BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

Rhodes wanting out , just about shows how bad things are at rovers.

Idiot of an MD

A board who quite frankly have communicated zero for 12 months .

A manager who despite the players at his disposal, couldnt motivate a thing , tactically awful and selling Rhodes big pal at Ewood wouldnt have given the squad that remains much confidence.

Add to that the lunatics in Pune, who are 100% responsible for killing the club many of us use to know.

Gestede and Rhodes to go , zero transfer money to replace them, embargo likely until at least next summer too.

Could it get worse ?

You bet , Venkys aint finished in destroying Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It simply doesn't work like that anymore Al. In fact I can hardly remember when it did.

No reason why it shouldn't if the clubs have any guts. The contracts are legally enforceable.

Idiot of an MD

A manager who despite the players at his disposal, couldnt motivate a thing , tactically awful and selling Rhodes big pal at Ewood wouldnt have given the squad that remains much confidence.

Add to that the lunatics in Pune, who are 100% responsible for killing the club many of us use to know.

Gestede and Rhodes to go , zero transfer money to replace them, embargo likely until at least next summer too.

Could it get worse ?

It could get much much worse.

No reason why it shouldn't if the clubs have any guts. The contracts are legally enforceable.

A player who doesn't want to play is a liability. Also thinking with a long head if we dig our heels in too far who the hell would consider signing for us? Like it or not the best position we occupy now is as a stepping stone club.

Agree Gordon. It's either, he refuses to play, which is of no use to us, or we get as much money and pray we can stay up.

Let's not kid ourselves here, with an inept manager, a useless MD and even more useless owners, staying in the Championshop should be our biggest priority.

• Backroom

I thought Rhodes was annoyed at 'being denied the opportunity' to talk to Boro, not that he actually wanted to.

Subtle difference.

Shall I drop this straw?

By the way if you voted option 3 you are lying

If you care enough to be posting here you still care enough one way or another

I care for Rovers but it's an absolute circus at Ewood. This is just one of many things over the last five years that have made me grow a very thick skin and I genuinely am not surprised or bothered. I don't blame any player or supporter wanting out. Until normality, common sense decisions and qualified staff are eventually back in place, I simply can't invest true passion to the club like when I was younger.

I thought Rhodes was annoyed at 'being denied the opportunity' to talk to Boro, not that he actually wanted to.

Subtle difference.

Shall I drop this straw?

Would also be nice to know what context his statement was made? If asked leading questions then there is hope - if he released the statement directly without prompting then it is merely a question of waiting for the transfer request (saves us giving him 10% if his contract is somewhat standard for footballers)

Idiot of an MD

Could it get worse ?

thats why until Venkys leave things will only get worse with those in any type of power at Ewood , Bowyer included its all about self preservation as each and every one of em are over promoted beyond their wildest dreams ( hence they won't rock any boat )

In lehmanns terms:

You've an employee whilst your serving as a director/manager and the employee you value highly comes to you with wishes to leave to go to another company perhaps a rival to you. You either let him leave and give him your best wishes OR you counter offer him with reassurances etc.

Think outside of football and what Jordan has said draws many parallels with what goes on in everyday life.

In lehmanns terms:

You've an employee whilst your serving as a director/manager and the employee you value highly comes to you with wishes to leave to go to another company perhaps a rival to you. You either let him leave and give him your best wishes OR you counter offer him with reassurances etc.

Think outside of football and what Jordan has said draws many parallels with what goes on in everyday life.

Jens Lehmann told you that?

We can't afford to keep reassuring Rhodes with a new contract everytime he decides he's missing his uncle.

Ok maybe someone can clarify. I thought I'd read somewhere that under an embargo if you sold a player you could replace 75% of that persons wages. So if Rhodes is on 40k a week then we could pay upto 30k a week to a player?

Edit found this...

How the embargo works

Any embargo would be applied before the start of January Transfer window. Under the ban, a club could still players however they will only be able to sign a player if it is on a one a one-out, one in basis where both the following conditions apply:

The club has fewer than 24 registered players, and

The incoming player has wages of below 75% of the departing player.

In lehmanns terms:

Banking on it are you? ^_^

Ok maybe someone can clarify. I thought I'd read somewhere that under an embargo if you sold a player you could replace 75% of that persons wages. So if Rhodes is on 40k a week then we could pay upto 30k a week to a player?

Edit found this...

How the embargo works

Any embargo would be applied before the start of January Transfer window. Under the ban, a club could still players however they will only be able to sign a player if it is on a one a one-out, one in basis where both the following conditions apply:

Interesting that Imy. 75% below, so 15% of the total outgoing players wages. Right? Yes/No?

Edit found this...

How the embargo works

We still have squad places so I'm not sure this applies just yet.

I am pretty sure our wage limit per player whilst under the embargo is £10k a week. If Rhodes was leaving on a one-in one-out basis, the wages we'd be able to offer are 75% of his wages OR £10k pw, whichever is lowest. That's what's stipulated on the FFP site anyways.

Idiot of an MD

Could it get worse ?

Aside from the minor details of having no decent strikers and losing 40 goals without the means of replacing them, my main fear is this will start an exodus (if it hasn't already started!) We've still got some good players - Marshall, Conway, Kilgallon, Olsson, but can't see them wild about the clubs chances or ambition or any burning desire to stay if we let our two strikers go. Rats and a sinking ship spring to mind, as does up the creak without a boat, let alone a paddle,

Only way I can see this being salvaged is a new respected manager comes in, instills some confidence and persuades at least one of our strikers to stick around until at least January, if not the whole season.

It's been posted on here that he's under contract with us until 2019. If the is true, why the hell should he be given permission to talk to another rival club.

He would be better served concentrating on what he gets paid handsomely for.

My one worry is that Bowyer and Shaw seem intent on shifting him out. We need to wait until we are in a position to reinvest.

The one saving grace is that Venky's have shown in the past they are prepared to play hardball. Let's hope that's still their stance.

Be interesting to see what they say in the Telegraph tomorrow, I understood they were prepared to sell last week, Boro knew the required fee and Rhodes will have also known they were willing to let him go if that fee was met.

• Backroom

It's been posted on here that he's under contract with us until 2019. If the is true, why the hell should he be given permission to talk to another rival club.

He would be better served concentrating on what he gets paid handsomely for.

My one worry is that Bowyer and Shaw seem intent on shifting him out. We need to wait until we are in a position to reinvest.

The one saving grace is that Venky's have shown in the past they are prepared to play hardball. Let's hope that's still their stance.

You may have answered your own question here.

Maybe he's tired of being nudged out the door by the manager/MD and then having the owners take the opposite stance? It's not exactly a stable position to be in.

That and getting dropped in favour of Browny.

You may have answered your own question here.

Maybe he's tired of being nudged out the door by the manager/MD and then having the owners take the opposite stance? It's not exactly a stable position to be in.

That and getting dropped in favour of Browny.

And that's exactly why the rumour of GB walking if Rhodes/Gestede are sold is absolute bunkum.

Archived