BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Losing Gestede and Rhodes "might" cost us our championship place, then again if we drop on a couple of quality loans, it might not.

Unfortunately Bowyer's record when it comes to loans doesn't make for great reading. We might get a slight upgrade on Browny but I wouldn't expect anybody who can notch more than 10 goals in a season.

HaHaHA, probably a good chance the deal won't happen then.

Serioulsy though - 1. Can't see them even wanting to speak to him and 2. If they did I think it would put Gibson off trying to do a deal.

I think it's disrespectful to try to contact the owners directly... Venkys have said no, they have passed their instructions onto the management team at rovers and they have reiterated that in to press today.

To then try and contact the owners directly would infuriate me if I was one of the Venkys.

The red top chubby funster reporting on twitter that Steve Gibson going to ring Venky's direct to sort the Rhodes saga out

Now that's funny, good luck with that Steve.

Obviously doesn't trust the shelf seller.

Unfortunately Bowyer's record when it comes to loans doesn't make for great reading. We might get a slight upgrade on Browny but I wouldn't expect anybody who can notch more than 10 goals in a season.

Yes so one of 3 things needs to happen:

1 GB gets good at loans

2 GB gets good at free transfers

3 GB gets us more resilient defensively.

None likely on gis past record. We're goosed.

I said it earlier in the summer but Venkys chaotic way of doing business might just mean that deals for rhodes/Rudy collapse.

Steve Gibson has called them the worst people he has ever tried to do business with.

No chance that they will answer his calls to Pune.

We need an Archibald and Ardiles moment. We were in this division then weren't we - where's Don McKay, is he still alive? Maybe Gary should go chat with him.

From the LT

A poll on the Lancashire Telegraph website yesterday showed that 69 per cent of 1,908 voters were in favour of selling Rhodes after his statement.

69% of 1908 according the the LT??

I've got to say either this figure has been manipulated or the 69% don't understand the term ' transfer embargo'

It's full of dingles and venky lovers .just like the sorry exude of s paper it has become

I think it's disrespectful to try to contact the owners directly... Venkys have said no, they have passed their instructions onto the management team at rovers and they have reiterated that in to press today.

To then try and contact the owners directly would infuriate me if I was one of the Venkys.

I'm sure we did the same to Huddersfield when they said no multiple times, is it one rule for one and one rule for another?

• Backroom

We need an Archibald and Ardiles moment. We were in this division then weren't we - where's Don McKay, is he still alive? Maybe Gary should go chat with him.

He might as well, seeing as Venky's apparently won't talk to him.

Alan Nixon is reporting that Rhodes and Gibson want to speak to The Rovers owners directly.

Good luck with that.

A long line of people with Rovers best interests at heart have wanted to speak to the owners, but the ignorant swines haven't returned calls or emails.

If some smoggy manages to get through to them I for one will be bloody fuming.

Alan Nixon is reporting that Rhodes and Gibson want to speak to The Rovers owners directly.

So do a lot of other people and probably most on this Message board - we all have the same chance - no chance and no f'ing chance. Thanks anyway for the info - I needed a bloody good cheer up and that got me laughing.

I can't actually imagine the Queen of Pune taking phone calls from anyone never-mind one of her low-ranked UK employee's like Jordan. Would she take a call from one of her employee's on the Chicken killing machine, I think not.

Degsy packing away his napkin and dinner invites for the time being

Rovers owners Still determined to Keep wantaway striker

Well thank god the owners are at least trying to make a bit of a stand. You can almost sniff the disappointment in Bowyer's and Shaw's statements.

"We'll work with him until he isn't here" (Bowyer)

If anything changes we'll let people know" (Shaw)

What an absolute disgrace. Sack the pair of them.

I said it earlier in the summer but Venkys chaotic way of doing business might just mean that deals for rhodes/Rudy collapse.

Steve Gibson has called them the worst people he has ever tried to do business with.

No chance that they will answer his calls to Pune.

He might use his brain and say he's Mel Gibson, Balaji will be on the phone in a shot knowing his love of celebs

Well thank god the owners are at least trying to make a bit of a stand. You can almost sniff the disappointment in Bowyer's and Shaw's statements.

"We'll work with him until he isn't here"

"I can only work with what the owners tell me and they tell me its been rejected" (Bowyer - sounds like he's about to burst into tears at that point)

If anything changes we'll let people know" (Shaw)

What an absolute disgrace. Sack the pair of them.

Revidge is spot on with his comment about Shaw and Bowyer. If Venkys did get rid of the current management team and CEO and replaced them with competent people, then the likes of Rhodes wouldn't want away.

I'm sure we did the same to Huddersfield when they said no multiple times, is it one rule for one and one rule for another?

I mean I am happy to be corrected but surely we didn't go straight to the chairman and make an offer?

Did we?

LT poll lol what a load of utter crap that is. Every Boro site I briefly browsed was encouraging people to go on there and vote. Would imagine Dingles the same. Pointless and no real reflection, as if 60 odd percent would say sell when nearly everywhere else you look people are screaming nooo !

I mean I am happy to be corrected but surely we didn't go straight to the chairman and make an offer?

Did we?

Probably, because Hoyle is a hands on Chairman and owner.

Archived