BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle Away 26/10

It's so good to read such positive posts about Rovers again and a big thanks in particular Jumpin' and Revidge Blue, your posts have cheered me up no end as football wise it's been a miserable time to be a Rovers fan. Well done you guys and well done Rovers.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really enjoyed it I was sat in with the geordies for this one, my cousins hail from that part of the world. I thought we thoroughly deserved the win, for once Coyle got the changes right, the natives got very restless around me in the second half it was most amusing!

Brilliant post, especially the last 4 lines. My sentiments entirely and the game and whole match day experience did restore my faith in the "beautiful game" somewhat. If we can go to the runaway League leaders and turn them over, why can't we have a relatively decent season?

Having an established way of playing that the players buy into and that suits our skill set would be a start. So would having the same 11 out on the pitch for a few games on the bounce. A team of average players that have played together regularly will normally beat a team of stars that have just been brought together. Maybe both of those things are happening. We'll know if it's the beginning of a decent run after Saturday's game.

Be organised and rugged away from home whether it's Newcastle or Burton that's the key to survival. Go on a decent run and just watch the injured players suddenly come flooding back !

Tough test v Huddersfield awaits though....

• Backroom

What a difference in feeling to how I felt walking up from the concourse 1-0 down to Brentford last week.

Imperative that we don't let this slip now, we've been here before when we go into a home game with a bit of confidence and it can be dangerous.

I would suggest that playing in front of a decent crowd makes a difference too. It must be very hard to play at Ewood. If Venky's want survival in this league, then how stupid to alienate those who could help you achieve it

And the clubs approach to the Newcastle home game cat A+. The boot might well be on the other foot when it comes to that one.

Try to fill up the home stands Rovers !

Stunning result.

Before the game it struck me that teams which are in with a fight of staying up usually get a result like winning at Newcastle somewhere during the season.

Effectively these are the bonus three points which go some way to compensating for the losses at Cardiff and Wigan.

If Newcastle are being allocated the whole of the Darwen End then does that mean the game is going to me moved to a 12:30pm kick off?

Only the club claimed last season that if the away club got the whole Darwen End then the police demanded kick off be moved. Leeds and Preston last season were evidence of this.

This time round the Sky Sports boys have picked the game for their live coverage at a 3pm kick off.

I wonder whether the police will insist on a kick off time change this time or will they succumb to the will of Sky Sports and allow the game to be played at 3pm?

Amazing how 'safety' issues only apply as long as Sky Sports aren't involved.

If Newcastle are being allocated the whole of the Darwen End then does that mean the game is going to me moved to a 12:30pm kick off?

Only the club claimed last season that if the away club got the whole Darwen End then the police demanded kick off be moved. Leeds and Preston last season were evidence of this.

This time round the Sky Sports boys have picked the game for their live coverage at a 3pm kick off.

I wonder whether the police will insist on a kick off time change this time or will they succumb to the will of Sky Sports and allow the game to be played at 3pm?

They'll still get their money for policing the game so they will go with it. It's all about money with the police. Ask any motorist.

i wont be going even if they made it free....no more until they go

#VENKYSOUT

me neither Abbey but it didn't have to be like this. I'd still have wanted them out but I might have been able to carry on attending if other decisions they made had been sensible and looking to build bridges they've cut down

On the way back we were all of a mind that we are actually starting to look like a cohesive team- problem being that it has taken untill late November.

Only to be expected when we lose half our team each summer (plus others in the January window). Until the club begins to have any semblance of a plan, that isn't just 'sell anyone who can command a fee', we will be up against it each season and we will succumb to the inevitable sooner rather than later.

Amazing how they can't handle a potential 3-6k Nobbers but suddenly welcome 7.5k drunken Geordies for a holiday fixture.

I only listened so I will have to go with your view since you watched. I did say sounded like.

No probs USA.

It's just disappointing that when you get a good result folks are always looking for an excuse e.g. they made several changes, they didn't perform on the day, their coach ran over a black cat on the way to the stadium etc...

We've castigated the current manager (and previous one's) for trying to make excuses for defeats, Let's give this one some credit for putting out a team that actually did quite well.

BTW anyone who went to the game still suffering from vertigo?

me neither Abbey but it didn't have to be like this. I'd still have wanted them out but I might have been able to carry on attending if other decisions they made had been sensible and looking to build bridges they've cut down

Indeed up until Lambert leaving I was still reluctantly going but that straw broke me

No probs USA.

It's just disappointing that when you get a good result folks are always looking for an excuse e.g. they made several changes, they didn't perform on the day, their coach ran over a black cat on the way to the stadium etc...

We've castigated the current manager (and previous one's) for trying to make excuses for defeats, Let's give this one some credit for putting out a team that actually did quite well.

BTW anyone who went to the game still suffering from vertigo?

Not the vertigo the problem but walking up so many stairs.

But fully worth it to see a great win and performance

Not the vertigo the problem but walking up so many stairs.

But fully worth it to see a great win and performance

Being sat in with the geodies for this one was a real it was everyones fault except Benitez, the ref, rovers style of play apparently we should have just rolled over ( which I expected us to prior to ko)

That wasn't why the kick-off was moved for the PNE game.

To be fair that is all complete nonesense, we were scheduled to play Middlesbrough at home on boxing day last year with a 3pm kick off, they had the whole darwen end.

Even the year before, we played them on the 28th with a 3pm kick off and they again had been allocated the whole darwen end.

Archived