BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't disagree with your sentiments.

I would not try to defend their first five years' of ownership which, IMV, has been shambolic and a waste.

The "arrogance, certainty, refusal to listen, denial", to a degree, can be borne out of naivety. However, "broken promises" are unforgiveable and to me are about sincerity and integrity.

They have a huge wrong to right. If somehow they do, and the signs are that they might at long last be listening and learning, I will at least give them some credit for that.

Your turnaround Merce could probably be bigger than the one the club may be under going :lol:

This is not meant as a dig at you, Mercer, but personally, I smart every time I hear Venky's described, as naive or passive recipients.

They have been agents( no pun intended )in all that has gone on. Don't forget arrogance, certainty, refusal to listen, denial, broken promises...and bullshit...

Now that's off my chest LOL

I think they were very naive and relied on people who didn't have their(Venky's) financial interests at heart. All that 'Champions League qualification in five years on a budget of £5m a year and a few loans' were not their words. To their credit they haven't bailed and left us even more in the mire, and they've finally decided to recruit a proven manager at this level. This won't be cheap. I've always believed they wanted success for Rovers, it's just that it's cost them over £100m to finally realise they've been listening to the wrong people.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/475730/Former-Aston-Villa-Norwich-Paul-Lambert-new-Blackburn-manager

TBA later today according to the ooh ah Daily Star. Also states reports saying we'd approached Sherwood were 'wide of the mark'. It's probably come from Sherwoods people, or the Daily Mirror are just stirrring it up (like with the Rhodes to SW story)

Sherwood has shown in his last 2 appointments that he's a coach and not a manager, i'd like to think we've just learn't that appointing coaches to managerial positions doesn't work, but you never know with this lot.

Waving your arms around on the touchline doesn't make you a manager, just ask any Villa fan, he was rubbish.

Sunday Mirror running a small piece about the Sherwood rejection story. There are rarely any quotes with this sort of thing, so it's difficult to tell if it's true.

As chaddy stated already, Nixon in today's Sun says the Lambert announcement will be made today.

I can't recall managerial appointments ever being announced over the weekend tbh.

Could be announced today and do the presser tomorrow.

Literally just received a copy of Bolton's latest account. How we are under embargo and they aren't is a complete and utter joke.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

The flow chart on this link gives a simple explanation.

I think its the case that we could choose to ignore ffp in favour of investing in a promotion push. IF promoted we get a fine which goes to charity. The PL send us a bill and deduct from our share of the tv money.... ???

Looks like we are the only club who have chosen to take our medicine like good boys and girls.... Same mentality reflection of Bowyers on field tactics.

I hope this promotion this season lark isn't held over the new mans head

We have to have an almost faultless second half of the season to even stand a chance now

oh yes it will be, we've got a top 6 squad apparently and he'll have money to spend in Jan apparently, we're only 11 points off the play offs, there's 30 games to go. (that's only 1 point every 3 games we have to a make up which is nothing) A proper manager could easily make the play-offs with the best striker in the league up front! I think it was Reading who were bottom at this stage one season and got promoted.

You Lambertinis better hope he doesn't mess it up. The Bowyerettes are watching :)

...just joking...but in all seriousness 11 points behind with 30 games to play is nothing. A run of wins, rather than the draw-win- loss we had under Bowyer would quickly get us in and around the top 6...especially as Lambert may be able to bring some quality in in January ( be interesting to see the type of player he brings in and if he can utilise his german connections)

All is not lost for this season by a long chalk...providing he gets the results :rover:

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

The flow chart on this link gives a simple explanation.

I think its the case that we could choose to ignore ffp in favour of investing in a promotion push. IF promoted we get a fine which goes to charity. The PL send us a bill and deduct from our share of the tv money.... ???

Looks like we are the only club who have chosen to take our medicine like good boys and girls.... Same mentality reflection of Bowyers on field tactics.

The way I read it - we would have a transfer ban - so all the money in the world would stop us doing that.

Rightly, they now want to get the football performance side in order as quickly as possible hence the 'quality' appointments that some would only have dreamed about (I have always maintained the who better than Bowyer would come to Rovers argument was fallacious).

Of all the myths that posters have touted as being broken by Venkys decisions to sack Bowyer and Co and to appoint more notable replacements, the biggest one hasn't had a mention.

How many times did I read on here, right up to the sacking, that no manager of any stature would be attracted to Rovers?

oh yes it will be, we've got a top 6 squad apparently and he'll have money to spend in Jan apparently, we're only 11 points off the play offs, there's 30 games to go. (that's only 1 point every 3 games we have to a make up which is nothing) A proper manager could easily make the play-offs with the best striker in the league up front! I think it was Reading who were bottom at this stage one season and got promoted.

You Lambertinis better hope he doesn't mess it up. The Bowyerettes are watching :)

...just joking...but in all seriousness 11 points behind with 30 games to play is nothing. A run of wins, rather than the draw-win- loss we had under Bowyer would quickly get us in and around the top 6...especially as Lambert may be able to bring some quality in in January ( be interesting to see the type of player he brings in and if he can utilise his german connections)

All is not lost for this season by a long chalk...providing he gets the results :rover:

Totally agree - we have all the clubs above us to play again this season - but it would be one hell of a run.

Nixon may want a word with his colleague Wyett then, who kept saying time and time again on Twitter last night that it would be 100% today.

If I ever see Charlie Wyett at Ewood park then i'll gladly arrange his teeth on the pavement. Absolute scum of the highest order. Will never forgive or forget how portrayed Rovers fans the day we got relegated against Wigan.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/475730/Former-Aston-Villa-Norwich-Paul-Lambert-new-Blackburn-manager

TBA later today according to the ooh ah Daily Star. Also states reports saying we'd approached Sherwood were 'wide of the mark'. It's probably come from Sherwoods people, or the Daily Mirror are just stirrring it up (like with the Rhodes to SW story)

Quite possible that soundings were taken about Sherwood and a few other potential managers.

That does not equate to him actually being offered the job.

Personally, I'm glad it's likely to be Lambert rather than Sherwood.

Had Sherwood not played for the club, would we have had any interest in him whatsoever based on his managerial career to date?

I think not.

Berg mK II.

Of all the myths that posters have touted as being broken by Venkys decisions to sack Bowyer and Co and to appoint more notable replacements, the biggest one hasn't had a mention.

How many times did I read on here, right up to the sacking, that no manager of any stature would be attracted to Rovers?

I think more people said that they didn't believe venky's would be bring in anyone better, not that Rovers couldn't attract anyone better. Thankfully that myth has also been busted.

Agreed. Presumably Mr Lambert has chosen us because the manager at Rovers has more power and control than at the vast majority of other clubs, (too much in reality).

To me this would always help us get the right man. The previous flaw was that we have gone after the wrong man during manager searches in the last five years.

Can someone enlighten me as to why Lambert would want Irvine AND Kelly?

Rob Kelly was heavily involved at Rovers during the years when we unearthed a lot of talented young players. I imagine we are going to really focus on the academy and move it on a level as it has either been producing very little that the first team can use, or alternatively, has been underused.

I hold my hands up, I never thought we'd attract a decent manager, we still haven't, but hopefully we'll get Lambert.

You have to ask yourself just what it would take for these managers to turn a job down, our club is a circus, I'd not join an organisation thats a circus, would you?

I hold my hands up, I never thought we'd attract a decent manager, we still haven't, but hopefully we'll get Lambert.

You have to ask yourself just what it would take for these managers to turn a job down, our club is a circus, I'd not join an organisation thats a circus, would you?

I did after I got made redundant..and I keep tripping over my shoes..

Totally agree - we have all the clubs above us to play again this season - but it would be one hell of a run.

Certainly do - able. Crystal Palace did it under Iain Dowie too. Came from nowhere.

Norwich had a great run last season too.

Above all, I can honestly say that with this manager I can imagine us kicking on a level. With the old one, we levelled off quickly and started regressing. I would gladly watch us improve this season with the idea of giving it our all next.

I don't view us as a circus anymore and I'm not sure many do. Bowyer genuinely needs commending for that.

Archived