BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Championship France 2016

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched the last 20 of Sweden-Denmark. It finished 2-1 to Sweden.

2 ex-Rovers playing at opposite full back. Olsson and Jacobsen.

I liked Jacobsen, unfortunately we were collecting right backs at the time and he never got a good run in the team. He'd have been great for us now. Who is he playing for at club level ?

Just seen that lingard who was on loan at bham and scored for United at the weekend is now in the England squad. @#/? joke 5 prem games 1 goal you're in son. He may be the next pele (doubt it) but these days to get in the England squad all you need is a head, 2 arms and 2 legs.

Roy just gives caps away has played some pretty rank average players: Ings, dele alli, Ryan mason, chambers, Delph, Flanagan, Martin Kelly, cleverley, ruddy, Livermore, jonjo bloody shelvey, caulker, Osman, Carl jenkinson, lambert, Townsend, Forster, Rodriguez. Even likes of Shaw, lallana, vardy, Clyne, Bertrand, Barkley aren't the finished product. Bet a lot of England fans won't have heard of all of those.

Just seen that lingard who was on loan at bham and scored for United at the weekend is now in the England squad. @#/? joke 5 prem games 1 goal you're in son. He may be the next pele (doubt it) but these days to get in the England squad all you need is a head, 2 arms and 2 legs.

Roy just gives caps away has played some pretty rank average players: Ings, dele alli, Ryan mason, chambers, Delph, Flanagan, Martin Kelly, cleverley, ruddy, Livermore, jonjo bloody shelvey, caulker, Osman, Carl jenkinson, lambert, Townsend, Forster, Rodriguez. Even likes of Shaw, lallana, vardy, Clyne, Bertrand, Barkley aren't the finished product. Bet a lot of England fans won't have heard of all of those.

If he picked the same players all the time he'd be accused of running an old boys club set up..

England managers just can't do right for wrong.. :(

Potentially we could have four players taking part in the Euro's which can only be good for us. Each one will have to play well to keep their squad place, a situation which I am sure Paul Lambert will use to our advantage.

I've kept an eye on these play offs and the quality of the matches has been poor.

The 16 team Euros was a real sharp, quality tournament. 24 teams, with a third of teams that finished 3rd in their qualifying groups seems too many for me.

Agreed. Giving smaller nations a better chance of experiencing a european tournament is commendable, but there have to be better ways of doing it than bloating the number of qualified teams as well as removing most of the excitement from the qualification stage.

Still, as a supporter, it's hard to care about all that when Ibrahimovic keeps scoring absolute screamers for fun. :)

• 4 weeks later...

As a Scotland fan, I personally hope the next Euros is expanded to 48 teams. Then we might have an outside chance of qualifying.

It always looked like it was going to come down to Scotland or Republic of Ireland in that group; since Poland is playing well and the World Champions were in the group too. Republic of Ireland though, I believe were an embarrassment in the last Euro so, with O'Neill and Roy Keane, formidable leadership really.

No reason why both England and Wales can't qualify from that group.

Agreed. The draw could have been a lot worse. Looking forward to it.

The Sunday papers are saying that if England and Hodgson do well at the Euros his contract will be extended. I'm happy with that too. I think eh does a decent job even after the awful World Cup.

Archived