BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The New Season Is Looming..

So...after possibly ten days of nothing but bad news (Yes Abbey ..i know we ve had five years of nothing but bad news ..sighs) and immediate things are not looking much better if not worse..

How has that influenced your thoughts in regards to attending Ewood this season?

Season tickets have been sent out to those that have renewed their original seats yet others are struggling to actually buy one at the present moment due to either technical problems or Rovers ineptitude.

Are people still of the same thought process of possibly 4-5 years ago .. its .. Line Venkys pockets with season ticket money Versus ..Support the team rather than the club? Back to terrace turmoil ...fan versus fan ?

Has the last ten days or so swayed your way of thinking ..??

• Backroom

Bizarrely I'm looking forward to it all starting again.

It's going to be a long struggle of a season in all likelyhoods but some of the trialists look raw and exciting if they sign up.

That said when I did finally decide to renew my ticket last week I have been prevented from doing so twice by the club so as of now I haven't got a season ticket and if I don't get it sorted in the next couple of days won't be buying one at all.

I've renewed (must get the steering checked on my car)

However as seasons go , i'm really struggling to get the appetite for it .

Was asked yesterday if I fancied dusting my boots off and playing amateur football again, which im in two minds about doing.

Whilst her indoors would like an addition to the family.

I've just aquired a stake in another business which will take a lot of my time also

So as things stand , the thoughts of Ewood are rapidly going down my list of priorities

Course I've renewed and really looking forward to it. I got my season ticket again following seeing the successful advertising slogan

"Buy a season ticket for this season, you never know it may be the last!"

Nobody else saw that, must be me then? 😄

Bizarrely I'm looking forward to it all starting again.

It's going to be a long struggle of a season in all likelyhoods but some of the trialists look raw and exciting if they sign up.

That said when I did finally decide to renew my ticket last week I have been prevented from doing so twice by the club so as of now I haven't got a season ticket and if I don't get it sorted in the next couple of days won't be buying one at all.

I am with you - don't know why but looking forward to the new season. Get the feeling we will either crash and burn or surprise a lot of people. Though the big money would go on the former - just have a strange feeling that our youngsters and trialists will help provide a few shocks this year.

I've renewed (must get the steering checked on my car)

However as seasons go , i'm really struggling to get the appetite for it .

Was asked yesterday if I fancied dusting my boots off and playing amateur football again, which im in two minds about doing.

Whilst her indoors would like an addition to the family.

I've just aquired a stake in another business which will take a lot of my time also

So as things stand , the thoughts of Ewood are rapidly going down my list of priorities

You might want to dust off your boots - it could be Rovers you'll be turning out for at this rate!

I'm ready for some football now so it can't come fast enough for me but I've conditioned myself to expect nothing. I know what to expect from the manager anyway, same old same whatever playing resources are available to him. To be honest I'm more looking forward to watching the U21's although it's a ballache legging it to Leigh for 7pm on Mondays !

I have renewed my Season Ticket for this coming season and they were no doubt that I wasn't going to renew

looking forward to the season starting now.

If anyone else wrote this I'd assume they were taking the plss.

Not looking forward to it. Dont think the managers good enough, don't think players are good enough and could be a lot worse if lose best players, owners still @#/? ups, board room incompetent. Don't see any reason to be positive about the new season.

That said things I still love about going rovers away atmosphere, see my mates, weekend benders away. Unless I've got something better to do (and that'll be a broad spectrum) I'll do as many away games as possible. As for home games forget it not interested. In terms of value for money I'd rather spend £200+ on the crack away than £20 slumped in the morgue that is currently Ewood watching awful football while being told we're in a playoff push.

Going to Ewood holds a lot of happy memories for me of being with mates etc so I have renewed again and am looking forward to spending time with the lads I grew up with and having a few beers.

Love the feeling of being around Ewood and enjoy watching live football (whether that be amateur level or pro).

Had high expectations for last year and we were so frustrating to watch at times and fell well short...

This year I'm going along with no expectations other than wanting to see a squad that is a little wiser to the ways of the championship and works much harder than we saw last season.

Hoping Bowyer has learnt something as well...

Opening day can't come soon enough for me, making a day of it and heading to the boozer before and after the game!

• Backroom

I actually don't see the problem with 'burying your head in the sand' to an extent

If you aren't going to protest anyway why not go with hopes of enjoying it?

I'm as guilty as anyone for being negative at times (read: all the time) but if I renew I'm hoping to go with a positive outlook (hoping is the key word), it won't change the fact we may be heading to an extremely sticky situation but dreading everything isn't going to help either!

I'm ready for some football now so it can't come fast enough for me but I've conditioned myself to expect nothing. I know what to expect from the manager anyway, same old same whatever playing resources are available to him. To be honest I'm more looking forward to watching the U21's although it's a ballache legging it to Leigh for 7pm on Mondays !

Same as you Tomphil .I love the football Season and always there is a sense of renewed hope at this time of year-except this one. I am actually quite scared that the harsh reality could set in quite quickly this season and the thought of the Burnley and Preston games fills me with dread TBH so ill prepared are we.

It looks a complete and utter shambles at pretty much every level within the Club and now it has spread to the feckin ticket office you really do despair.

Anyway, it will be what it will be

Back up nearer to "home" and closer to Ewood again. The window has been nothing of a shocker to me and certainly doesn't affect my support for the club I've always loved. Bring it on might not be the right words, but looking forward to seeing us back in action and going to match-days again. :brfc:

Archived