BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2016. Who Stays? Who Goes? You Decide!

Amo

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Delfouneso is nowhere near good enough, was gutted when we signed him in the summer and glad that he appears to be on his way out. His work ethic when he played was fine, but quality wise he's very poor and a symbol of our rapid decline towards the end of Bowyer's tenure.

If fonz goes why does the awful brown stay ?

I'd rather have fonz than brown st least he's scored

2 months Abbey and Brown is gone.

Don't know the situation with Delfy, thought he was actually injured, but maybe he had a renewal clause we don't want to trigger?

Anyway, neither are good enough, let's just hope PL is given the funding to ensure we are looking well above that level of player.

I thought Delfouneso was injured, too.

While far from the required standard, I can't believe he couldn't get in the team ahead of Brown.

He was.. the LET article states he returned from injury last Monday and played an hour for the development squad.

I think the Delfouneso loan is mainly about getting some games under his belt to get match fit.

With the intention of bringing him back? I hope not. It was at best a desperate signing in the summer. With the benefit of hindsight it was a desperately shyte one. I may be a lone voice, but I'd sooner have brown than delfounso. At least Brown is aware he's only fit for being a battering ram.

I can see a total overhaul.

Out: Henley, Williamson, Brown, Taylor, Delfo, Sullivan, EAstwood, Gomez and possibly Guthrie (although I would keep him).

Players that will be coveted by other teams: Hanley, Duffy, Graham and Marshall.

Renewal of contract Spurr.

Duffy ? ?

He should out of the door , cannot see anyone in a higher league placing than us , signing him ...

• Backroom

In a few games he was by far our best striker which says a lot about the others at the time.

Hard worker but not lethal enough good luck to him

With the intention of bringing him back? I hope not. It was at best a desperate signing in the summer. With the benefit of hindsight it was a desperately shyte one. I may be a lone voice, but I'd sooner have brown than delfounso. At least Brown is aware he's only fit for being a battering ram.

No, you are emphatically NOT a lone voice here!

As opposed to the hot shot Brown .

But if neither score consistently then who do you choose? I'm hoping the summer will prove to answer 'neither' to that question. But at least Brown is willing to be a cart horse no questions asked. The fonz does nothing well.

I'm no fan of either by the way.

Linked with Sandro Wagner again. Just been watching some Bundesliga and he scored against this week, I think his 7th in 10 games and he's in double figures for Darmstadt. Would be a decent signing, big, powerful, good finisher with his head... Very similar to Gestede.

Scored again today.

Amazed this hasn't been posted yet:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-mcghee-tony-watt-he-7603212#IXllD1vIV9hFr568.97

Unfit, poor mentality, yet Scotland pick him! Quite astonishing remarks.

You'd have to say on the evidence to date it must be 50/50 whether we do sign him. Lambert won't pursue this unless he's convinced he can be trusted.

Amazed this hasn't been posted yet:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-mcghee-tony-watt-he-7603212#IXllD1vIV9hFr568.97

Unfit, poor mentality, yet Scotland pick him! Quite astonishing remarks.

You'd have to say on the evidence to date it must be 50/50 whether we do sign him. Lambert won't pursue this unless he's convinced he can be trusted.

Did you read the whole thing? I'm actually more encouraged than discouraged!

Sounds like the sort of signing we would have made in the Hughes era and polished into a gem.

• Moderation Lead

That article is Watt being read the riot act to me, and a timely reminder he needs to work harder as he has the talent. If it doesn't work out for him by the end of the season, then he goes back to Charlton. Seems simple as to me. He's shown his ability in flashes, he just needs that consistency, and dare I say, the hunger to prove it!

Did you read the whole thing? I'm actually more encouraged than discouraged!

Sounds like the sort of signing we would have made in the Hughes era and polished into a gem.

Yes, I did. Yes it's encouraging how talented everybody thinks he is but it just spells home the challenge of motivating him and keeping him on the straight and narrow. Hopefully Lambert is that man who is able to do what others to date, haven't.

Yes, I did. Yes it's encouraging how talented everybody thinks he is but it just spells home the challenge of motivating him and keeping him on the straight and narrow. Hopefully Lambert is that man who is able to do what others to date, haven't.

I would have thought, that is exactly the risks on players, we are going to have to take in our present position.

Archived