BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Qpr Vs Rovers Fa Cup

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been to 7 Blackburn games but ive never seen Rovers win before so i am absolutley buzzing. lol

We ve played some really good football though. The first half was all Blackburn, the second one we started better and we pleayed better until the penalty, after the penalty QPR started to press us a bit deeper , but we were solid at the back.

My man of the match is Feeney. he has fast legs and looks skillful.

Marshall was trying his best, honestly the guy was chasing everything. Same with Gallagher, he has some fight in him

Lowe did alright too. i though that he will be worse :D

I was not impressed with Apkan, i dont like the guy

Graham was not at his best too, but overall i am very glad with the performance.

#venkysout

Funny how radio commentators see it differently one of them was singing Akpans praises, up and down, solid and got a foot in. Also they liked Bennett today.

still dont understand why Man U vs Redaing and Liverpool vs Plymouth were/are on tv. Would have much better if Stoke vs Wolves was on tv and Millwall vs Bouthmouth aswell

It is in the FA cup rules that Man U must be featured on TV in every round except on the rare occasion they can not be arsed entering because they are chasing the $ abroad

Just been watching Sutton v Wimbledon. the pundits are saying the Wimbledon penalty shout was not one because the defender played the ball. I thought that you could not tackle from behind whether you get the ball or not. Am I wrong in this assumption.

Funny how radio commentators see it differently one of them was singing Akpans praises, up and down, solid and got a foot in. Also they liked Bennett today.

Well Bennett was alright, he did not create much in attack but he was helping in defence, i could not really see something special in his performance today, but he did just fine.

Akpan had a good 15-20 min and then just faded away. In the second half he was either too tired or just could not be bothered

A solid performance and one which fully deserved the victory. Feeney and Bennett were very good on the wings and defensively we looked good. Graham, as usual, held the ball up well and Gallacher was full of running. The centre of midfield remains a problem although I thought Lowe gave a better performance than of late. Always good to make progress in the Cup and good to see the manager put out a strong team.

still dont understand why Man U vs Redaing and Liverpool vs Plymouth were/are on tv. Would have much better if Stoke vs Wolves was on tv and Millwall vs Bouthmouth aswell

Probably for the pull of the TV audience or 'glory hunters' to put it another way, as they do (and did) seem like fairly obvious home bankers.

BBC Blackburn gave Bennett a lot of praise, echoing my sentiments that he provided much better balance. They directed a lot of thinly veiled criticism at Feeney, following up Kev G crucifying him for that horror pass when 1 up against Hudds.

I was wondering if some got Bennett & Feeney mixed up yesterday seeing the contrast between those who went and the radio. Bennett played on the left i take it ?

Could you suggest a couple of potential centre midfielders who we could get cheap. We need a ball winning midfielder and box to box midfielder in there.

Trouble is Coyle would still play Lowe!

Archived