BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any later than Monday would be unacceptable. We have an important quasi relegation battle in 7 days so if it is lambert (really hope it is) he'll need every bit of a week to prepare on the basis won't know any of the players or oppo presumably. Ideally announce it tomorrow let him take training Monday morning.

Can't drag it out indefinitely particularly if shelfie broken the fax machine again just to save his beloved pne.

I don't claim to be the best in the know on the board. However I am a match reporter and online Journo and have gained some contacts around the game this season. I can say with confidence that Lambert will be in charge on Monday (source: John Filan)

Did he give any indication to how any of the players and remaining staff would feel about Lambert&Irvine taking over?

Interesting reading some Fulham forums on how they believe they've lost out on Lambert, how they believe we've done it the right way, and how badly managed it's been for them. And yet nothing official has been confirmed, so we should really hold our horses, as hard as it is.

Did he give any indication to how any of the players and remaining staff would feel about Lambert&Irvine taking over?

Who cares what they feel. The five years holiday camp is over.

• Backroom

Interesting reading some Fulham forums on how they believe they've lost out on Lambert, how they believe we've done it the right way, and how badly managed it's been for them. And yet nothing official has been confirmed, so we should really hold our horses, as hard as it is.

Constant Craven
  • Simon Morgan
  • star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gif
  • Fulham till I get fed up of this @#/?
xx.gif
Re: Blackburn in for Lambert.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 15:46:49 GMT »
We'll probably get Steve Keane. His family still live round here.

Imagine that...

true, but I'm sure not all the players at the club are so lazy, I'm sure there will be a good few that will be relishing the prospect of being managed and motivated by a somebody that's well respected in the game as a manager

true, but I'm sure not all the players at the club are so lazy, I'm sure there will be a good few that will be relishing the prospect of being managed and motivated by a somebody that's well respected in the game

Sorry, was just referring to the staff. It did seem like Bowyer surrounded himself with his mates.

10th December 2010 - Big Sam is sacked by Venkys who wanted to see "better football".

At the same time a progressive manager is on-course to take Norwich to a second successive promotion in 2010/11 back to the Premiership playing some stylish football on a small budget.

How things could have been different if Venkys had LISTENED to people telling them to appoint a proper manager at the time. Instead we ended up with K***.

I blame the fans. If only some of them could have been bothered to travel out to India and just tell them face to face.....

Spot on. They have a choice - buckle down or do one.

Being reported elsewhere now that he'll be appointed tomorrow. Bit strange to do so on a Sunday. Almost there though it would seem!

I think it may be Monday, as I reckon that article will go on The Sun's proper website section tomorrow. Surely it can't be Sunday...

true, but I'm sure not all the players at the club are so lazy, I'm sure there will be a good few that will be relishing the prospect of being managed and motivated by a somebody that's well respected in the game as a manager

Most players will do exactly what they can get away with, especially in training. This is for all sort of reasons, fear of new injuries, carrying old injuries, pure laziness etc,.The ones that go the extra mile in training are usually the ones playing at a higher level than the ones who don't. One of the greatest box to box midfield players I've ever seen ( Franz Beckenbauer ) put himself in the back four as soon as he could so he could prolong his career.

I think it's no secret that we are usually out run and out battled at the moment. This needs to be put right ASAP.

Having said that Mark Hughes was said to be a terrible trainer but what a player out on pitch.

Archived