BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr Vs Rovers Fa Cup

Another solid performance that deserved the win.

The grief Coil got at Barnsley seems to have worked wonders, we could have yielded three wins since then only for the late equaliser for the Udders. That being down to their quality rather than the usual capitulation.

He most certainly got the message about tightening the defence up.

Special mention to the hoard of rowdy, noisy uncouth Northerners whose non stop singing from start to finish really made a big difference to the cup tie, loved all the old songs about players from the past and from happier times. Even heard one about Barry Endean.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal's name on the cup?

Just watched the highlights They could have been 4 down at our fierce rivals Preston. Oh well.

Speaking of plastics. Does anyone know the law regarding artificial pitches? I noticed one of yesterdays cup matches was played on one.

I was wondering if some got Bennett & Feeney mixed up yesterday seeing the contrast between those who went and the radio. Bennett played on the left i take it ?

Yes, Bennett was on the left.

Feeney was excellent in the first half. Had a couple miscues early in the second half, but then scored. I'm hardly a fan of Feeney's, but he deserves credit for yesterday's performance at least.

Bennett and Feeney were both good. Other than Greer and Williams making me nervous on a couple of occasions, there wasn't much to criticize from my view.

I want to avoid Stanley and the dingles like the plague. It's miserable enough round here without a local banana skin or drubbing respectively. Also I think any home game would be a bit of a farce sub 5000 home fans whoever the oppo.

From a personal point of view having already bought a train ticket to what should have been Fulham away I'm hoping for a London side away.

Trying to be organised doesn't always pay off. I should really learn not to book things in advance as this seems to have happened a few times over the past few seasons. We were lucky one year when booked a train for Millwall I think it was we got them in the cup anyway.

I want to avoid Stanley and the dingles like the plague. It's miserable enough round here without a local banana skin or drubbing respectively. Also I think any home game would be a bit of a farce sub 5000 home fans whoever the oppo.

From a personal point of view having already bought a train ticket to what should have been Fulham away I'm hoping for a London side away.

Trying to be organised doesn't always pay off. I should really learn not to book things in advance as this seems to have happened a few times over the past few seasons. We were lucky one year when booked a train for Millwall I think it was we got them in the cup anyway.

So it's happened to you before, and you still booked tickets on a day that stages the FA cup?

So it's happened to you before, and you still booked tickets on a day that stages the FA cup?

I know. Stupid eh. To be fair with the millwall one it was the quarter finals and train was booked 2-3 months before so would never have predicted a cup run.

As for this time totally forgot that weekend was also potentially fa cup 4th round. Even so with our cup prowess winning matches is also something I wouldn't factor in.

Fool me once...

Any lower ranked team, home or away, would do for me.

Rochdale, Stanley, Oxford, Wycombe, Millwall, possibly Fleetwood, Lincoln or Plymouth if they progress. Personally I'd like Wycombe away because I've never been. Even Wigan wouldn't be too bad.

If we're going to get a Championship or Premiership side then I'd like that to be at home, not just to give us the best chance of progression but also to avoid a long trek down the motorway to some bleak and distant venue. Someone like Brighton, Norwich, Ipswich, Watford or Middlesbrough would be depressing.

I don't subscribe to the theory of wanting a Big 5 draw so to be able to cash in on the tie and make some money. This is Blackburn Rovers, in recent years we've had a strong a proud record in the FA Cup and I'd like us to go as far as possible in it. Our presence in the competition ought to be more than an opportunity for a pay day, we should be aspiring to progress as far as possible and the best chance of doing that is getting League One/Two teams in the draw. If that means playing infront of 5,000 at Ewood but getting to the QF or hopefully one day the SF then so be it.

Would like to go to Millwall before Lewisham council bulldoze it and send them packing to Kent or any league 1,2 team away. Day out in sutton anybody ?

Only if the scum leave #justsaynotocorruption

Be up for both of them.

The old Den was something else!

Once had a sawn off pulled on us in a pub there ...real day out , non of this Nancy pambered modern away days

Archived