BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QPR game

Mercer

Just now, Hasta said:

And you replied Yes to the question. 

Then you backtracked because it was pointed out that it clashed with your original superfan opinion. The Caveat you claim you added in your reply wasn't a caveat at all. 

If the the original poster believes the clubs situation will genuinely improve wiith a defeat in his situation then he thinks he's acting in the best interests of the club in his eyes. 

I think thats thats a fair summary so I'll stop going round in circles now.

No you did a Chaddy and it was you who backtracked on your original post as I proved, and the caveat was in my original reply. I did not backtrack, but yes it's better to draw a line under it as we are getting nowhere..

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Al said:

No you did a Chaddy and it was you who backtracked on your original post as I proved, and the caveat was in my original reply. I did not backtrack, but yes it's better to draw a line under it as we are getting nowhere..

How come your battling this but when i pointed out the facts to you, you tried telling the world i was on ignore and disputing what i put as b/s which other posters have since proved it's not?

11 minutes ago, Al said:

OK Al. Everyone can look back and form their own opinion.

For all the stick he is getting Al is quite right and dave is incorrect. A "proper" supporter should never want the team to lose. Firstly as Al has pointed out, you can never guarantee a loss or particular sequence of results will see the end of either Coyle or Venky's. Secondly and perhaps more significantly in this context it is plain Coyle isnt up to the job and should be gone regardless of the result or a late winner yesterday. The win merely kept alive our chance of avoiding relegation.

That's not to criticise dave particularly, his feelings are what they are, by no means unique on here seemingly and understandable to a degree given what has gone on over the last few years. However,  let's not dress it up and pretend that wanting your team to lose is right.

Didnt dave say he was very sad to feel like that ie he knows its not something supporters should want or feel. I personally still feel pleased with wins but if it were possible to guarantee that a loss would see the back of coyle and a new better manager appointed, id take it. Since its not possible to guarantee anything with this lot in charge i have to live in the limbo of being glad when we win but still feeling its somehow pointless

22 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My thoughts on the game was it was two poor sides.

Bringing on Mahoney changed the game. He has skills and took a man on. Also he put in a great cross from a free kick that someone should have got on the end of it.

Gallagher worked his socks off. Graham was lazy and looks unfit.

Lowe did ok at left back but not a left back. Nyambe did well at right back but still making little mistakes. needs to work on his crossing.

Fans starting chanting Coyle out and you are taking us down about 85/86 mins. Its look like it started in Blackburn End w01 and Jack Walker lower. Just look like Fans had enough. One fan on 87 mins in WO2 Part of Blackburn End started shouting alot of abuse towards Coyle. It was a proper rant..Don't know what Coyle said towards the Blackburn End but Senior was watching him from above the dugout. He sat there all game

why Preston? Ive just heard a lot of negative comments about his team performance today on the way home on BBC Radio Lancs

where this from please?

Sorry Chaddy, it was something from Micky Delap that I misread.  Saw his name and had the biggest hissy fit you have ever seen.

Hope I didn't create the same in others by my posting. Many apologies.

What a great driving run from Eliott Bennet in his own half in the lead up to the goal.

Two great strikes in the last two games now another positive move that led to winning the game begs the question why hasn't he been playing sooner.

48 minutes ago, JAL said:

What a great driving run from Eliott Bennet in his own half in the lead up to the goal.

Two great strikes in the last two games now another positive move that led to winning the game begs the question why hasn't he been playing sooner.

It was Liam Feeney Jal. 

1 hour ago, Al said:

Apology? Never mind just leave it.

Don't panic, Al. He was referring to Hasta's apology. No one expected you to apologise for telling Dave he isn't a proper fan.

Not sure what's wrong with you lately. You've really gone very very anti-protest.

Just now, Stuart said:

Don't panic, Al. He was referring to Hasta's apology. No one expected you to apologise for telling Dave he isn't a proper fan.

Not sure what's wrong with you lately. You've really gone very very anti-protest.

Too much emphasis on Al's use of the word "proper". In that context he meant an actual fan as opposed to "a superfan" etc.

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Hanks apology. 

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was Liam Feeney Jal. 

Cheers chaddy and Al my mistake credit to Feeney not a fan but if he can do that from a more central position then play him more central rather than out wide.

"proper supporter", not quite sure what an improper supporter would be. Some kind of mankini truss perhaps.

It's human nature to want this appalling nightmare to be over. I can certainly see the appeal of thinking short term pain for long term win. 

What I can't understand is attending and actually enjoying the matches. Not when this club is being demolished. Not when every decision taken by the owners is made up on the spot and does even more bloody damage than they did before. 

But hey ho,each to their own 

6 hours ago, Al said:

A proper supporter would never want their team to lose.

I wanted us to lose several times during Kean's reign when I was still under the illusion that they could sack him.

And I don't care who thinks that was improper.

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

For all the stick he is getting Al is quite right and dave is incorrect. A "proper" supporter should never want the team to lose. 

And proper owners wouldn't set the club up to fail at every turn, but here we are.

Archived