it's too late to fight.

Look it was always the safest bet in football that Rhodes would go.

Who can blame him?

- dreadful owners

- 3rd rate "Manager"

- 1/3 full stadium

- a nice sign on fee

- the chance of promotion.

Sad news but get real!

Spot on analysis

Look it was always the safest bet in football that Rhodes would go.

Who can blame him?

- dreadful owners

- 3rd rate "Manager"

- 1/3 full stadium

- a nice sign on fee

- the chance of promotion.

Sad news but get real!

Hardly 'safe'. He is under contract and Venkys can be very belligerent.

The end of the window could just as easily see us keep both as lose both. That's part of the problem!

Badly worded and perhaps manipulative BRFCC Poll. Was it set up by a 'Yes' voter ?

I voted 'No' - also I believe many who voted 'Who Cares' would have voted 'No' if it was just a Yes/No Poll making it a much higher % for keeping Rhodes.

Every Rovers supporter/fan, unless your name is Rip Van Wankey and you're still asleep, believes that the Wankeys have ruined the Club.

I have no problem with him wanting to leave. He came here to further his career and it didn't work out so he wants to go elsewhere to do it. That's football. Boro looks a good move for him as well, a club with some ambition. Looks like we might be looking at almost a Blackpool situation next season as some of us have been saying for a while. Dark days indeed.

Like the image of the Dingle sat in his bedroom with his knob out repeat voting yes on that lLET Survey. They are truly obsessed and not in a good way.

But in a couple of months you will be using the departure of Rhodes and Gestede as another reason to defend Bowyer.

Don't fight until it's too late then say that it's too late to fight.

Whether we like it or not FFP means the likes of Forest and ourselves are now facing an uphill battle this season. Clearly, some players don't want to stick around when there are opportunities to join other clubs who are in a better position. Northing wrong with that - just look at the players who joined us in 91-92 when Jack had Kenny and Ray rebuilding the club. Players have short careers and most want to achieve something at whatever level they operate at. At the moment the restrictions that have been imposed on us means we are not in the same position as the likes of Boro or Derby in terms of building a promotion winning side. Both Rhodes and Gestede clearly want to fulfil their ambitions to play at the highest level and both clearly don't believe they can achieve that with the Rovers. Of course we can play hardball and keep them but then you have two players whose commitment to the club is questionable to say the least. To be honest Stuart, there are no easy answers at this point but personally I've always believed that once a player makes it public he wants out it rarely goes well trying to keep them. Get as much as you can for them and move on with players who want to be at Ewood Park.

We'll see how well Rhodes does elsewhere. If he's still in the Championship I'm sure he'll keep scoring, but the overall flaws in his game won't disappear. I'm not at all sure that 'Boro (or whoever buys him) will be happy with having sunk £10 mill+ into Rhodes in 12 months time. I'd honestly be quite pleased with this development, if it wasn't for the fact that we're highly unlikely to see the money re-invested into the squad.

Yes - you can imagine in 12 months time Boro fans debating why Rhodes scored 25 goals and yet the team doesn't look as good and they missed out on promotion. On the other hand - the quality they are building in their squad and better ability to keep the ball - it could be a dream move for them. One thing is certain - they are gambling hugely on getting promoted. Aside from obviously Rovers - I would prefer anyone other than Boro or Derby to get promoted next season so we can see if the league invokes FFP rules in the same way it has for Rovers.

Whether we like it or not FFP means the likes of Forest and ourselves are now facing an uphill battle this season. Clearly, some players don't want to stick around when there are opportunities to join other clubs who are in a better position. Northing wrong with that - just look at the players who joined us in 91-92 when Jack had Kenny and Ray rebuilding the club. Players have short careers and most want to achieve something at whatever level they operate at. At the moment the restrictions that have been imposed on us means we are not in the same position as the likes of Boro or Derby in terms of building a promotion winning side. Both Rhodes and Gestede clearly want to fulfil their ambitions to play at the highest level and both clearly don't believe they can achieve that with the Rovers. Of course we can play hardball and keep them but then you have two players whose commitment to the club is questionable to say the least. To be honest Stuart, there are no easy answers at this point but personally I've always believed that once a player makes it public he wants out it rarely goes well trying to keep them. Get as much as you can for them and move on with players who want to be at Ewood Park.

Spot on Parson. It's going to be tough but once we are able to sign players again then we can rebuild. May be in League 1 by then though.

Move on with players who want to be at Ewood Park? There aren't many now and there will be even fewer when both our goal scorers leave. Add to that, every youngster on the books isn't good enough.

This really isn't like it was last time, Parson. We can have no faith that the owners want the best for BRFC, and whilst Bowyer may do we can have no faith that he can deliver it. With Venkys League One beckons, without them League One beckons. Lose our final decent players and we may as well see the back of the Raos. Their single plus is that they've not sold players they didn't want to sell and every time those players have knuckled down.

Professional football is about a dream, it's about ambition, it's about pride. Blackburn Rovers 2012-Present has none of the above. We, the fans, need 'something' and we are getting more nothing every day. At the moment, keeping Rhodes and Gestede is the equivalent of two marquee new signings (how sad is that?). Death by a thousand cuts used to be the phrase in the final years of the Walker Trust - lest we forget - now it's death by ten thousand.

Spot on Parson. It's going to be tough but once we are able to sign players again then we can rebuild. May be in League 1 by then though.

HOW?? We will then be back under another embargo.

We are under embargo so we have to wee with the willy we've got - at least while we've still got one!

Personally have never blamed any player for wanting to leave the club since the to**ers arrived. Eminently sensible. Says more about those that want to stay than those with ambition and common sense.

A decent manager would help retain players of course. Someone players actually believed in to achieve advertised targets.

Not getting all misty eyed about Jordan. All those claiming our blue eyed boy loved it here and would never rock the boat always made me chuckle with their naivety and wide eyed innocence. His only loyalty is to his pay packet and we have contributed handsomely to that ever since ge arrived. Hence him still being here.

I don't think we will go down if selling both strikers. Some very poor teams reside at this level who have a fraction of our budget available.

Sort the defence and focus on clean sheets and we can still achieve the mid-table position some on here feel is perfectly acceptable. You don't need to score three to win football matches. Better to keep Rhodes and Gestede if insisting on conceeding two each week. Clean sheets reduces our dependency on them considerably.

The red top chubby funster reporting on twitter that Steve Gibson going to ring Venky's direct to sort the Rhodes saga out

HaHaHA, probably a good chance the deal won't happen then.

Serioulsy though - 1. Can't see them even wanting to speak to him and 2. If they did I think it would put Gibson off trying to do a deal.

Well, as a fan who's always argued hard and long about the need to keep your best players (or in this case a player who wants out), I find myself in the strange situation of agreeing with that Parson. Losing Gestede and Rhodes "might" cost us our championship place, then again if we drop on a couple of quality loans, it might not. That's all down to Bowyer. If those two go, he just has to find someone from somewhere. So I'm afraid to say, we'll have to let him go and face the situation best as we can. I think I've been adequately dumbed down. The club is facing a fight for its existence IMO.

HaHaHA, probably a good chance the deal won't happen then.

Quite.

Pune Towers. PA: "Madame, sorry to bother you, I just had a very strange phone call, it might have had something to do with that silly foot ball thing again. I don't know, it was very strange. A man from Middleearth wanting to take Jordan. I told him to never ring again or to be so silly."

Madame: "Nice one, cheers our kid. sorted."

Archived