BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really sad to say but I have no idea how to feel about all that's going on. Bowyer had to go, we were going no where and losing good players. I hope lambert is going to be our new manager but since the chicken fools rolled into rovers nothing good has really happened. If he is appointed then fantastic and he will need time. Talk of having to go up this year is probably very optimistic. Realistically he needs some time to sort things out.

But I won't hold my breath in believing he is coming, with our moronic owners it's just as likely that its lamberts pet gold fish who will end up managing the club. If they do bring him in nothing is forgiven, they have taken away some of my love for rovers and I will always hate them for it.

• Backroom

I think the possibility of the quick appointment has raised expectations.

Fulham and QPR sacked their managers before we did and are still waiting.

If the appointment is confirmed today or tomorrow that would be an acceptable time frame.

You can't blame people for being twitchy when it comes to Venky's though. This would be their fastest managerial appointment (Kean aside) since they arrived, and also the first experienced manager they've ever hired.

The debt is to the owners. You wanted them to not attend Ewood - then complain that they aren't there. The Shaw stuff could be perceived by some as telling porkies to save money.

Ewood isn't a circus. There hasn't been a revolving managerial door for 2.5years. Shebby is a distant nightmare etc. Although a lot of what has gone on is mundane for fans, signings average, embargo imposed due to rules...the bills have been paid and the manager left to do his best. Far from a circus Gav.

If you think the owners will take the debt when they leave you're in cuckoo land and whilst you obviously put weight in my opinion, sadly what I think doesn't matter really.

As for the rest of your post, if you'd said not as big of a circus as 3yrs ago I would agree, but for the reasons already stated the club is still very much a circus and to think otherwise is to bury ones head in the sand.

Let's hope appointing Lambert helps the circus leave town for good, that's what we all want.

Of all places I never thought UFC events would be spoiled on this forum. Cheers!

Solid coaching team coming in if we can get the three mentioned. I'm sure the players will now notice a distinct difference in professionalism and can concentrate solely on their football. I believe the players will get an attitude check as well, I don't think squad wise we're too far off having the quality to push for a play-off spot. A couple of more additions in January for depth, and we're good to go.

Agreed! Thank heavens I watched it first thing this morning or I would have been gutted to see that spoiler sneaked in there.

Back on topic... very happy with this trio of appointments if it's all done and dusted as everyone seems to think it is. Hopefully the end of some dark days and the start of a period of positivity on and off the pitch. For the first time in ages I'm thinking of crossing the water to Ewood park... If I'm thinking like that, surely those who live closer will return? Cmon Rovers!!

Apologies guys, that was a bit remiss of me, guess I was just got a bit carried away.

I'm ambivalent about Rhodes, always have been to be honest. Yeah he's a great goal scorer but he's not a great all round striker. What he brings in goals you lose in all around forward play. Anyway that issue has been done to death. My point is given the totem he's become at the club would any new manager be brave/foolish enough to sell him so early in his managership ? I think not.

i'm hoping a new manager can instill a bit of confidence back into Rhodes. For the last 12 months he's missed a lot of chances that someone with his finishing ability should be taking. We're not talking half-chances either. The one against Burnley when he he was in on goal with only the keeper to beat was an awful attempt - a tame left-footer straight at the keeper when all he had to do was slot it in the far corner. There's been a quite a few like that in the last 12 months. I think the form of Rudy stole a bit of his momentum/space to be fair. We need Rhodes taking a higher % of his chances if we want to progress. He's still the best finisher in the league when he's on his game, with the cleverest movement.

I'm ambivalent about Rhodes, always have been to be honest. Yeah he's a great goal scorer but he's not a great all round striker. What he brings in goals you lose in all around forward play. Anyway that issue has been done to death. My point is given the totem he's become at the club would any new manager be brave/foolish enough to sell him so early in his managership ? I think not.

We are in the Championship. How many other teams have great all round strikers? Let's see how Lambert has Rhodes playing before selling him off. I always thought Bowyer (& Kean et al) brought out the worst in Rhodes, yet his class got him the goals in spite of the gaffer's directions/tactics.

If Ads is posting songs (nice effort), I'd better get this one on before the wine wears off.

Jordan Rhodes

Take us home

To the place we belong

Premier League

Blackburn Rovers

Jordan Rhodes

Take us home

I have always wondered why that isn't a chant!!!

I hold my hands up, I never thought we'd attract a decent manager, we still haven't, but hopefully we'll get Lambert.

You have to ask yourself just what it would take for these managers to turn a job down, our club is a circus, I'd not join an organisation thats a circus, would you?

I holded my hands up this morning.

I really didnt think we bring in or attract a quality manager like Lambert but we have.

Hopefully with Lambert bring in Irvine and Kelly as part of his staff we will look at bringing through players from the academy.

I hope you two and others of the same ilk have learned a lesson by the end of today.

This is Blackburn Rovers, not some tin pot outfit that has never won owt,

The biggest challenge the Venky's have had is whittling down the quality applicants for the job.

Frankly your attitude's in this respect devalue the club.

Blackburn Rovers will always attract quality managers if the owners chose to go down that route, which thankfully someone has convinced them to do.

I hope you two and others of the same ilk have learned a lesson by the end of today.

This is Blackburn Rovers, not some tin pot outfit that has never won owt,

The biggest challenge the Venky's have had is whittling down the quality applicants for the job.

Frankly your attitude's in this respect devalue the club.

Blackburn Rovers will always attract quality managers if the owners chose to go down that route, which thankfully someone has convinced them to do.

To be fair there is no way Lambert would come unless we are coming out of embargo. The assumption of the likes of Chaddy and I is that we could not get out of embargo. So it seems a slightly different situation than we thought.

Still if we land him it is an incredible effort and I would never have thought it possible a couple of weeks ago.

To be fair there is no way Lambert would come unless we are coming out of embargo. The assumption of the likes of Chaddy and I is that we could not get out of embargo. So it seems a slightly different situation than we thought.

Still if we land him it is an incredible effort and I would never have thought it possible a couple of weeks ago.

That increased the list to three, as far as I am aware, we are still in an embargo

;)

Archived