BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich At Home 15.10.16

Abs it was discussed and arranged at the Proactive meeting and volunteers sought and was detailed in the minutes

http://venkysout.com/general-supporters-meeting-minutes/

Back to the game - once for Mercer - banker draw if ever there was one

Maybe but I have had my name down for leafleting since KGH but then to announce it 48 hours before means I applied for overtime for Saturday already because nothing had been arranged.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team for this game would be

Steele

Marshall Greer Hoban Williams

Samuelsen Guthrie Evans Conway

Emnes Gallagher

Subs:- Raya Brown Lenihan Bennett Mahoney Stokes Graham

Rovers to win 2 nil with Gallagher getting both.

. Yep think I would go with that team.

Maybe but I have had my name down for leafleting since KGH but then to announce it 48 hours before means I applied for overtime for Saturday already because nothing had been arranged.

Fair point Abbey, even I thought they had got enough volunteers for this as it had not been shouted up since the meeting

Who has your name down though for leafleting as may be worth lodging details with Paul @ BRAG if its not them ?

Absolutely nothing to fear here.

We are playing a team lying 16th in the league who, apart from their first match of the season, have failed to score in 5 of their last 10 matches and scored only 1 goal in each of the other 5 games. Rovers' defence will be boosted by the absence of Lowe, IMV, one of the worse players ever to wear a blue and white shirt in decades of watching Rovers, and I therefore think that even our frail rearguard will restrict Ipswich to a maximum of 1 goal.

I think Coyley's lads will have a bit too much for Ipswich and a win will put us just 2 points behind them.

Boosted by a little tip that delivered at 6/1 in the last race at Carlisle yesterday, I am going for a Rovers win at 31/20 by a 3-1 score at 25/1.

We are playing a team lying 16th in the league who, apart from their first match of the season, have failed to score in 5 of their last 10 matches and scored only 1 goal in each of the other 5 games. Rovers' defence will be boosted by the absence of Lowe, IMV, one of the worse players ever to wear a blue and white shirt in decades of watching Rovers, and I therefore think that even our frail rearguard will restrict Ipswich to a maximum of 1 goal.

I think Coyley's lads will have a bit too much for Ipswich and a win will put us just 2 points behind them.

Boosted by a little tip that delivered at 6/1 in the last race at Carlisle yesterday, I am going for a Rovers win at 31/20 by a 3-1 score at 25/1.

*Sigh*.............

The fact that you're still calling him 'Coyley' would suggest that you are indeed on the wind up. Never mind the prediction of yet another win.

I am expecting a decent performance tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing us play without the hapless Lowe very much indeed.

I will be extremely disappointed to see Feeney start tomorrow.I wouldn't't have him anywhere near the squad. I expect Coyle will start with Bennett on the right with Marshall behind and Samuelson to come on around the 65 minute mark. I expect us to tear into them from the off and work hard for a clean sheet.

2-0 Rovers. Looking forward to my day tomorrow!

It'll be a tough game tomorrow as Ipswich are no mugs despite their League position. However, I think it's a game that is winnable and hopefully we'll nick a narrow win. Defeat tomorrow and/or against Forest on Tuesday and the manager will surely be under pressure.

Me; I rely on Friday's "Metro" on the bus to tell me who we're playing any given weekend.

With the exception of the Wolves' game which I was going to come to. Until it was switched to a tea-time game which makes it impossible for me because of the restrictions of public transport.

However, I have a Wolves-supporting former colleague living not too far away who usually came to our games. Once this year's game was re-scheduled for tv, he suggested that I go to his house and watch it on their HD TV. As the package included Saturday tea made by his wife, how could I refuse?

It may only be the price of a Pensioners' ticket lost to the club but it's the general apathy towards the club that I [never thought I'd] feel. :(

Its time for all the talking to stop and for the results to come. Anything less than 4 points from these two home games would be a disaster and ought to result in alternative managers being identified by our 'Director' Cheston and his invisible, silent sidekick.

Both Ipswich and Forest are in poor form. Ipswich can't score, Forest can't defend.

For a manager like Coyle, who ought to be under intense pressure to get a couple of wins to propel us up the league, he couldn't have asked for a better 2 games to have at home. However, the trouble with Rovers is that we are usually the sort of side that these teams bang out of form want to come and play against to turn their seasons around.

I really hope I'm wrong, but the best I can see tomorrow is a 1-1. More likely it will be a 0-1 defeat. Rovers will enjoy the majority of possession and opportunities but Ipswich will defend well and we'll find a way to concede out of nothing.

It'll be a tough game tomorrow as Ipswich are no mugs despite their League position. However, I think it's a game that is winnable and hopefully we'll nick a narrow win. Defeat tomorrow and/or against Forest on Tuesday and the manager will surely be under pressure.

Why post things like we are a normal club and pressure will be applied . How deep are your connections ? Coyle is Kean 2 & is under no pressure whatsoever apart from to take it up the arse from venkyscum .

Notice how he's changed his tune on Samuelson now after the fans moaned at Brum and he's kicked off in the press back home. He's also trying to take credit for the lads international performance claiming he told him to go and impress and he'd a chance. Why would the guy squeal so loud to the media if that was the case ?

If recent comments aren't getting all Keanism i don't know what is he's certainly aiming his stuff higher than the fanbase now. Hopefully after worming his way in he's feeling the heat a bit now. I've tried to lay off him as it's an arse of a job for anyone but then again if you've half a brain you sod what the owners think and just get your head down and try and grind out some results making the best of what you have.

A motormouth just gets you into corners you can't get out of eventually. Start delivering Owen or sod off !

Why post things like we are a normal club and pressure will be applied . How deep are your connections ? Coyle is Kean 2 & is under no pressure whatsoever apart from to take it up the arse from venkyscum .

It's a match thread Abbey - to discuss the match. I believe that tomorrow will be a tough game but one that is winnable. If we don't take a minimum of four points - and I believe we need six - from the next two games I believe that the manager will surely be under pressure. No inside knowledge Abbey, just an opinion.

Notice how he's changed his tune on Samuelson now after the fans moaned at Brum and he's kicked off in the press back home. He's also trying to take credit for the lads international performance claiming he told him to go and impress and he'd a chance. Why would the guy squeal so loud to the media if that was the case ?

Maybe Barry Bling thinks he's our player and has instructed Keoyle to play him in the hope of raising his value, to flog off in Jan

It's a match thread Abbey - to discuss the match. I believe that tomorrow will be a tough game but one that is winnable. If we don't take a minimum of four points - and I believe we need six - from the next two games I believe that the manager will surely be under pressure. No inside knowledge Abbey, just an opinion.

No need to be bitchy , I haven't been with you . Your not a mod so don't tell me what I can or cannot post .YOU are the one who posted off topic and posted about pressure in the next few matches NOT me.

No need to be bitchy , I haven't been with you . Your not a mod so don't tell me what I can or cannot post .YOU are the one who posted off topic and posted about pressure in the next few matches NOT me.

You asked me why I posted about the game and I replied. Simple as that. You can post whatever you like Abbey, I've no problems with what you post. It's a football messageboard and football is all about opinions.

Driving up tomorrow and will most likely go to this game. Has to be a home win else you would really have to hope that Coyle is under pressure or better still sacked. No idea what to expect no Lowe so that is good but I don't expect Ipswich to roll over, maybe a 0-0.

Depressing..

Abbeys correct though. Win, lose or draw, there will be no pressure on Coyle. It's that he was taking issue with and not your comments on the actual match.

Sadly I think you are correct.

Archived