BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure I recall from the summer that we had to meet the target for FFP by the end of the window to clear the embargo for January. That would mean that we are embargoed in January and have to sell to remove the embargo for next summer. Hope something has changed with regard to this because we won't be mounting a promotion push if we have to sell in January, no matter who the manager is. 9 massive games until then though.

I'm sure I recall from the summer that we had to meet the target for FFP by the end of the window to clear the embargo for January. That would mean that we are embargoed in January and have to sell to remove the embargo for next summer. Hope something has changed with regard to this because we won't be mounting a promotion push if we have to sell in January, no matter who the manager is. 9 massive games until then though.

A close friend who occasionally spends time behind the scenes at Ewood in a professional capacity and mixes with the hierarchy told me that Rovers will be mounting a legal challenge against the Football League primarily because QPR haven't been sanctioned. My guess is that compensation will be sought as not being able to sign players had severely hindered our chances whilst QPR have signed all manner of players. Potentially winning a case like this would blow FFP out of the water.

A close friend who occasionally spends time behind the scenes at Ewood in a professional capacity and mixes with the hierarchy told me that Rovers will be mounting a legal challenge against the Football League primarily because QPR haven't been sanctioned. My guess is that compensation will be sought as not being able to sign players had severely hindered our chances whilst QPR have signed all manner of players. Potentially winning a case like this would blow FFP out of the water.

Something like that wouldn't be sorted by January - is the expectation that the League will back down - or will sanctions be lifted while the legal challenge is ongoing (similar to QPR).

• Backroom

I hope this promotion this season lark isn't held over the new mans head

We have to have an almost faultless second half of the season to even stand a chance now

Could take years though, won't effect the January situation. I thought QPR got away with it because oif different jurisdictions. I suppose if we can get out of the embargo we could spend big but it would be straight back in embargo unless we got promoted to the PL . I doubt Lambert would be attracted by the promise of the club launching a legal challenge at some point. Are we missing something here, we'll probably never know,

Thanks Mani for the info

What do you think has made them act now rather than last season when we were drifting out of touch with the playoffs? If they had acted in January this year we might have made a late run last season. Bowyer used all his lives up?

I think they have been incredibly naïve and sadly have been sold a lorry load of bull s h I t over the five years including, IMV, from the likes of Bowyer.

For the first time, they have had one of 'their' advisors in place who knows his arse from his elbow and some brutal truths have been delivered.

The club is currently unsellable and their only chance of getting their 'investment' back, or at least a good part of it, is as a PL club again. You might as well lose £180million rather than £150million if that last £30million gives you a potential jackpot return.

I think the whole club has been dumbed down and is severely under managed despite having more folk on the payroll (as per last accounts) than we did as a PL club !

Rightly, they now want to get the football performance side in order as quickly as possible hence the 'quality' appointments that some would only have dreamed about (I have always maintained the who better than Bowyer would come to Rovers argument was fallacious).

I think the club's operating structure has been reviewed from top to bottom and it would be no surprise to me to see substantial changes made, with smarter people introduced together with new ways of working, all with less folk on the payroll.

I hope this promotion this season lark isn't held over the new mans head

We have to have an almost faultless second half of the season to even stand a chance now

i just want to see us progressing up the league(even if its just slowly but surely) and fighting for every point, i do think the play-offs are within reach but obviously its a very long shot and I wont be to disappointed if we don't quite get there, but next season we really need to be up there from the off.

Whilst I understand team Bowyer might feel harshly done by being expected to deliver a promotion charge despite the embargo, an lets face it he mentioned often enough, proving he was speaking directly to Pune through the press, they all ended up in jobs they could only dream about with pay to match so I've little sympathy. They all leave with reputations intact, enhanced in Bowyers case.

It does though show you the mentality of them and it was clear Bowyer didn't have that belief in his squad and that was reflected in them. He'd reverted to type the last 3 games just like they did last season and him and his staff had no idea how to push the team on, whenever they went on a run he's reeled them back in. Makes you wonder why......

I think they have been incredibly naïve and sadly have been sold a lorry load of bull s h I t over the five years including, IMV, from the likes of Bowyer.

For the first time, they have had one of 'their' advisors in place who knows his arse from his elbow and some brutal truths have been delivered.

The club is currently unsellable and their only chance of getting their 'investment' back, or at least a good part of it, is as a PL club again. You might as well lose £180million rather than £150million if that last £30million gives you a potential jackpot return.

I think the whole club has been dumbed down and is severely under managed despite having more folk on the payroll (as per last accounts) than we did as a PL club !

Rightly, they now want to get the football performance side in order as quickly as possible hence the 'quality' appointments that some would only have dreamed about (I have always maintained the who better than Bowyer would come to Rovers argument was fallacious).

I think the club's operating structure has been reviewed from top to bottom and it would be no surprise to me to see substantial changes made, with smarter people introduced together with new ways of working, all with less folk on the payroll.

This is not meant as a dig at you, Mercer, but personally, I smart every time I hear Venky's described, as naive or passive recipients.

They have been agents( no pun intended )in all that has gone on. Don't forget arrogance, certainty, refusal to listen, denial, broken promises...and bullshit...

Now that's off my chest LOL

Got a right spring in my step today, new manager for Rovers and - last night too! Really pleased with the Lambert appointment.

Of all places I never thought UFC events would be spoiled on this forum. Cheers!

Solid coaching team coming in if we can get the three mentioned. I'm sure the players will now notice a distinct difference in professionalism and can concentrate solely on their football. I believe the players will get an attitude check as well, I don't think squad wise we're too far off having the quality to push for a play-off spot. A couple of more additions in January for depth, and we're good to go.

This is not meant as a dig at you, Mercer, but personally, I smart every time I hear Venky's described, as naive or passive recipients.

They have been agents( no pun intended )in all that has gone on. Don't forget arrogance, certainty, refusal to listen, denial, broken promises...and bullshit...

Now that's off my chest LOL

I don't disagree with your sentiments.

I would not try to defend their first five years' of ownership which, IMV, has been shambolic and a waste.

The "arrogance, certainty, refusal to listen, denial", to a degree, can be borne out of naivety. However, "broken promises" are unforgiveable and to me are about sincerity and integrity.

They have a huge wrong to right. If somehow they do, and the signs are that they might at long last be listening and learning, I will at least give them some credit for that.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/475730/Former-Aston-Villa-Norwich-Paul-Lambert-new-Blackburn-manager

TBA later today according to the ooh ah Daily Star. Also states reports saying we'd approached Sherwood were 'wide of the mark'. It's probably come from Sherwoods people, or the Daily Mirror are just stirrring it up (like with the Rhodes to SW story)

Archived