BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Backroom

Confidence, belief and momentum go a long way in the Championship.

With Lambert, Irvine and Kelly in place, I believe we can make a promotion charge through a top six finish.

These guys will get another 25% out of our players and I expect to see a convincing win on Saturday at Preston. Happy days.

We need more than an extra 25% to get there this season.

I'd settle for a transition season now let him find his feet and learn about the players, Liverpool had one with Rodgers then very nearly won the league the year after (the rest as we know is history)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank goodness for that-he's rubbish. He's all about 'passon' and 'get into them', but no ideas about tactics at all.

Shame. He'd have gone together with our main song. :brfc:

• Backroom

As long as there is an improvement this season that will be enough for me. I'm tempting fate here, but maybe 6 wins out of our next 16 matches, rather than 3?

If we can somehow get out of the embargo in January, then hopefully we can seriously start rebuilding and look forward to giving it a genuine right good go next season.

We need more than an extra 25% to get there this season.

I'd settle for a transition season now let him find his feet and learn about the players, Liverpool had one with Rodgers then very nearly won the league the year after (the rest as we know is history)

Think Championship is different - much of a muchness. Sixth place is wide open. Get in the play-offs and anything can happen. Really confident about this.

I don't believe that Sherwood guff for one min, someone may have sounded him out but that's it. Sounds like Lambert and co have been the no 1 choice all along and it was probably more like them maybe turning to him if Lambert said a firm no.

Tims PR people just doing a job there for me, just to keep his name bobbling about. He's another who'll go nowhere imo because he just hasn't cut his teeth somewhere proper. Big time wide boy who needs the glam and glitz of a biggish Prem club to stimulate his ego. Don't get me wrong I'd have taken him over Bowyer at this point in time but no way over the likes of Lambert / Pearson etc.

I don't believe that Sherwood guff for one min, someone may have sounded him out but that's it. Sounds like Lambert and co have been the no 1 choice all along and it was probably more like them maybe turning to him if Lambert said a firm no.

Tims PR people just doing a job there for me to keep his name bobbling about. He's another who'll go nowhere imo because he just hasn't cut his teeth somewhere proper. Big time wide boy who needs the glam and glitz of a biggish Prem club to stimulate his ego. Don't get me wrong I'd have taken him over Bowyer at this point in time but no way over the likes of Lambert / Pearson etc.

Think you're spot on there. Sherwood is the type who could either be a resounding success or an unmitigated disaster, and quite possibly both if left to it long enough. I'd rather Lambert any day.

Interesting that he has only 1 vote out of 239. Had a peek at a Villa forum to see what they thought of him before he actually got appointed, and they were generally glad about getting him. How quickly things change...

Spot on about the coaching - think Kinder is going to feel very nervous and exposed with Irvine and Kelly, who know all about Academy football, hovering.

As for the wine, a good excuse to get stocked up again !

These appointments have certainly whetted the appetite. It's a long time since I had 'a buzz' about Rovers.

You are entitled to your opinion on Eric Kinder of course but i'm not sure on what you base it upon. Very harsh for me and I believe that messrs Irvine and Kelly will be aware of Kinder's good work thus far and leave him to get on with developing players.

As for the appointments, whether or not they are a success is secondary in significance to a seeming returning to sanity. Hopefully a watershed moment after 5 years of madness, curruption and £130m down the gurgler.

Kinder hasn't been back here that long and back in charge of the academy even less so it's harsh to point any fingers at him yet. I do however believe that if you have the money and can attract good people at all levels then you should hire them.

Strange how the dumbing down process looks set to be completely turned on it's head. Makes you wonder if it was a plan sold to the owners by 'team Bowyer' and it became very much jobs for the boys. Understandable really to want to surround yourself with people you know and trust (as well as doing your pals a favour) but in the long run it's no good if you want to be ambitious.

So hoist up the Lambert sail,

See how the mainsail sails,

Call for the captain ashore,

Take the points home,

We'll take the points home,

With Lambert our captain we'll take the points home.

That bastErds a broken man,

Now the blues have wrecked their plan,

He tries to carry the fans all on his own, ALL ON HIS OWN

He's losing his mind, HE'S LOSING HIS MIND

His sister he can't find,

With Lambert our captain will take the points home.

Take the points home,

Jordan Rhodes is a wonderful guy,

He's scoring goals all of the time

Now he's gonna break the Digles hearts and

Tear them apart,

He'll tear them apart, He'll tear them apart

They can't read his moves,

And so the rovers can't lose,

With Lambert our captain will take the points home.

Take the points home,

Sean Dyche is a simple man,

Deep down he's a rovers fan,

He even wears a blue shirt in his bedroom (even at noon),

He's crap at his job,

We think he's a nob,

With Lambert our captain we'll take the points home,

• Backroom

Strange how the dumbing down process looks set to be completely turned on it's head. Makes you wonder if it was a plan sold to the owners by 'team Bowyer' and it became very much jobs for the boys. Understandable really to want to surround yourself with people you know and trust (as well as doing your pals a favour) but in the long run it's no good if you want to be ambitious.

From what I remember Shelfy was generally considered to be giving Venky's a less than truthful picture about the state of things at Ewood. Whether Bowyer was a part of that I don't know, though his messages to Desai through the media suggest he was partially complicit. Seemingly this "senior advisor" came over and found that all was not as it appeared, and that was that.

If they'd bothered paying attention to the club over the last year and a half they might have realised this a lot sooner. Still, better late than never, I suppose.

From what I remember Shelfy was generally considered to be giving Venky's a less than truthful picture about the state of things at Ewood. Whether Bowyer was a part of that I don't know, though his messages to Desai through the media suggest he was partially complicit. Seemingly this "senior advisor" came over and found that all was not as it appeared, and that was that.

If they'd bothered paying attention to the club over the last year and a half they might have realised this a lot sooner. Still, better late than never, I suppose.

Well he had some good teachers in that role with the previous regime who brought him on board. Also seemed no coincidence that when they sent someone over to watch just like before then all of a sudden heads start to role.

It did strike me a while back that a few unrealistic things about some of our players were making their way into the press for the benefit of others. I'm talking about so called clubs sniffing around Marshall, Hanley and even Lowe all at 5mill yet no sign of those bids. All adding weight to the so called increasing value line and all designed to keep people in jobs.

Going off the way they seem to work though they'll prob just keep Derek on to dot the i's and cross the t's on league business and just go straight through Lambert and co. Maybe via their new advisor or something.

Rumoured he's in town next week !

They know that - watch this space.

If true, this is really astonishing. Why has it taken 5 years to overcome their confusion?

If they are set on a root and branch upheaval of the club, what is the end game?

Is it to make Rovers sellable again?

Whatever the answers, I'm glad someone, somewhere has woken up at long, long last.

Archived