BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Graham Signs

Welcome Danny, get a few knocked in lad and get us up there.

Need a song for him

I good song for him could be the Blondie hit Denis, Denis.

Danny Danny, I'm so in love with

Danny Danny He'll score a goal or two

Danny Danny, he'll scare the hell out of you ooooooooo

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That will do until March when it will be replaced by "Who put the ball in the dingles net, super Danny Graham" ^_^^_^

First I heard it, I thought what a let down. I hoped Lambert would think in a Dortmund mould. Quick, smll, young players, pressing high up the pitch. There are 4-5 Championship sides that play like this. I re beer Graham as immobile, static. But you think of poor quality of rest of squad, you think at least Graham will help us stay up.

Easier to get the crowd singing would be Danny Boy.

• 3 weeks later...

IMO these comments seem to back up the theory that he wanted the Rhodes money. It has always been a point of debate whether Rhodes goals make up for his lack of hold up play (or pace) - looks like Lambert may agree that the team is more important than one person topping the goal scoring charts. Only time will tell if he is right.

IMO these comments seem to back up the theory that he wanted the Rhodes money. It has always been a point of debate whether Rhodes goals make up for his lack of hold up play (or pace) - looks like Lambert may agree that the team is more important than one person topping the goal scoring charts. Only time will tell if he is right.

He IS right.

We had to do this deal. We not getting into the playoffs, so take the money and bring in a few players who will bring the overall performance of the team to a different level. The game against Boro showed, what can be achieved by this group, with a proper management structure in place

We had to do this deal. We not getting into the playoffs, so take the money and bring in a few players who will bring the overall performance of the team to a different level. The game against Boro showed, what can be achieved by this group, with a proper management structure in place

I don't disagree but we have to back the talk up with wins now. Enough to stay up and really challenge next season.

If the team scores scores more goals without Rhodes then when he was here, then the correct decision was made. It is that simple.

A lot of people got excited about last Saturday's performance and it was encouraging but we scored one goal for all the pressure applied. As a result we got 1 point instead of three.

More people have to start scoring....it was the same when Rhodes was here. Graham is the focal point as the front man so he has to take the burden of this. Its all good saying we need three or players to score three and four goals before the end of the season but in addition to this we really need at least one of them to go on and try and reach double figures.

I'm always rather bilious when praising Dyche but look at how many games they've won 1-0 in his time at the dingledome.

If we improve results based on transfer business - individuals can be forgotten.

If we concede aplenty, keeping/losing rhodes is a negligible discussion.

If the team scores scores more goals without Rhodes then when he was here, then the correct decision was made. It is that simple.

No. A team doesn't get any points for one man scoring goals. It gets points for drawing or winning games.

No. A team doesn't get any points for one man scoring goals. It gets points for drawing or winning games.

Yes but a team who has been struggling to score goals with a goal scorer in its team does not score many goals and we sell the goal scorer then nobody steps up to the plate the team ain't going to win games is it?

A team that is prone to making costly mistakes in defence and does not score goals is not going to draw either.

So to assess if the gamble that Lambert has taken is successful can be judged by the fact the team scores more goals without Rhodes than with him because chances are the more goals we score the better chance of getting points.

By the way, I suspect or hope Lambert is proved right.

Ewood here I come. RTID

Archived