BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

To be fair to Bowyer, getting within two points of the playoffs isn't bad going for a rookie manager in his first full season in charge. Problem is that we never built on this and both results and performances went south. 14/15 should've been the season that we formed into promotion contenders, especially with the firepower we had up front. Apart from that briefest of dalliances with the top six, we spent the better part of the season as an average midtable side.

Second season was definitely where the cracks started to show. If we're being honest, Bowyer probably performed above expectations in both seasons considering his lack of experience, but that still wasn't good enough.

Nixon is putting his nuts on the table with this Lambert link. It'll be embarrassing for him at this point if it doesn't come off, so hopefully he has a foot in Lambert's camp and knows exactly what is happening.

Can whoever (2) has voted for Alex McLeish to be our next manager please step forward stating your reasons behind this?

I find this mind boggling.

Whilst not my cup of tea at least McLeish is a proven experienced manager with a recent promotion, silverware and top level record at Birmingham and Rangers.

I'm not a fan of his and think the football would be dull, but I think he's a better candidate than some of the above names, many of whom (Dunn and Mckinlay) have achieved nothing.

(it wasn't me who voted for him)

Looking back on it I think the signings or Rudy and Conway enabled him to over achieve in the second half of his first season. Before that and then what came last season was pretty similar sit back and contain stuff. Perhaps that made us a bit guilty of expecting to much but there is no doubt last season could and should have been better.

Anyway he paid the price in the end and if they can get this new staff in and more importantly get the embargo lifted we've certainly enough still at the club to build on this time.

If it's Lambert, I am willing to give him time to implement his philosophies. More willing than I was with Bowyer, simply because I know we have appointed a quality manager with quality staff and the club is finally looking to move in a positive direction. This season is pretty much a write-off thanks to Bowyer, so I have no qualms letting Lambert have free reign and a good bit of leeway in terms of performances and results.

Considering his CV and those of his first team coaches, I imagine we will see an improvement pretty quickly. Providing the players don't sulk that Brockhall will no longer be a holiday camp, that is!

The bowyerites have got a bit of a sulk on(bless em) my younger brother is one of them and he's been a right snappy little bitch since bowyer was sacked, he's even letting his sulking get in the way of him realising what a massive step up it will be to have a real manager like lambert in charge, i just feel sorry for them they're just so deluded, they've become kind of institutionalised into thinking the standard of football and results under bowyer where acceptable.

The Bowyerettes were quick to insult anyone that contested the direction the club was heading and even quicker to vilify anyone who spoke against Bowyer. What do I expect from them when the new manager is put in place? Mucho hypocrisy. They will be on the back of the new man before we kick off against Preston, looking to justify their beliefs that Bowyer shouldn't have been sacked. I have no doubt about it!

Must add, I know this will be a very small % of fans. The vast majority of us had realised Bowyer's time was up. Quite a few of those most vocally behind him were only so because they thought Venky's would cock up his replacement. If Lambert is installed as gaffer, I imagine 99% will be happy.

The bowyerites have got a bit of a sulk on(bless em) my younger brother is one of them and he's been a right snappy little bitch since bowyer was sacked, he's even letting his sulking get in the way of him realising what a massive step up it will be to have a real manager like lambert in charge, i just feel sorry for them they're just so deluded, they've become kind of institutionalised into thinking the standard of football and results under bowyer where acceptable.

There's nothing attractive about smug arrogance as this post proves.

The time was right for Bowyer to go but, considering the circumstances he worked on, it seems to me unarguable that the whole thing could have gone far more pear-shaped than it actually did (relegation could quite easily have occurred).

The irony for me is that having seen us play several times this season the performances have been better than most of last season ( which was ultimately a big disappointment).It would seem fair to say that often the rub of the green hasn't gone our way (Fulham, Burnley etc) and we could quite easily have amassed more points than we currently have.

Still, Bowyer was given a fair crack of the whip and I'm looking forward to seeing if Lambert can take us to the next level.

The Bowyerettes were quick to insult anyone that contested the direction the club was heading and even quicker to vilify anyone who spoke against Bowyer. What do I expect from them when the new manager is put in place? Mucho hypocrisy. They will be on the back of the new man before we kick off against Preston, looking to justify their beliefs that Bowyer shouldn't have been sacked. I have no doubt about it!

Must add, I know this will be a very small % of fans. The vast majority of us had realised Bowyer's time was up. Quite a few of those most vocally behind him were only so because they thought Venky's would cock up his replacement. If Lambert is installed as gaffer, I imagine 99% will be happy.

You must live in a parallel universe mustard if you're claiming that went on here? It was massively the other way around if your talking about this site only, whilst on match days I never once heard Bowyer out chants in his entire time here.

Anyway it doesn't matter now, he's gone and hopefully we'll appoint a manager with experience, thats all I personally I'm looking for.

They will be on the back of the new man before we kick off against Preston, looking to justify their beliefs that Bowyer shouldn't have been sacked. I have no doubt about it!

an insight into the petty workings of your own mind there. I'd imagine all Rovers fans will be delighted if Lambert works out and will also give him a chance to build his own team.

It came long just when we needed it. McKay was a good manager.

There was a membership scheme in place and I remember having a small, green pass which I presume we had to show on entry on match days (memory is poor on this).

I lost mine so drove over to Ewood in my old beetle to source new one before game on the Saturday.

It was blowing a hooly and as I walked up Nuttall street I dropped a tenner and it blew under the gates of the Blackburn end!

That was a lot of money!! I stood and watched it blow around in circles for what seemed an age until it came within reach of my brolly at arms length.

Tenner retrieved, I walked to the office and asked a secretary type if I could have a new pass as I'd need it for Saturday.

No! she replied, you need to write to the club requesting a new one and it may take a couple of weeks!

'I've driven from Bolton for this after my 6-2 shift, is there nothing you can do now?' I enquired.

Mr. McKay, who'd obviously heard the conversation, appeared and said, 'Give him a card, we need all the fans we can get'.

An embarrassed secretary duly obliged.

Nice chap was that Don!

Don Mackay was a special bloke, all right. I felt so uncomfortable, when fans started chanting for his head and sad when he got sacked. The fact that Don and Bill Fox sat together at that sacking press conference said something about the good taste of the club at the time( a million light years from Shebby Singh's brown envelope waiting for Appleton!)

I never liked in when David Speedie felt the need to slag him off years later.

Some Rovers people we will always keep in our hearts ...and Don Mackay is one.

There's nothing attractive about smug arrogance as this post proves.

The time was right for Bowyer to go but, considering the circumstances he worked on, it seems to me unarguable that the whole thing could have gone far more pear-shaped than it actually did (relegation could quite easily have occurred).

The irony for me is that having seen us play several times this season the performances have been better than most of last season ( which was ultimately a big disappointment).It would seem fair to say that often the rub of the green hasn't gone our way (Fulham, Burnley etc) and we could quite easily have amassed more points than we currently have.

Still, Bowyer was given a fair crack of the whip and I'm looking forward to seeing if Lambert can take us to the next level.

I think i'm very attractive, cheers and bore off dog.

Does nobody else find it rather strange that SkyBet have taken the market for the next manager down?

Looking at their odds for Moyes' next position, considering he WAS second favourite for the Rovers job, Rovers are nowhere to be seen.

Also looks like Lambert's odds have risen for Fulham next manager, and have completely disappeared for QPR next manager.

I suppose it may also be due to irregular betting patterns on our next manager. :huh: Who knows...

Archived