BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Its outrageous when you think of the number of defenders we've used over the course of this season.

Elliott Ward

Gordon Greer

Tommy Hoban

Adam Henley

Derrick Williams

Ben Marshall

Jason Lowe

Stephen Hendrie

Charlie Mulgrew

Scott Wharton

Darragh Lenihan

Ryan Nyambe

Have all featured at some stage or another in our defence. If we had a manager with any idea how to sort a defence out that would be ridiculous enough, but combined with Coyle's ineptitude then its abundantly obvious why we are where we are. Some other clubs would have 5-6 names above rather than 12.

All resilient and strong teams are built on a solid foundation of a reliable, fit, regular defence that is used to playing three times a week for 90 minutes and know their team-mates inside out. How can we be expected to defend properly with such a collection of players thrown in all over the place at short notice. Its a patchwork, make do and mend job.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its outrageous when you think of the number of defenders we've used over the course of this season.

Elliott Ward

Gordon Greer

Tommy Hoban

Adam Henley

Derrick Williams

Ben Marshall

Jason Lowe

Stephen Hendrie

Charlie Mulgrew

Scott Wharton

Darragh Lenihan

Ryan Nyambe

Have all featured at some stage or another in our defence. If we had a manager with any idea how to sort a defence out that would be ridiculous enough, but combined with Coyle's ineptitude then its abundantly obvious why we are where we are. Some other clubs would have 5-6 names above rather than 12.

All resilient and strong teams are built on a solid foundation of a reliable, fit, regular defence that is used to playing three times a week for 90 minutes and know their team-mates inside out. How can we be expected to defend properly with such a collection of players thrown in all over the place at short notice. Its a patchwork, make do and mend job.

Other than Hoban and possibly Mulgrew which one of those defenders is Championship quality? None.

Other than Hoban and possibly Mulgrew which one of those defenders is Championship quality? None.

Scot Warton has potential and Lenihan is a good reliable squad player who can come in and play here or there when requested a young Nicky Marker type.

You're going to look pretty daft if he is genuinely injured and he doesn't move.

Yes because only a fool would believe he is being protected for a transfer at this point. What is daft is falling for the same trick over and over again.

Scot Warton has potential and Lenihan is a good reliable squad player who can come in and play here or there when requested a young Nicky Marker type.

It's not about potential or maybe one day being good enough JAL. Fact is they are inconsistent and not there yet, I genuine don't see anything in Lenihan to suggest he's anything other than average.

A motivated Marshall could do a job at right back.

So a motivated ex inconsistent winger? Might be able to do a job if he was motivated?

Don't you see it gents?

Mulgrew and Hoban are quality technical wise, it's there to see. The rest in that list wouldn't get into another side in the championship, they are poor, inconsistent or just not good enough (Maybe Yet). I think the last six years not only has the squad been significantly dumbed down in record time but even the supporters are just accepting who plays for the club. This used to be Blackburn Rovers, it just looks a collective rabble living of past glories these days, an absolute shell of what was once there.

Probably the fact we get them about players about to leave, and regularly have since they first came here.

Or do you need to be reminded of the 'injuries' to Salgado, Emerton, Nelsen, Samba, Jones, Roberts, Givet, Dann, Cairney, Hanley, and Rhodes every time he was subject to rumour?

Genuinely don't know what you're talking about.

K**n said "Nelsen is in a bad way, just been in to see him and he's in traction. He'll be out for a good few months"

* 2 days later, Nelsen signs for Spurs

* One day later, Nelsen makes his Spurs debut and plays 90mins.

*K**n "it's a miracle, I think I saw Jesus go in there earlier"

Seems legit

I think the last six years not only has the squad been significantly dumbed down in record time but even the supporters are just accepting who plays for the club. This used to be Blackburn Rovers, it just looks a collective rabble living of past glories these days, an absolute shell of what was once there.

Spot on Dunny. Venkys are very poor owners, surrounded themselves with poor advice, once accepted the advice are too arrogant to realise they where wrong, continued on regardless with said advice and god knows how many managers later, staring relegation in the face "again". Hopeless business people.

Either that or they are corrupt?

Another young donkey parsons unfortunately but bless your ageing eyes. No I'm not an agent. SAME applies to Raya nowhere near good enough though Scott Wartons a good lad is he not in the infamous Simon Conning stable that somebody mentioned a few days ago ?

I suspect that you would have written off the likes of Fred Pickering, Mike England and Keith Newton as they were finding their way as youngsters at the club. Your obssession with agents seems to be more important to you than the development of young players at the club. Both Nyambe and Raya have shown enough promise to be given the opportunity to develop with the senior squad. There are others too, who are showing great promise but who are represented by agents. I assume anyone with an agent you disapprove of you would happily let go? Agents are part and parcel of the game and one can fully understand why players, particularly young players, would want someone to advise them and look after their financial and career interests.

I suspect that you would have written off the likes of Fred Pickering, Mike England and Keith Newton as they were finding their way as youngsters at the club. Your obssession with agents seems to be more important to you than the development of young players at the club. Both Nyambe and Raya have shown enough promise to be given the opportunity to develop with the senior squad. There are others too, who are showing great promise but who are represented by agents. I assume anyone with an agent you disapprove of you would happily let go? Agents are part and parcel of the game and one can fully understand why players, particularly young players, would want someone to advise them and look after their financial and career interests.

Those guys as you rightly say where making their way at the club at that time, but from memory which is a long time ago, Pickering was initially a full back, Newton a winger, and England a wing half. Collectively, along with Andy McEvoy who was also a wing half, they became known as Marshalls misfits. Can you imagine our current manager to see that potential, but that is another story. Under current circumstances our younger players need advice, as football is now a business, a horrible business with our owners, which in the times of Pickering etc. it was not the same.

Those guys as you rightly say where making their way at the club at that time, but from memory which is a long time ago, Pickering was initially a full back, Newton a winger, and England a wing half. Collectively, along with Andy McEvoy who was also a wing half, they became known as Marshalls misfits. Can you imagine our current manager to see that potential, but that is another story. Under current circumstances our younger players need advice, as football is now a business, a horrible business with our owners, which in the times of Pickering etc. it was not the same.

You're absolutely correct in that youngsters need advice which is where agents come in - doing the best they can for their clients. When Fred and the rest were youngsters the maximum wage was just about to be scrapped and Fred left after going on international duty and realising what others were being paid in comparison to him - hence his transfer request and move to Everton. Jal seems to have a particular problem with agents and in particular those who represent foreign players. Yet I look back at some of the foreign players that have represented the Rovers over the years and they have acquired legendary status at Ewood. I'm sure he would have sent Tugay packing if he didn't like his agent.

All I'm asking is that the agent is penned in with the players name and money taken from the club to the agent is clearly shown. Is that too much parsons ?

Change the mindset parsons let the supporters know more about the goings on at their respective clubs, build a picture of which agent does better than another for any particular club then you'll soon weed out the bad ones or be very wary of certain ones.

Restrictions also from the governing body should be in place on the numbers of foreign players allowed to allow more British players to develop.

Newton originally a centre-back I thought?

You're absolutely correct in that youngsters need advice which is where agents come in - doing the best they can for their clients. When Fred and the rest were youngsters the maximum wage was just about to be scrapped and Fred left after going on international duty and realising what others were being paid in comparison to him - hence his transfer request and move to Everton. Jal seems to have a particular problem with agents and in particular those who represent foreign players. Yet I look back at some of the foreign players that have represented the Rovers over the years and they have acquired legendary status at Ewood. I'm sure he would have sent Tugay packing if he didn't like his agent.

What about Anderson ? Scum

It's all going a bit daft in China isn't it? £300m bid for Ronaldo, knocked back by Real apparently.

The star power of Beckham raised awareness and brand recognition of the MLS. As obscene as the money is, how else are China supposed to compete with the rest of the footballing world?

Archived