BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

LT poll lol what a load of utter crap that is. Every Boro site I briefly browsed was encouraging people to go on there and vote. Would imagine Dingles the same. Pointless and no real reflection, as if 60 odd percent would say sell when nearly everywhere else you look people are screaming nooo !

Those polls are bullshite anyway... But the fact chris Flanagan referred to it in his article... Like some sort of justification and acceptance for Rhodes to go!

"It's ok Venkys, all the rovers fans want you to cash in... look 60%! *whilst his stubby little finger smudges the ink of his worthless article*

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

90 votes on a dedicated fan site and 10% think the same. Rather silly though whomever thought of that third option which is distorting the results of the poll. Am'o?

Not guilty, m'lord. Although that's what I voted for.

I said it earlier in the summer but Venkys chaotic way of doing business might just mean that deals for rhodes/Rudy collapse.

Steve Gibson has called them the worst people he has ever tried to do business with.

No chance that they will answer his calls to Pune.

To be fair, if the V's don't want to sell Rhodes, then they're under no obligation whatsoever to speak to Gibson. He's our player and he's under contract to us until 2019. Just as if they don't want to sell the Club they're under no obligation to speak to anyone in that respect either.

**** Boro, Gibson, and their miserable "We'll pay you on the never never with a large chunk of it if we get promoted" offer for Rhodes.

Same applies to Watford or anyone else trying to get Gestede on the cheap.

Another LT article quoting the mythical 69%

Rhodes as their jewel in the crown and fear a backlash from supporters if he was sold, although 69 per cent of voters in a poll on the Lancashire Telegraph website yesterday suggested that the best solution might be to allow the forward to leave.

Wonder how many more articles it'll appear on.

Revidge is spot on with his comment about Shaw and Bowyer. If Venkys did get rid of the current management team and CEO and replaced them with competent people, then the likes of Rhodes wouldn't want away.

I think also that Rhodes has had a look at the quality of the incoming players and trialists and thought WTF is going on.

It is a bit of a nerve from Gibson though when he's been told put your 12 million on the table and you might get your foot in the door. Shades of the Jones to Utd deal here when the Queen of Pune got on the case allegedly. Be interesting to see the outcome.

Gibson ringing either Ewood or Faulty Towers (Pune) Ltd :-

Hello, hello, is anyone there?

I am sorry we can't be with you at the moment but your call is important to us so please continue holding until one of our clowns is free.

(A few minutes later, a series of clicks and clunks, then....)

For the lies and deceit department, press 1

For the shaft the fans department, press 2

For the chicken department, press 3

For the shelving department, press 4

We don't have a football department. You can press 5 all you want, no one will answer so f&@" off!

I am sorry we can't be with you at the moment but your call is important to us so please continue holding until one of our clowns is free.

We don't have a football department. You can press 5 all you want, no one will answer so f&@" off!

:lol:

That's just made me laugh out loud, press 5!

It's full of dingles and venky lovers .just like the sorry exude of s paper it has become

Maybe Probably the work of Myers Sicknote (and Shaw Shaw)

Alan Nixon is reporting that Rhodes and Gibson want to speak to The Rovers owners directly.

Nixon is a @#/?

Well thank god the owners are at least trying to make a bit of a stand. You can almost sniff the disappointment in Bowyer's and Shaw's statements.

"We'll work with him until he isn't here" (Bowyer)

If anything changes we'll let people know" (Shaw)

What an absolute disgrace. Sack the pair of them.

JR said he was upset he could not talk to them, sounds final to me that he won't be talking to them. Maybe the point he is making is that he is unhappy with Shaw Shaw and Sicknote, probably more than GB, as they seem to be not doing their jobs.

To be fair, if the V's don't want to sell Rhodes, then they're under no obligation whatsoever to speak to Gibson. He's our player and he's under contract to us until 2019. Just as if they don't want to sell the Club they're under no obligation to speak to anyone in that respect either.

**** Boro, Gibson, and their miserable "We'll pay you on the never never with a large chunk of it if we get promoted" offer for Rhodes.

Same applies to Watford or anyone else trying to get Gestede on the cheap.

Madam has made a stance, why is Shaw Shaw and Sicknote not shouting from the roof tops we have no intention of selling our best players as we want to make progress, the attraction of the % selling fee to much for some people perhaps !

I think also that Rhodes has had a look at the quality of the incoming players and trialists and thought WTF is going on.

More like the quality of the buffoons in charge at Ewood, I don't think he really wants to leave. It's about time Madam bit the bullet and potted Shaw Shaw and Sicknote.

And who do we play up front? Whilst I agree that keeping players who are not happy is probably counter productive we are royally stuck if we loDr gestede, King and rhodes in the same window

Altered it for you gumboots.

The red top chubby funster reporting on twitter that Steve Gibson going to ring Venky's direct to sort the Rhodes saga out

After observing them albeit from a distance for the past 5 years I doubt they will even pick up the phone to Gibson.

I said it earlier in the summer but Venkys chaotic way of doing business might just mean that deals for rhodes/Rudy collapse.

Steve Gibson has called them the worst people he has ever tried to do business with.

No chance that they will answer his calls to Pune.

Good. Sounds very similar to what Steve Bruce said last year. So the venkys are not all bad are they?

Alan Nixon is reporting that Rhodes and Gibson want to speak to The Rovers owners directly.

:lol: This gets funnier. Very bad form by those two running to the press, some people have no class have they? They do appear very willing to show themselves up though. The more people pressure the venkys the more they dig their heels in.

The club has been touting Rhodes around the Premiership for the past 2 seasons, the club and fans shouldn't be surprised when someone take us up on the offer or Rhodes gets p1ssed off at the continued uncertainty and goes to the press.

Loyalty works both ways, we've shown Rhodes very little, he owes us nothing.

"We'll work with him until he isn't here" (Bowyer)

If anything changes we'll let people know" (Shaw)

What an absolute disgrace. Sack the pair of them.

Harsh. Why shoot the messengers? They are only hired hands remember and any decision is not down to them. What would you say if you were in their position and somebody stuck a mike under your nose?

The club Shaw Shaw has been touting Rhodes around the Premiership for the past 2 seasons, the club and fans shouldn't be surprised when someone take us up on the offer or Rhodes gets p1ssed off at the continued uncertainty and goes to the press.

Revidge is spot on with his comment about Shaw and Bowyer. If Venkys did get rid of the current management team and CEO and replaced them with competent people, then the likes of Rhodes wouldn't want away.

Rubbish. We've lost plenty of players when KMD, Hodgson, Souness, Hughes and Allardyce were here.

• Backroom

Good. Sounds very similar to what Steve Bruce said last year. So the venkys are not all bad are they?

Didn't work out so well when they dug their heels in with Samba, only to sell him outside of the English transfer window, meaning we couldn't get in any replacement.

The club has been touting Rhodes around the Premiership for the past 2 seasons, the club and fans shouldn't be surprised when someone take us up on the offer or Rhodes gets p1ssed off at the continued uncertainty and goes to the press.

What are you on gav? If what I've read is kosher he's on a contract paying much more money than he is worth (imo) till 2019! How much loyalty does he need?

What are you on gav? If what I've read is kosher he's on a contract paying much more money than he is worth (imo) till 2019! How much loyalty does he need?

You're becoming the sites chief Venky apologist, it doesn't suit you Gordon.

As for Rhodes, It's not all about money.

Shaw had practically sold him to Hull last season only for your mate Balaji to pull the deal at the last minute.

They've said numerous times that every player has his price, Jordon is no different, not 'he's not for sale at any price'

He's been treated like sh1t and wants to leave, I don't blame him.

You're becoming the sites chief Venky apologist, it doesn't suit you Gordon.

As for Rhodes, It's not all about money.

Shaw had practically sold him to Hull last season only for your mate Balaji to pull the deal at the last minute.

They've said numerous times that every player has his price, Jordon is no different, not 'he's not for sale at any price'

He's been treated like sh1t and wants to leave, I don't blame him.

Well if that's being treated like sh11t, I would take it every day of the year!

Archived