BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Tom

Next Rovers Manager  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as the next Rovers manager?

• Paul Lambert
    • David Moyes
    • Slovisa Jokanovic
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Paolo di Canio
    • Uwe Rosler
    • David Dunn
    • Billy McKinlay
    • Malky Mackay
    • Ian Holloway
    • Alex McLeish
    • Gus Poyet
    • Tugay Kerimoglu
    • Simon Grayson
    • Billy Davies

That article makes no sense how can they be aiming to name their new manager by the end of the weekend if there are other interested parties?

It does if you read it properly. It says he wasn't the only manager they have looked at. Have not are

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#rovers aiming to name Paul Lambert as their new manager by the end of the weekend

https://t.co/fcUvqFL4zOhttps://t.co/AfauksHPgE

I am not a huge fan of how this process is elongating.

Suggests that Lambert is not sure he wants the job. Number one requirement for any manager in my view is that they actually want to be our manager.

Can't think of any boss who has done a good job when they took a job because "oh well, it wasn't the one I wanted but meh"

More than willing to be corrected on that front.

Hoping there has been a cock up somewhere along the line with Venkys and Lambert. If it turns out that they've sacked the entire staff and didn't believe they had a replacement ready to go, they haven't learnt a thing.

I am not a huge fan of how this process is elongating.

Suggests that Lambert is not sure he wants the job. Number one requirement for any manager in my view is that they actually want to be our manager.

Can't think of any boss who has done a good job when they took a job because "oh well, it wasn't the one I wanted but meh"

More than willing to be corrected on that front.

Ordinarily I'd agree. But with our recent history we have to accept the job needs to be sold to anyone half decent. Otherwise it's back to searching the desperado bucket.

I think people have got way ahead of themselves on this thread. Other than a few miserable lines from Alan Nixon and the usual hype-merchants on here there has been precious little to indicate a deal for Lambert is close, or indeed that he is 'the chosen one' at all.

On the other hand, we do sadly have five years experience of Venkys ineptitude to go on, and the longer this drags on, the more it seems we're heading for the same old rubbish.

Also, what about that Shaw rumour? Proper old rollicks, it would seem.

Glad to see someone else is of the same opinion. Alan Nixon has a proven history of being wrong on a regular basis. He is simply paid to make up stories that sell papers. To describe him as a journalist is really stretching it.

Best thing to do is sit back and wait for the club announcement. I'm of the opinion the Raos will be at either end of the spectrum and get things spectacularly right, for once, if, as usual, make s complete balls of it. There's no real evidence to suggest which.

Don't think there's any evidence to suggest Lambert isn't coming.

Just about 72 hours since Bowyer was axed so not sure why anyone is hitting the panic button yet.

I think it's now down to the minutiae (chicken s h I t stuff).

Will only start to worry come Monday morning if no announcement made by then.

Based on what?

There's no evidence to suggest Lambert is coming.

I truely hope it is Lambert as in his early days st Villla I often thought there's a man you'd want in charge of your club. A bit like Mafk Hughes in that respect, a decent individual who knows his job. I'm not holding my breath though.

The LT latest article names 'Sunhail Pasha' as the venkys inside man/fixer at ewood, aside from he fact that actually seems to be doing a good job what do we know about this bloke?(even google turned up nothing of note)

There is a twitter account in that name(@pashasapps) that only has a few followers and a few he's following, tellingly though those he's following are andy cryer, chris flanagan, onerovers and a few other sports related members, no visible tweets though.

He could be waiting for more info on the likelihood of us actually coming out of the embargo before committing, didn't Nixon say there was a meeting due about it ?

Or we could very well be being played by Lamberts people to smoke out the very best deal from Fulham or Qpr. Maybe we are playing along quite happily for a bit of publicity whilst our people sift through the 30+ to 1 shots and spread their bets.

We've had these scenarios before so can't blame people for being suspicious :(

its depressing reading half of the stuff in this thread and seeing how cynical we've become.

It is. I'm a WUM, didn't you know?

Anyway, FFP aside, Venkys could buy QPR and Fulham for cash. Let's just get the effing thing done. We're spoilt kids, and therefore deserve an effing good manager. Let's do this and put B*rnley back in their rightful place - well and truly below us. That's all that matters.

Archived