BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2016. Who Stays? Who Goes? You Decide!

Amo

Do you think Wagner and Graham(if he signs) would be good partnership or too similar to play together?

Hmmm, there certainly would be plenty of power up there and in the championship there is a lot to be said for that. Wether they could for a good partnership or not is another thing and there's only one way of finding that out. Problem i'd have with it would be that it might encourage too many long balls and would lack pace. Even if we did get Wagner we'd still need a nother striker so someone with pace would be ideal to guve us options and variety. To be honest I dont think we'd get Wagner because teams like Koln and Werder will be interested given his recent form.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just imagine supporting a team that means you get excited over Chris Taylor signing for you. Frightening.

Just reading the comments at the bottom of the LT article. People need to get a grip if they think Taylor is a good player.

decent ,honest , hard working player , but if we have serious ambitions of being a top 6 team next year there is no place for him in the matchday squad , same goes for Brown Delfounso Guthrie Williamson

Shocking to give him a new deal last year - let's hope Lambert doesn't do the same for the rest of the dollopers

My mate spoke to Elliot Ward and he said to "expect big changes"... Think this is just the start.

My mate spoke to Elliot Ward and he said to "expect big changes"... Think this is just the start.

not exactly a surprise is it tho.

Listening to Lambert on BBC Radio Lancs, he wants a promotion next season and not a mid table finish.

I guess he will be meeting the owners next week to discuss plans and funds for next season.

surely Henley, Kilgallon, Eastwood, Taylor, Guthrie, Delfouneso will all leave this summer

not exactly a surprise is it tho.

Listening to Lambert on BBC Radio Lancs, he wants a promotion next season and not a mid table finish.

I guess he will be meeting the owners next week to discuss plans and funds for next season.

surely Henley, Kilgallon, Eastwood, Taylor, Guthrie, Delfouneso will all leave this summer

Everybody throws Kilgallon's name in the bucket because he doesn't play these days but he is a far better player than that. Plenty thought he should have been first choice rather than Duffy but we didn't go that way and his career at Ewood would seem to be over.

I don't think he deserves to be lumped in with the dollapers though.

Everybody throws Kilgallon's name in the bucket because he doesn't play these days but he is a far better player than that. Plenty thought he should have been first choice rather than Duffy but we didn't go that way and his career at Ewood would seem to be over.

I agree with you on Kilgallon

The obvious problem with Kilgallon is his injury record, you can't keep giving him a contract in the hope he may get fit.

As for Henley, saw him coming out of the chippy near me on Wednesday evening, didn't strike me as being the best place for a professional athlete to be. Its not even a good chippy.

Lets hope Lambert can get people signed up early in the summer.

The obvious problem with Kilgallon is his injury record, you can't keep giving him a contract in the hope he may get fit.

As for Henley, saw him coming out of the chippy near me on Wednesday evening, didn't strike me as being the best place for a professional athlete to be. Its not even a good chippy.

This bit cracked me up!

They should be feeding him raw steak and sending him on an Army boot camp to man him up a bit.

I can see a total overhaul.

Out: Henley, Williamson, Brown, Taylor, Delfo, Sullivan, EAstwood, Gomez and possibly Guthrie (although I would keep him).

Players that will be coveted by other teams: Hanley, Duffy, Graham and Marshall.

Renewal of contract Spurr.

Kilgallon has been named on the bench a lot though. He's not been injured in the same way Lowe has. Anyway I wasn't suggesting a new contract, I was just saying he's not a bad player, unlike say, Delfuenso. If he stayed as cover I wouldn't be upset.

There is no point getting worked up about it in March, they have seemingly made a decision to try and turn the club around by appointing Lambert, so we can only presume that this is still their plan until we something different in the summer.

Though saying all that, do I expect a decent budget? No, not at all.

There is no point getting worked up about it in March, they have seemingly made a decision to try and turn the club around by appointing Lambert, so we can only presume that this is still their plan until we something different in the summer.

Though saying all that, do I expect a decent budget? No, not at all.

Reading between the lines in Lambert's interview it's a decent budget or he may as well walk... There's been numerous times in football where it's been a case of right man for the job but wrong time or wrong club or wrong ownership and it hasn't worked out....

• Backroom

Great signing for Bury, I don't mind Delfouneso personally. He always works his socks off and looks as though he can create the odd moment of magic.

I'd back him to score vs Shrewsbury tomorrow if he starts.

Archived