BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

It could also be a little bit of sensationalism in the media and JR may not have actually uttered those words....

No matter what BRFC still stands even after selling JR and RG, hard to stomach but that is the way it is and we have to accept it, as unpalatable as it is.

Personally, I am pretty much as miffed as anyone else, its not exactly the same as when Shearer left as we still had Sutton and an owner who cared. This time it really does emphasise just how much the keanscum era has come back to bite this club and more sadly, its truly suffering supporters.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhodes must hope that his Uncle gets a gig at Real Madrid ala Clement, because if he did he sure as sh!t would be in for Jordan. Seems like he can twist any managers arm to come in for his nephew.

On a sidenote, some form of statement from the club would be good. No doubt it will be left to Bayes/Wheelock to pussyfoot around the subject with Gaz after the game tonight.

Its still intriguing that NO PREMIERSHIP club are in for me, that tells a story. Even the lesser lights are not even sniffing.

Boro are sniffing around hedging their bets on him firing them up and I am not too sure that will happen anyway, they were even more inconsistent than Rovers at times and relied heavily on Bamford.

£5m on downing, £14m on Rhodes only sees them heading footlong into an embargo because I still don't rate them as favourites.

Rovers have always been a selling club and will forever be until we get a second coming of an Uncle Jack type figure

As the Preston Para says eh Roverite...good times ahead.

Pfftt :glare:

Who remembers practically sending them down when they got docked points for not turning up :lol: :lol:

Yeah well funny that. I particularly liked the fact that if Robson hadn't turned chicken and assumed that Boro could twist the rules to suit themselves like his old club Man Utd, and they had actually turned up in December we could have beaten them by 5 goals and they'd still have stayed up. :rover:

btw gumboots..... is he one of your old muckers? No wonder you headed South West. :tu:

Boro will also have an embargo to look forward to pretty soon so if they fail to go up they'll be slashing things back again. Gibson turned the taps off before and cut things back hence they ended up where they are. He'll do it again if it fails and if they miss out next season plenty will be laughing at them again !

Yes they will have an embargo to look forward to Tom IF they dont go up .But no need to slash back at all.

Look at the bigger picture. Boro are spending big getting good players in NOW on contracts of probably 3-4 years. This isnt about building a squad for one season,this is about having a squad that if kept together will have two maybe three good attempts at getting out of the Championship even under an embargo.

I think its a long term plan and one that Rovers should have followed suit .Instead we pussy footed around for two seasons and didnt even make the play offs.

If Boro get together a very good squad now costing millions on contracts of 3-4 years and keep them together 2-3 seasons then a transfer embargo wont worry them in the slightest. Fail in those attempts and they ll be joining the club ..thats if FFP still exists in 3 seasons time.

He Who Dares...

Ludicrous lol so you'd rather have Venky's in charge with FFP good old gazza instead of a proper owner who cares about the club along with a manager who on his CV was mourinhios right hand man give me a pint of what you've just had

All these venky haters........... Have you ever stopped to consider that we are in the mess we are simply because the venkys have thrown ludicrous amounts of money at the club? Just a shame for all that they have picked bad managers and believed the silver tongues of crooked advisors.

Just think what Hughes (and to a lesser extent Big sam) could have achieved with that amount of money!

All these venky haters........... Have you ever stopped to consider that we are in the mess we are simply because the venkys have thrown ludicrous amounts of money at the club? Just a shame for all that they have picked bad managers and believed the silver tongues of crooked advisors.

Just think what Hughes (and to a lesser extent Big sam) could have achieved with that amount of money!

There's nothing stopping them correcting that situation, or is there !

One thing is for sure. Rhodes stating in as many words that he is unhappy with the direction the club is taking will certainly not drive the price up

Nor will it help us lure in new players in already difficult circumstances.

I'm very sceptical about the accuracy of those quotes. Rhodes has genuine respect for the Rovers fans so I'm surprised he has come out and said he wants to speak to Boro. This is particularly surprising given that came out only a few months ago and said he's happy here as long as we want him. Something is not right. He is too much of a gent and pro to go to the press like this.

I suspect we may get some clarity later.

Does this guy think you get promoted purely on who you sign at the start of the season? Bless him.

Indeed. We've had JR for 3 years now and have hardly had even a sniff at it.

However (accepting that they have already signed Downing) given that they are effectively attempting to replace Patrick Bamford with Jordan Rhodes I believe they will be the worse for it.

All these venky haters........... Have you ever stopped to consider that we are in the mess we are simply because the venkys have thrown ludicrous amounts of money at the club?

!

Right I've read enough of you're ramblings, criticising anyone and everyone but the real culprits - Venkys!

You've done an about turn faster than anyone in message board history, you stated on here you'd not go again until Venkys left the club, now you're firmly in their bloody corner!

Unbelievable Gordon, you've more front than Blackpool!

It needs to be explained to Rhodes that to lose him for whatever amount of money means he cannot be replaced. Losing both him and Rudy would mean almost certain relegation. They are both under contract and need to be professional about it and realise that the club must put itself first. The two don't play well together and one probably needs to be sold to reduce the loss. Rudy is the more likely to sulk and Rhodes more likely to be professional. So he would be my favourite to go.

It simply doesn't work like that anymore Al. In fact I can hardly remember when it did.

Yes they will have an embargo to look forward to Tom IF they dont go up .But no need to slash back at all.

Look at the bigger picture. Boro are spending big getting good players in NOW on contracts of probably 3-4 years. This isnt about building a squad for one season,this is about having a squad that if kept together will have two maybe three good attempts at getting out of the Championship even under an embargo.

I think its a long term plan and one that Rovers should have followed suit .Instead we pussy footed around for two seasons and didnt even make the play offs.

If Boro get together a very good squad now costing millions on contracts of 3-4 years and keep them together 2-3 seasons then a transfer embargo wont worry them in the slightest. Fail in those attempts and they ll be joining the club ..thats if FFP still exists in 3 seasons time.

He Who Dares...

:rolleyes: It's known as a SOB plan..... sh1t or bust.

He Who Dares...

shackell has gone mr dingle

There's nothing stopping them correcting that situation, or is there !

Should that be a question mark?

Anyway the obvious stumbling block is FFP.

Right I've read enough of you're ramblings, criticising anyone and everyone but the real culprits - Venkys!

You've done an about turn faster than anyone in message board history, you stated on here you'd not go again until Venkys left the club, now you're firmly in their bloody corner!

You might have attempted to answer the question Gav.

It simply doesn't work like that anymore Al. In fact I can hardly remember when it did.

:rolleyes: It's known as a SOB plan..... sh1t or bust.

Yes it is Gordon ..but not nailed down to one season.

Boro are playing the game .

Calculated risk ? ..maybe ...FFP allowed losses to increase too.

And with QPR challenging it ..may not even exist.

Build a squad for two or three seasons and what will be will be..

Meanwhile ..back at Ewood..we played for tenth ..hurrah!

Personally, could be wrong as I don't know Theno from Adam(Rochina) think he enjoys appearing to have the opposite opinion just to 1 - wind people up to amuse himself and 2 - try and test his debating skills. I'm sure asked privately over a couple of pints his actual opinion would be very similar to many on here and closer to the opinion you mention above.

For the record, I think we are reliant on these chicken &$%&£$% for the foreseeable future and need them to keep pumping in money until we either get an unlikely promotion or relegation and administration. My money, unfortunately, is on the latter.

Meanwhile ..back at Ewood..we played for 20th ..hurrah!

Fixed..

shackell has gone mr dingle

Sighs ...Mr.Shouty Man from the back..cant see you ...

Just to let you know ive followed the Rovers for 35 years now man and boy.

Proud to be a Blue...

And share a drink with Stevie B now n again too.. ..so

Knock it on the head now please ?

Thats a good lil lad .. thank you

Thanks. Saved me saying it.

C'mon Gordon, spill. What exactly happened to you at the OBN do?

Should that be a question mark?

Anyway the obvious stumbling block is FFP.

You might have attempted to answer the question Gav.

Does FFP apply to managers ?

I think the ! was more apt

Archived