BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

A proper manager is Lambert. Will build us from the back IMO, so expect initially some hard-to-beat type performances, not unlike the 'bully boys' days of Hughes early days as boss. I wouldn't either expect wholesale changes from bowyers last starting line up to begin with.

I'm looking forward to seeing a team go out there with a clear game plan and a real sense of purpose.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's Lambert, I am willing to give him time to implement his philosophies. More willing than I was with Bowyer, simply because I know we have appointed a quality manager with quality staff and the club is finally looking to move in a positive direction. This season is pretty much a write-off thanks to Bowyer, so I have no qualms letting Lambert have free reign and a good bit of leeway in terms of performances and results.

Considering his CV and those of his first team coaches, I imagine we will see an improvement pretty quickly. Providing the players don't sulk that Brockhall will no longer be a holiday camp, that is!

If we do get those 3 managerial appointments in place, Venkys must look next at the admin set-up and the rest of the support people.No point having a Rolls Royce body with a Vauxhall Victor engine.

I'm looking forward to seeing a team go out there with a clear game plan and a real sense of purpose.

It will come but perhaps not immediately, maybe not even this season. Souness took a while, over half a season to get us playing his way, and he had far better players to work with.

If we do get those 3 managerial appointments in place, Venkys must look next at the admin set-up and the rest of the support people.No point having a Rolls Royce body with a Vauxhall Victor engine.

Yeah this is a great start but sorting out the club from the top would give our new manager a better platform to build from. Hopefully this is the start of something big!

It will come but perhaps not immediately, maybe not even this season. Souness took a while, over half a season to get us playing his way, and he had far better players to work with.

I'm sure we'll get a feel for what he wants from the team. I am sure the quality of the coaching staff alone will see improvements come quickly.

Yeah this is a great start but sorting out the club from the top would give our new manager a better platform to build from. Hopefully this is the start of something big!

I'm sure we'll get a feel for what he wants from the team. I am sure the quality of the coaching staff alone will see improvements come quickly.

As I say, I'd warn against expecting to much too soon. None of the players are his choices. He may need us out of embargo and the summer window to get some of his own players into the club. Everyone has got what they wanted now, an experienced proven manager. Let's show some patience and not expect a pipe dream play off surge. That would be very unfair.

Thank you. That's spot on. If someone did say that I wouldn't even post it, never mind a post maybe saying "I was told by a coach". There's no secrecy behind this story, 90% of the media are aware of it. Also let's be honest of I had of put "someone told me" I would received a backlash with what a load of trash etc, that I wouldn't even bother posting if I couldn't quote the person who informed. Source was probably the wrong word to use to be fair.

Thanks for posting what you did - ignore the criticism, that was a welcome 'sort of' confirmation for a lot of us that Lambert was our man.

As I say, I'd warn against expecting to much too soon. None of the players are his choices. He may need us out of embargo and the summer window to get some of his own players into the club. Everyone has got what they wanted now, an experienced proven manager. Let's show some patience and not expect a pipe dream play off surge. That would be very unfair.

Being Rovers fans these last five years has certainly taught us to be pessimistic. I'm not expecting fireworks, I'm just extremely happy with the appointment and I guess I'm a little more optimistic for the future. Though it is of course sensible to temper our expectations, at least in the short-term.

Being Rovers fans these last five years has certainly taught us to be pessimistic. I'm not expecting fireworks, I'm just extremely happy with the appointment and I guess I'm a little more optimistic for the future. Though it is of course sensible to temper our expectations, at least in the short-term.

Goes back longer than that for some. It started for me in 1965 with the Polio outbreak, sugar lumps at KGH, the Town viewed as a leper, away games and relegation at Season end with just 20 odd points. What had seemed so good 2 years before had ended in such sorrow. Still it made the Uncle Jack era worth the wait. But you are right the last 5 years have been appalling and our hopes are for the future COYB

You were excited Big Sam went? Bloody hell. When that happened you had to be aware that something was amiss if only because it went against everything our then new owners had only just said.

He better read his contract - nobody else will have

As those of us in the Wembley 'Blackburn End' can testify and what a view we had of the move and build up, great cross and Hendry finish.

And here it is in full glory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psbzH_e99tY

Thanks for that video. I was there and about 15 at the time. It's a bit of a blur but our coach stopped broke down and we all got off. Next thing the rovers coach pulled up and off they all got with the cup. All I remember is touching the cup, anyone else on that lucky coach?

is shaw still here ?

who will do the presser, barry white ??

Rumoured he's in town next week !

They know that - watch this space.

Yeah I agree,let's not expect to much too soon,picking a manager needs skill,but also a bit of luck,Sir Jack went for Kidd thinking he could emulate Fergi,not so,also John Williams took a gamble with Ince,and also remember all the Wigan fans,when hearing Malky Mackay coming was their saviour,didn't work,but I've just a feeling this appointment could come off,I admit when hearing Bowyer was sacked,Lamberts name was not in my thoughts,but looking at his stats and hearing off NorwichColchester fans he is probably the best bet to get us out this division,I'll give him time,hope everybody else does,seems similar to Souness when he arrived,took his first season to sort everything out,and them bang,promotion,hope it's announced tomorrow and looking forward to Preston on Saturday..

Confidence, belief and momentum go a long way in the Championship.

With Lambert, Irvine and Kelly in place, I believe we can make a promotion charge through a top six finish.

These guys will get another 25% out of our players and I expect to see a convincing win on Saturday at Preston. Happy days.

Used to watch Alan Irvine for rovers reserves in my early days as a rovers fan, was a really tricky winger, good to watch. Not really relevant I know, but just thought of it.

Irvine was appointed as a youth coach at rovers by Kenny.

Irve the swerve :)

20k for the Wednesday game possibly? I'd like to think so anyway.

Would hope so, they might have to contribute 5k tho :blush:

With Lambert, Irvine and Kelly in place, I believe we can make a promotion charge through a top six finish.

These guys will get another 25% out of our players and I expect to see a convincing win on Saturday at Preston. Happy days.

It's about time we got some "quality" through the backbone of the coaching staff again! Oh and does the predicted convincing win mean a nice bottle of red post match? :P

It's about time we got some "quality" through the backbone of the coaching staff again! Oh and does the predicted convincing win mean a nice bottle of red post match? :P

Spot on about the coaching - think Kinder is going to feel very nervous and exposed with Irvine and Kelly, who know all about Academy football, hovering.

As for the wine, a good excuse to get stocked up again !

These appointments have certainly whetted the appetite. It's a long time since I had 'a buzz' about Rovers.

I wouldn't go so far as that. I don't believe enough of the squad we've got are top six material although I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. Midfield is a real sore point for me. One week to lick the team into shape isn't much. I'm looking for a significant improvement by Xmas time though.

Archived