BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ludicrous comment.

Ludicrous lol so you'd rather have Venky's in charge with FFP good old gazza instead of a proper owner who cares about the club along with a manager who on his CV was mourinhios right hand man give me a pint of what you've just had

You've misread that. He meant he doesn't think bowyer is on the take. Why is my script tiny?

The joy of predicted text on the phone . Think the majority of us today are furious at the farcical situation within the club if I was in Bowyer's position I'd be considering my position if we lose both strikers

You've misread that. He meant he doesn't think bowyer is on the take. Why is my script tiny?

Doesn't necessarily mean he's on the take though. Could just be they are on % in their contracts when players leave, quite common in football. Hence the seeming keenness to flog Rhodes and constantly plonk others in the shop window that Bowyer and co have.

Doesn't necessarily mean he's on the take though. Could just be they are on % in their contracts when players leave, quite common in football. Hence the seeming keenness to flog Rhodes and constantly plonk others in the shop window that Bowyer and co have.

It doesn't help, that Bowyer hasn't even tried to say " no comment" when asked about our players

Jordan aint the type to kick up a fuss, hes more likely to accept he at the moment is going nowhere. We all would like to talk to new employers but if the boss says no then you get back on with your work until you have the next opportunity.

Got to question his level of ambition, OneBoro seems to have changed recently with all there fans critiquing our club, it wasn't long ago they were in a similar selling club scenario and now there fans seem to be wrapped up in a bubble off superiority.

Always likened them to Sunderland fans (Who Are Smashing Lads) but Middlesborough recently seem to be coming across very Newcastle ish which was maybe set by the tine of the clubs professionalism over this affair.

• Backroom

By the way if you voted option 3 you are lying

If you care enough to be posting here you still care enough one way or another

With Rhodes and Gestede we will tread water next season. Without them we will drown. The thought of Chris Brown being our main striker fills me with absolute dread.

Operation Kill BRFC will be almost complete then thanks to some lunatic Indians.

This should come as no surprise to anyone really.

The way the club messed Rhodes around last season was disgusting, amateurish at best and yet Rhodes being the professional he is just sucked it up and got on with it, rare in today's football.

As a few predicted, we're probably going to lose both Gestede and Rhodes before the season starts, you can bet Marshall isn't happy at the possibility of losing those 2 either.

The time to protest is coming, we want our club back. It's NOT going to get any better under those idiots from Pune.

What do you mean by that Gav?

I'd take 3rd division now if it means getting rid of those idiots.

It'll be 3rd Div with them like as not next year, and oblivion without them. Take your pick.

Anyway playing Devil's Advocate somewhat have you forgotten that the Venkymob signed Rhodes in the first place and only Mrs D's intervention prevented him going to Hull last season?

By the way if you voted option 3 you are lying

If you care enough to be posting here you still care enough one way or another

Sadly an increasing number of people are feeling that way though. Selling isn't a good idea at all but they faffed him about, his career is in limbo whilst he stays here along with our club. Just another stupid situation they have created, there's no decent answer to this one as I fear it'll end in tears whichever way it goes. We don't want a Best situation developing with Rhodes and I'm pretty certain him and Bowyer aren't the best of pals.

Jordan aint the type to kick up a fuss, hes more likely to accept he at the moment is going nowhere. We all would like to talk to new employers but if the boss says no then you get back on with your work until you have the next opportunity.

Got to question his level of ambition, OneBoro seems to have changed recently with all there fans critiquing our club, it wasn't long ago they were in a similar selling club scenario and now there fans seem to be wrapped up in a bubble off superiority.

Always likened them to Sunderland fans (Who Are Smashing Lads) but Middlesborough recently seem to be coming across very Newcastle ish which was maybe set by the tine of the clubs professionalism over this affair.

Rhodes wants to play Premier League football and whilst it's not going to be easy for Boro to get there I don't think anyone 'hand on heart' thinks Rovers are more likely than Boro to achieve that.

Absolute Bunkum JH.

The way he was treated last season was an absolute disgrace, he should have put a transfer request in after the Hull debacle, but what did he do? played the day after and scored I believe.

I have absolutely no problem with Rhodes going to the media, dealing with Shaw and Venkys, a bunch of amateurs, forces his hand, contract or no contract. Don't forget, Shaw sold him last season to Hull, only for that fat idiot in Pune to change his mind.

Now you really are confusing me. Make your mind up Gav. You wanted to keep Rhodes and the venkys intervened and prevented him leaving. What's your gripe?

Anyway just a thought because I don't know the details but have you thought that Shaw might have been trying to offload our big earners in order to keep us out of the FFP embargo? Maybe if we'd have managed to bin off Best, Robinson, Rhodes, Orr, Etohu et al off sooner that might have been achieved.

• Backroom

Anyway playing Devil's Advocate somewhat have you forgotten that the Venkymob signed Rhodes in the first place and only Mrs D's intervention prevented him going to Hull last season?

Unfortunately they also overpaid massively for him and gave him an insane wage for this division, so even that positive is tainted with a negative which is part of the reason we're under an embargo now.

It'll be 3rd Div with them like as not next year, and oblivion without them. Take your pick.

It would appear to be different this time though, Rhodes is publically asking to speak to a club that wants him

Rhodes wants to play Premier League football and whilst it's not going to be easy for Boro to get there I don't think anyone 'hand on heart' thinks Rovers are more likely than Boro to achieve that.

Top five in Prem and in Europe in 5 years wasn't it , still 4 months to go yet , keep the faith :)

Its still intriguing that NO PREMIERSHIP club are in for me, that tells a story. Even the lesser lights are not even sniffing.

Boro are sniffing around hedging their bets on him firing them up and I am not too sure that will happen anyway, they were even more inconsistent than Rovers at times and relied heavily on Bamford.

£5m on downing, £14m on Rhodes only sees them heading footlong into an embargo because I still don't rate them as favourites.

Rovers have always been a selling club and will forever be until we get a second coming of an Uncle Jack type figure

It needs to be explained to Rhodes that to lose him for whatever amount of money means he cannot be replaced. Losing both him and Rudy would mean almost certain relegation. They are both under contract and need to be professional about it and realise that the club must put itself first. The two don't play well together and one probably needs to be sold to reduce the loss. Rudy is the more likely to sulk and Rhodes more likely to be professional. So he would be my favourite to go.

Lets be realistic. It is said that Rhodes has been loyal to Rovers but lets not forget in the past he has been linked with a move away he has come out with a pay rise or an extended contract. We are in no position to do this anymore so it comes as no surprise that he has come and said what he is said. The days of loyalty to clubs has long since departed.

As Boro's bid was rejected and the excuse of being in the same division given, then Rovers hand was played. The final play had to be the player's. He has played it, he has no reason to show Rovers any loyalty just like he did to Huddersfield.

What the hell are you doing talking common sense on here? Nobody wants to hear that sort of stuff when we are all having a good old moan.

He's getting a lot of grief here but I'm not sure it's really deserved.

He's been on the end of a lot of speculation for about 3 transfer windows now and each time has never uttered a word about wanting to leave or being disappointed with the club. Now perhaps (and moreover his agent would advise him) he feels that he needs to force the issue a little bit. Outside looking in it looks like Venkys are happy to reject every bid that comes their way - He's done 3 years with us, scored a lot of goals and the club aren't moving in the right direction.

Hands up those who would choose to stay on this sinking ship? And forget our undying loyalty.

£12m is a good price - sadly we won't be able to spend it though. Be a long old season this.

Question: How come Boro can splash this cash without FFP getting hold of them? I assume it'll be in the region of £12m and almost £60,000 p/w wages. Are they just winging it to try to get to the Prem and settle with TV cash, and therefore could it leave them in a mess this time next season?

I hope so.

Archived