BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gibson ringing either Ewood or Faulty Towers (Pune) Ltd :-

Hello, hello, is anyone there?

I am sorry we can't be with you at the moment but your call is important to us so please continue holding until one of our clowns is free.

(A few minutes later, a series of clicks and clunks, then....)

For the lies and deceit department, press 1

For the shaft the fans department, press 2

For the chicken department, press 3

For the shelving department, press 4

We don't have a football department. You can press 5 all you want, no one will answer so f&@" off!

Brilliant CLB.

Any chance you and Bob can team up for a Bob and CLB monthly column?

Well if that's being treated like sh11t, I would take it every day of the year!

Think bigger picture FFS.

He earns 40k a week yes, that's normal to most top flight footballers.

What isn't normal is for your club to tell anyone who will listen that we're open to selling your best striker week in week out if the price is right!

Did John Williams do that?

I can't believe I'm having to explain it TBH.

If gav thinks Rhodes job is @#/? then you are welcome to it Leonard...... I'll have Gavs job! :tu:

You couldn't do my job Gordon, it would mean living Pleasington!

To be honest while it is not professional to go to the press if I was not a Rovers fan I would be looking for a way out of the club.

Wages are only really part of the deal. When Rhodes signed it was in the understanding we were going for promotion and the owners would support that. That situation has ceased to exist. He has largely been treated by a piece of meat to be traded by the owners.

Further it is clear that while Bowyer appreciates his abilities in an ideal world he would have a different type of striker. He wanted to sell to Hull and reinvest the money.

Also while going to the press is bad form I sincerely doubt the owners have given Rhodes much choice. If he or his agent tried to speak to them I doubt they would be interested. It's another situation further deteriorated by terrible communication from Venkys.

As others have said I think if both Gestede and Rhodes go and we get weak replacements (as looks a certainty) Marshall and maybe Conway will be looking to leave.

What isn't normal is for your club to tell anyone who will listen that we're open to selling your best striker week in week out if the price is right!

If John Williams had a player on his books who's wage swallowed up the entire turnover on its own.....

Obviously he wouldn't have got into that situation in the first place.

Think actual picture FFS :)

Rhodes isn't in the top-flight. £40k a week for a Championship player is ridiculous. He got that and a contract extension after his move to Hull fell through. He was obviously happy to sign it and then tell the world he'd like to be a Rover forever. Now his Uncle wants him again at his new club he's run off to the press. Not only that but he's saying because we rec'd an offer bigger than what we paid for him we should accept it. Cheeky sod, it's got nothing to do with him what BRFC deem a suitable price.

Rhodes has been treated very well by Rovers and he's now acting like a petulant child. All this talk of the club actively hawking him out to the highest bidder is also unsubstantiated, as are a lot of things that get passed off as fact on here.

Good finisher though

Think actual picture FFS :)

Rhodes isn't in the top-flight. £40k a week for a Championship player is ridiculous. He got that and a contract extension after his move to Hull fell through. He was obviously happy to sign it and then tell the world he'd like to be a Rover forever. Now his Uncle wants him again at his new club he's run off to the press. Not only that but he's saying because we rec'd an offer bigger than what we paid for him we should accept it. Cheeky sod, it's got nothing to do with him what BRFC deem a suitable price.

Rhodes has been treated very well by Rovers and he's now acting like a petulant child. All this talk of the club actively hawking him out to the highest bidder is also unsubstantiated, as are a lot of things that get passed off as fact on here.

Good finisher though

Rhodes has shown remarkable restraint until last week. Yes, he is very well paid but a footballer's is a short career and we denied him the chance to play in the Premier League a year ago.

Whilst not mentioning Rhodes specifically, Saint Gary's post match interviews last season were virtually an advert for all our players.

One of the main reasons he makes me cringe and I don't subscribe to all the 'good guy' stuff.

You couldn't do my job Gordon, it would mean living Pleasington!

Gav

Looking at the bigger picture.

Can a club wilth a fanbase as little as ours carry on to pay £40,000 a week for a player? no

From day one, Venkys have said they wanted Rovers to run as a club which could run on loanees, short term contracts, players brought in from lower leagues etc. The plan was always to buy cheap sell high. Every player at clubs outside the top three or four know that the clubs will sell if the price is right just like every player will want to move if there is a better offer around the corner.

As I said before the only reason that Rhodes stayed loyal is because Rovers improved any offer that previously on the table to keep him. With the FFP rules and the parachute payments running out, Rovers cannot do this anymore hence him now wanting to move. I don't blame he has to maximise his opportunities whilst he can.

We've heard that Rovers need players of Rhodes calibre to go up and are showing lack of ambition and if the finances were different I'd agree but a club of this size, with no parachute payments to supplement it cannot survive paying his wages.

Its a shame but Rovers and Venkys blew their multiple chances of surviving in the last 5 years and now it is time to cut our clot to fit our income. Remember signing players of Ronnie Hildersley's ilk? Well get used to it again that is where we are at!

Football careers come and go,

One of the things aimed at Alan Shearer is despite being one of the best Strikers this country has ever produced he only won one trophy.

Jordan Rhodes has scored more goals in the last 5 years than any other player in the English domestic leagues,

Some will argue that Championship and league 1 is easy and hes unproven beyond this, whilst he cant get a game for Scotland.

Since joining rovers, many of our own supporters have said he is not worth what we paid, he is not good enough, too many flaws to his game, snap peoples hands off if they are willing to pay x etc.

Truth is , he has given us 3 years , consistently scored goals which we as a team have failed to capitalise on by mounting a serious promotion challenge.

We are looking increasingly like a team who will never taste top flight football again.

We are a team from top to bottom run by novices.

For over a year , we've touted Rhodes around the league, which ultimately has seen teams bid, at high numbers, which proves he was worth what we paid. Teams dont just throw £12 million on the table for the sake of it.

Reading this very forum last season , i read a number of posters, stating he should be sold , he aint good enough etc.

Rhodes owes Rovers nothing, he wants to further his career and try and play top flight football. He believes at Middlesbrough he has a better chance than he does at Rovers.

I'm certainly not bitter towards him, As i cant blame him for wanting out. The future at Rovers is looking bleak. We are on a fast decline , heading downwards, as has been the case since Venkys arrived.

Be careful what you wish for, even now people think taking the money is the best idea , despite not being able to spend any of it, whilst the transfer embargo is unlikely to be lifted for a least a year.

You only need to look at what players are on trial, we've been linked with or have signed to see exactly the type of season we are going to have.

Anyone who can be pleased with this windows business in and out, seriously need their head testing

Football careers come and go,

One of the things aimed at Alan Shearer is despite being one of the best Strikers this country has ever produced he only won one trophy.

Jordan Rhodes has scored more goals in the last 5 years than any other player in the English domestic leagues,

Some will argue that Championship and league 1 is easy and hes unproven beyond this, whilst he cant get a game for Scotland.

Since joining rovers, many of our own supporters have said he is not worth what we paid, he is not good enough, too many flaws to his game, snap peoples hands off if they are willing to pay x etc.

Truth is , he has given us 3 years , consistently scored goals which we as a team have failed to capitalise on by mounting a serious promotion challenge.

We are looking increasingly like a team who will never taste top flight football again.

We are a team from top to bottom run by novices.

For over a year , we've touted Rhodes around the league, which ultimately has seen teams bid, at high numbers, which proves he was worth what we paid. Teams dont just throw £12 million on the table for the sake of it.

Reading this very forum last season , i read a number of posters, stating he should be sold , he aint good enough etc.

Rhodes owes Rovers nothing, he wants to further his career and try and play top flight football. He believes at Middlesbrough he has a better chance than he does at Rovers.

I'm certainly not bitter towards him, As i cant blame him for wanting out. The future at Rovers is looking bleak. We are on a fast decline , heading downwards, as has been the case since Venkys arrived.

Be careful what you wish for, even now people think taking the money is the best idea , despite not being able to spend any of it, whilst the transfer embargo is unlikely to be lifted for a least a year.

You only need to look at what players are on trial, we've been linked with or have signed to see exactly the type of season we are going to have.

Anyone who can be pleased with this windows business in and out, seriously need their head testing

and there's the rub. We are under an embargo and can't replace him except with the likes of Delfonsou. Rhodes knows this but still went running to the press and has essentially forced Rovers hand. He owes Rovers nothing but lets not pretend he's a Saint. He's looking after himself, like he did when he left Huddersfield.

Feck him. He runs like a girl. Up the Rovers. :)

Rhodes has shown remarkable restraint until last week. Yes, he is very well paid but a footballer's is a short career and we denied him the chance to play in the Premier League a year ago.

Whilst not mentioning Rhodes specifically, Saint Gary's post match interviews last season were virtually an advert for all our players.

One of the main reasons he makes me cringe and I don't subscribe to all the 'good guy' stuff.

no, you interpreted them as an 'advert for all our players'. Lots of managers praise their players.

Rhodes - remarkable restraint? Has he been playing in the stiffs, ostracised from the 1st team and been fined every week? Or has he signed an improved contract and then 12 months later wants to bugger off again. Saint Jordan may just be after an even bigger contract, which he'll probably get at Boro.

Jordan Rhodes (and the other signings we bought in the championship) has always been part of the problem. Paying 8 million for a championship striker on 40k a week is ludicrous. Paying Danny Murphy,Etuhu and the likes the same is ludicrous. We can't look at the accounts and despair at the debt and then turn a blind eye to what we have been paying/are paying players.

Jordan has scored goals for us. Lots of them. Do I want to sell him? No. We will be weaker without him and the players we replace him with will be inferior. This does not however change my opinion that we shouldn't have signed him in the first place. Good luck to him at Boro.

no, you interpreted them as an 'advert for all our players'. Lots of managers praise their players.

Rhodes - remarkable restraint? Has he been playing in the stiffs, ostracised from the 1st team and been fined every week? Or has he signed an improved contract and then 12 months later wants to bugger off again. Saint Jordan may just be after an even bigger contract, which he'll probably get at Boro.

No, I heard what Bowyer said quite clearly. No subtext or interpretation required, (eg's player values, talk of "who might be watching", etc etc). He has also said the same things to written media.

We know we're a selling club, always have been except at the pinnacle of the Jack Walker years, but Bowyer just takes it too far and you have to wonder why.

Rhodes was frequently dropped in favour of Chris Brown. Enough said.

The club is a shambles going in one direction only. Only natural a player approaching his peak years would want away.

If John Williams had a player on his books who's wage swallowed up the entire turnover on its own.....

Obviously he wouldn't have got into that situation in the first place.

It doesn't come close to doing that if you stop exaggerating for a moment though, does it? It's not even ten percent of it.

I'm here for as long as I'm wanted isn't restraint, it's an outright lie. Very disappointing from Jordan. If he'd just kept his mouth shut and waited, he'd have got his move, and not a single fan would have resented him for it.

Date Pos. Name From Fee Source

25 June 2012 MF England Danny Murphy England Fulham Free [11]

2 July 2012 FW Republic of Ireland Leon Best England Newcastle United £3,000,000 [12]

3 July 2012 FW Portugal Nuno Gomes Portugal Braga Free [13]

4 July 2012 MF Portugal Fabio Nunes Portugal Portimonense Undisclosed [14]

23 July 2012 MF Portugal Paulo Jorge Portugal Porto B Undisclosed [15]

23 July 2012 FW Portugal Edinho Júnior Portugal Olhanense Nominal fee [16]

3 August 2012 MF Nigeria Dickson Etuhu England Fulham £1,500,000[17] [18]

29 August 2012 FW Scotland Jordan Rhodes England Huddersfield Town £8,000,000 [19]

31 August 2012 MF Portugal Diogo Rosado Portugal Sporting Lisbon Free [20]

31 August 2012 DF Portugal Nuno Henrique Portugal Académica Nominal fee [20]

At least we'll get a fee from JR 👀

That's list is like a one for me, one for you between Keanout and Shabby Singh

Tapas anyone?

We've heard that Rovers need players of Rhodes calibre to go up and are showing lack of ambition and if the finances were different I'd agree but a club of this size, with no parachute payments to supplement it cannot survive paying his wages.

A club like Boro?

Jordan has scored goals for us. Lots of them. Do I want to sell him? No. We will be weaker without him and the players we replace him with will be inferior. This does not however change my opinion that we shouldn't have signed him in the first place. Good luck to him at Boro.

Really is a strange opinion though, when we are set to get almost every penny of his fee and wages back and he has banged in goals for three seasons.

Really is a strange opinion though, when we are set to get almost every penny of his fee and wages back and he has banged in goals for three seasons.

Spot on and surely we would have been relegated by now without him.

It doesn't come close to doing that if you stop exaggerating for a moment though, does it? It's not even ten percent of it.

I'm here for as long as I'm wanted isn't restraint, it's an outright lie. Very disappointing from Jordan. If he'd just kept his mouth shut and waited, he'd have got his move, and not a single fan would have resented him for it.

But, in all likelihood, there are factions at the club, (possibly the MD and manager), who are trying to sell him.

That does not make him a liar.

Everyone has a tipping point and had the matter been conducted in a professional way I'm sure Rhodes would've said nothing. By modern standards I was amazed he kept quiet after the Hull fiasco.

If a star player hears his manager advertising players in the media, (including since the embargo has been imposed), and then sees French 3rd Division players brought in, and taking everything into consideration, I think his response is natural.

The thing about all this talk of players leaving is that it undermines what Bowyer has been saying about team spirit in the camp.

Gestede wanting out and training on his own and with the kids, and being 'injured' when a first team game comes along.

Rhodes being touted out by the club to the highest bidder. Rumours that this is at the behest of the board and manager but not bought off by the owners - who have veto.

Interest in Marshall, and less likely Hanley. Conway and others must wonder what is going on. Hardly the noises evidencing a happy camp.

There also seems to be a lot of people who just think 'being positive' will mean we overcome all this and push on. If that were even remotely possible it would require an extremely canny man-manager of the ilk of Dyche, McCarthy and Holloway, who can generate very acute levels of siege mentality. On the basis of what he has done with the group so far, I think Bowyer has created a very pally and social group but not one that will fight to the death for three points - in part because the target is usually one.

Transfer 'business' this Summer has been awful and looks set to get worse.

But, in all likelihood, there are factions at the club, (possibly the MD and manager), who are trying to sell him.

That does not make him a liar.

Everyone has a tipping point and had the matter been conducted in a professional way I'm sure Rhodes would've said nothing. By modern standards I was amazed he kept quiet after the Hull fiasco.

If a star player hears his manager advertising players in the media, (including since the embargo has been imposed), and then sees French 3rd Division players brought in, and taking everything into consideration, I think his response is natural.

When people are trying to sell you, and you've decided you want to be sold...guess what? You don't need to do anything.

Archived