BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QPR game

Mercer

Glad to win in the end.

Need to stop either conceding or always conceding in the first minute of every home game though, what on earth is going on there? 

Brilliant to see and hear the crowd properly turn on Coyle towards the end, which rightly continued even after we scored. 

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stuart said:

It's barely got a mention on here but Coyle had his big fall out with the Rovers faithful today.

He got up to have one of his usual schreeches at the players and was roundly booed by the BBE. He turned to them and from where I was he looked to say "ah shut up" in a bit of a temper.

He then got a loud rendition of "Owen Coyle, he's taking us down" and "Coyle Out".

We scored and he clearly reacted at the fans including those in the family stand. My lad who had gone down to the dugout area DEFINITELY heard him refer to Rovers fans as "b@st@rds". The dingle mask slipping? Either way this guy should not be in charge at this club. A manager with a modicum of a clue what he was doing would be midtable with these players. What is it with Venkys and crap managers?

It is known in the SEM handbook as his Wigan moment, after his stable mate

Just now, Stuart said:

It's barely got a mention on here but Coyle had his big fall out with the Rovers faithful today.

He got up to have one of his usual schreeches at the players and was roundly booed by the BBE. He turned to them and from where I was he looked to say "ah shut up" in a bit of a temper.

He then got a loud rendition of "Owen Coyle, he's taking us down" and "Coyle Out".

We scored and he clearly reacted at the fans including those in the family stand. My lad who had gone down to the dugout area DEFINITELY heard him refer to Rovers fans as "b@st@rds". The dingle mask slipping? Either way this guy should not be in charge at this club. A manager with a modicum of a clue what he was doing would be midtable with these players. What is it with Venkys and crap managers?

Someone has posted on TheRovers Facebook page that they had a conversation with Senior and he came across as having a plan and Venkys backing but talk is cheap, actions to date have proven all of the talk as bluff and lies. We shall see but I'm expecting more of the same.

Anyone who believes a word that guy says is very naïve.

Funny old game football. Played well midweek and lost. Absolutely shocking today and won. A case of karma balancing itself out for once.

Terrible performance today though considering it was a must win game. No urgency at all and bizarrely enough the goal came just as the crowd had snapped and been giving Coyle some sustained stick for the first time this season.

To give Coyle a bit of credit thought he got the substitutions exactly right today.  Graham wasn't trying and Conway was trying but might as well not have been on the pitch. We only gained a bit of momentum when Mahoney came on.

Super run and cross from Emnes for the goal.

Vital 3 points which just about keeps the season alive. Rowett in, Coyle out.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Your joking we only paid 50k two/three years ago and after 5 games what do you expect? Training costs for what? 5 games hmm 150k?

Another Marsh/Hoillett situation "He's ready to sign" etc

Aye i forgot they signed him not long ago, oh well 150k is 150k as they say. It's a lot of money in India.........

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

It's 0-0 sky reported that qpr had scored as Washington had a header of the crossbar, sky reckon it had crossed the line but the linesman didn't give it

I was sideways on to that. I was well over the line and everyone around me agreed. I'll be interested to watch the highlights.

Just now, Al said:

I was sideways on to that. I was well over the line and everyone around me agreed. I'll be interested to watch the highlights.

The QPR fans didn't seem to be complaining too much though? I assumed it hadn't gone over because of that.

• Backroom

Hearing from one of my dad's pals (who has until today been VERY anti-protest -describing today as his 'Ince at Wigan' game) in JW Lower that Coil definitely shouted 'b@st@rds' at the BBE after the goal, adding credence to Stuart's post.

Kids and old folk don't lie about that stuff.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Tell you what, BBE Lower towards JW was pretty vociferous with 'Coyle Out', 'Owen Coyle you're taking us down' and '@#/? off Coyle' all getting chanted even after our goal.

Personally, I was furious with Coyle. This win won't change that. 

Mahoney needs to be starting.

It was chanted in the JW upper too and it takes a lot to get them chanting up here. Coil remarked about it on radio Rovers, in a roundabout way.

My thoughts on the game was it was two poor sides.

Bringing on Mahoney changed the game. He has skills and took a man on. Also he put in a great cross from a free kick that someone should have got on the end of it.

Gallagher worked his socks off. Graham was lazy and looks unfit.

Lowe did ok at left back but not a left back. Nyambe did well at right back but still making little mistakes. needs to work on his crossing.

Fans starting chanting Coyle out and you are taking us down about 85/86 mins. Its look like it started in Blackburn End w01 and Jack Walker lower. Just look like Fans had enough. One fan on 87 mins in WO2 Part of Blackburn End started shouting alot of abuse towards Coyle. It was a proper rant..Don't know what Coyle said towards the Blackburn End but Senior was watching him from above the dugout. He sat there all game

2 hours ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I can see Mahoney going at the end of the season, maybe somewhere like Preston ?

why Preston? Ive just heard a lot of negative comments about his team performance today on the way home on BBC Radio Lancs

1 hour ago, 4000Holes said:

Just, very briefly, seen on twitter that the evil one was there today.  Tell me that is not right because Steve K being anywhere near our football club would be the final straw.  Already can't take much more.

where this from please?

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The QPR fans didn't seem to be complaining too much though? I assumed it hadn't gone over because of that.

According to Kamara on sky, the replays showed the ball was clearly over the line.

Just now, preston blue said:

I had Radio Lancs on driving back from a cracking game at Chorley and they said Rovers were lucky, QPR had a decent goal not counted and even a goal fro, Rovers did not stop the abuse towards Coyle.

Radio Lancs were wrong then PB. Rovers were the better of the two poor sides. Neither really created chances of any quality. The QPR "goal" came from terrible defending as the QPR player had a free header on the six yard box. Whether it crossed the line or not I don't know. 

The abuse towards Coyle was odd. There had been no singing or chanting from the BBE up till the 85th minute or so. Then suddenly the booing started for 2-3 minutes. It was coming from the JWL as well. For 85 minutes there was nothing, no support, no protest. Nothing. 

Just now, Paul said:

Radio Lancs were wrong then PB. Rovers were the better of the two poor sides. Neither really created chances of any quality. The QPR "goal" came from terrible defending as the QPR player had a free header on the six yard box. Whether it crossed the line or not I don't know. 

The abuse towards Coyle was odd. There had been no singing or chanting from the BBE up till the 85th minute or so. Then suddenly the booing started for 2-3 minutes. It was coming from the JWL as well. For 85 minutes there was nothing, no support, no protest. Nothing. 

You were there Paul so I will take your word for it.  The reaction of the crowd so late on is somewhat strange.

Archived