BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QPR game

Mercer

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of ironic that the first time I can remember Coyle making a substitution that has actually contributed to winning us a game he gets stick. Don't get me wrong he undoubtedly deserves it for plodding through 29 league games and only gaining 28 points. Today against one of the worst teams in the division we carried very little threat going forward and never really looked like scoring until we actually did. Given the way we played you wouldn't have known this was a team in a relegation fight in a winnable game at home. I agree with what's been said on here and it was around the 85 minute mark, the collective patience of Rovers fans seem to snap at the sight of Coyle on the edge of the technical area shouting in his usual manner brought loud boos. This was followed by renditions of "Time to go Coyle", "We want Coyle out" and maybe most poignantly "Owen Coyle he's taking us down" something which the Wigan fans gleefully told us about back in August. The goal did nothing to stop the chanting and I fully respect that, a vital three points though it was in the bigger picture it changes nothing, get a better manager in and we will have a much better chance of survival, keep Coyle and it will be a close run thing. Players wise I think Nyambe is improving with every game at right back, Lowe strangely enough probably had one of his best games of the season at left-back, thought it was a strange choice at the start of the match given we have Mulgrew a natural left-sided player in the side. But the latter was probably better used in midfield, were I thought he had a mixed game, does show the occasional moment of class he's definitely one of our better players and we need to do our utmost to keep him fit. Bennett was lively once again, Conway not involved much, Feeney is a frustrating player to watch had good moments of skill, pace and dribbling. He seems one of those players who's good at carrying the ball forward but his end product is often poor. Graham wasn't involved much, two games in a week maybe too much to ask from him. Gallagher got the winner and in my opinion has probably been the main shining light for us this season. Mahoney had a promising cameo, as he did against Blackpool. Can't help but think he should be getting more minutes on the pitch given the quality of delivery he clearly possesses. Emnes was barely involved when he came on but ultimately set-up the all important winner.

11 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

The crowd turned today. And we will next week as well. All the best to chorley. 

Hence why i'm breaking the boycott next wknd. Massive game and Coyle aside i do not want us going down under these lot as it's game over it plays right into their hands.

No brainer, get a win which we damn well should do and it's 3 huge points. Get deservedly beaten and another dose of clownpants rank selections and tactics and he gets both barrels. I can't miss that.

1 hour ago, eddy11d said:

Why do you think d1ckhead? Bizzare? You're having a laugh, we we're sh1te against a sh1te side, how is that bizzare? Fans like you are the most annoying out of everyone.

Have a bit of respect eh, no need for that.

If you disagree say so but calling long standing posters, or any posters ********s is out of order.

Just now, blue kiwi said:

we won im happy as a pig in shat

Me too. Vital given that Burton and Bristol City pulled wins out of nowhere.

I'm staggered by the Coyle stuff. I thought he was too good an actor to let the mask slip.

Pleased he's stressing out after the suffering he's inflicting on us.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Hence why i'm breaking the boycott next wknd. Massive game and Coyle aside i do not want us going down under these lot as it's game over it plays right into their hands.

No brainer, get a win which we damn well should do and it's 3 huge points. Get deservedly beaten and another dose of clownpants rank selections and tactics and he gets both barrels. I can't miss that.

Ranting at Coyle was very therapeutic (at Barnsley), I even surprised myself with how much emotion and frustration poured out

Just now, A cup of beans said:

Ranting at Coyle was very therapeutic (at Barnsley), I even surprised myself with how much emotion and frustration poured out

Heard about his outburst at Barnsley after fans gave him stick.  I suggested elsewhere we should turn the screws to this joker as it might be our best chance for getting rid.  Sounds like today caused him to lose his cool again.  Keep it up lads and lasses.  Loud and proud let's have this self serving verbose fool use his mouth to get him fired

7 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Shocking game but a vital win.  At the moment results are all that count but we got lucky today.  I feel if we continue to stick with Coyle we won't avoid the drop.  QPR could and should have been two up in the first couple of minutes.  Our play lacked any sort of urgency considering it was a must win game.  Graham didn't look fit and Greer came off injured again.  Conway looks like his best days are behind him.  Nyambe had another good game whilst Mahoney brought some much needed energy to proceedings.  With other results going against us it was a crucial win but we are going to need to play better than today if we are to survive.  As Butty said, once the JW Upper (like the old Nuttall Street) turn on the manager you know his days are numbered.  Time for Senior to start earning his money and make the changes we need.

Parson, have the 100 Club turned?

Big three points in a awful match. Qpr weren't up to much barring the 1st five mines. When I saw Lowe at left back i thought we would be destroyed but in fairness he done ok. I thought Graham looked exhausted. Thought Mahoney was excellent. Great pace out in a few good balls into the box. Mulgrew I thought was good again. from where u was sitting qprs "goal" did look over the line but hey ho 

Was sat in Jack walker upper near the darwan end the abuse started around the centre and worked it's way around. 

Massive game next wk. 

It was a small step to keep our Championship status yesterday. we are still odds-on for relegation cos I do not think we will beat Rotherham.

The biggest crumb yesterday was that in Lowe(my man of match), Nyambe(really improving), Lenihan ( a real rock) and Mahoney(showed how you feel playing for your own team) we had 4/11 of the team from the Academy. Plus Steele and Mulgrew who we actually own!

There is quite a good League 1 side there

Just now, mhead said:

It was a small step to keep our Championship status yesterday. we are still odds-on for relegation cos I do not think we will beat Rotherham.

The biggest crumb yesterday was that in Lowe(my man of match), Nyambe(really improving), Lenihan ( a real rock) and Mahoney(showed how you feel playing for your own team) we had 4/11 of the team from the Academy. Plus Steele and Mulgrew who we actually own!

There is quite a good League 1 side there

That's nearly HALF of a League One side. Plus Lowe and Mahoney are out of contract in the Summer, so that leaves Lenihan and Nyambe. Mulgrew and Steele, plus Conway, would almost certainly be sold.

39 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That's nearly HALF of a League One side. Plus Lowe and Mahoney are out of contract in the Summer, so that leaves Lenihan and Nyambe. Mulgrew and Steele, plus Conway, would almost certainly be sold.

Mahoney out of contract?  Is this what we are doing, putting him the shop window?  Looking to off load Wharton too?  Are we going to start selling our youth long before they have been of benefit to us on the pitch and well under their true financial value amd all the while being a payday for over the hill crocks and has beens?  Be interesting to see how things pan out.

I would love nothing more than to see a team made up of home grown talent, at least we know they will put in a shift for the shirt.  Problem is will the agents who matter still make their cut.

13 hours ago, davefarnworth said:

Sad when I was happy QPR were winning on Sky. Wanted Coyle out like the next man. Disappointed we won at the end. Can't believe my emotions. Think after 53 years watching my club I really will walk away for ever. Shame. Thank you Venkys 

Sorry but I can't understand that attitude from a so called supporter. Please walk away.

13 hours ago, davefarnworth said:

Sad when I was happy QPR were winning on Sky. Wanted Coyle out like the next man. Disappointed we won at the end. Can't believe my emotions. Think after 53 years watching my club I really will walk away for ever. Shame. Thank you Venkys 

At what point were QPR winning?

9 minutes ago, Al said:

Sorry but I can't understand that attitude from a so called supporter. Please walk away.

If he believes the best way forward for the club is for Coyle to be replaced, and he genuinely believes that losing yesterday would have enforced that change, then he has the best interests of the club at heart. 

I can understand that attitude. Even though I still attend, my blinkers are off.

16 hours ago, bazza said:

Very poor display by us. Even QPR looked more organised and they are cr@p. We played much better last Wednesday.

With regard to their "goal", the linesman was standing at the corner flag and didn't signal anything. That's good enough for me. And, if the TV replay shows it crossed the line, then it's time Lady Luck was with us for a change.

I thought Lowe did extremely well playing out of position at left back. Nyambe is growing in confidence. Mahoney has to start the next game.

From being a miserable, moaning git at 90 minutes I suddenly transformed into a whooping, yelling madman. Isn't it a great feeling to leave Ewood with 3 points in the bag. I had forgotten what it was like.

Told you we would win at half time 

Archived