Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QPR game

Mercer

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
18 minutes ago, Paul said:

Radio Lancs were wrong then PB. Rovers were the better of the two poor sides. Neither really created chances of any quality. The QPR "goal" came from terrible defending as the QPR player had a free header on the six yard box. Whether it crossed the line or not I don't know. 

The abuse towards Coyle was odd. There had been no singing or chanting from the BBE up till the 85th minute or so. Then suddenly the booing started for 2-3 minutes. It was coming from the JWL as well. For 85 minutes there was nothing, no support, no protest. Nothing. 

I think folk just got fed up and a lot of anger got released by seeing others angry in the same way. I could hear the chanting (just) over the goal music too.

Very poor display by us. Even QPR looked more organised and they are cr@p. We played much better last Wednesday.

With regard to their "goal", the linesman was standing at the corner flag and didn't signal anything. That's good enough for me. And, if the TV replay shows it crossed the line, then it's time Lady Luck was with us for a change.

I thought Lowe did extremely well playing out of position at left back. Nyambe is growing in confidence. Mahoney has to start the next game.

From being a miserable, moaning git at 90 minutes I suddenly transformed into a whooping, yelling madman. Isn't it a great feeling to leave Ewood with 3 points in the bag. I had forgotten what it was like.

1 hour ago, 4000Holes said:

Just, very briefly, seen on twitter that the evil one was there today.  Tell me that is not right because Steve K being anywhere near our football club would be the final straw.  Already can't take much more.

think it was a different KEAN, Roy was spotted out side before the game don't think he will have been too impressed .

A poor display from both sides but in the end we managed to get the job done. It's been a long time since we last won a game in the last few minutes and those sort of results are what could be the difference at the end of the season, as could squandering points against the likes of Leeds in the last few minutes.

I felt we were the better side in the second half and QPR were very poor, though neither side created much at all and it had 0-0 written all over it. Neither side showed much urgency or threat in the final third, I never really felt QPR looked dangerous or likely to score although we seem to have a habit of presenting the opposition with glorious chances in games.

A crucial win with Bristol, Burton and Forest all winning. I felt 6 points was the requirement from this weekend and next and I stick by that.

8 minutes ago, ad0102 said:

The abuse started in the JW Upper and quickly spread to other areas of the ground.  Was not as a result of any organised group as far as I could see

Bloody hell, you know it's bad when the JW Upper are starting off abuse at Coyle but good on them! Our only hope of staying up is if Coyle goes. He's really dug his own grave after today by turning on the fans, I'm sure word will get round to Senior about that and we'll see how much power this guy really has in the coming days if he gets rid of the Dingle. Gunna enjoy my night out down Burnley a lot more tonight after today's results! Cheers lads. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Radio Lancs were wrong then PB. Rovers were the better of the two poor sides. Neither really created chances of any quality. The QPR "goal" came from terrible defending as the QPR player had a free header on the six yard box. Whether it crossed the line or not I don't know. 

The abuse towards Coyle was odd. There had been no singing or chanting from the BBE up till the 85th minute or so. Then suddenly the booing started for 2-3 minutes. It was coming from the JWL as well. For 85 minutes there was nothing, no support, no protest. Nothing. 

Seriously Paul we weren't. They should have had a couple in the first 5 minutes and only Steele was making saves in the second half. We were pants.

Shocking game but a vital win.  At the moment results are all that count but we got lucky today.  I feel if we continue to stick with Coyle we won't avoid the drop.  QPR could and should have been two up in the first couple of minutes.  Our play lacked any sort of urgency considering it was a must win game.  Graham didn't look fit and Greer came off injured again.  Conway looks like his best days are behind him.  Nyambe had another good game whilst Mahoney brought some much needed energy to proceedings.  With other results going against us it was a crucial win but we are going to need to play better than today if we are to survive.  As Butty said, once the JW Upper (like the old Nuttall Street) turn on the manager you know his days are numbered.  Time for Senior to start earning his money and make the changes we need.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Shocking game but a vital win.  At the moment results are all that count but we got lucky today.  I feel if we continue to stick with Coyle we won't avoid the drop.  QPR could and should have been two up in the first couple of minutes.  Our play lacked any sort of urgency considering it was a must win game.  Graham didn't look fit and Greer came off injured again.  Conway looks like his best days are behind him.  Nyambe had another good game whilst Mahoney brought some much needed energy to proceedings.  With other results going against us it was a crucial win but we are going to need to play better than today if we are to survive.  As Butty said, once the JW Upper (like the old Nuttall Street) turn on the manager you know his days are numbered.  Time for Senior to start earning his money and make the changes we need.

You get the feeling that Senior knows that his only chance of credibility with the fans would be to oversee the removal of Coyle AND bring in somebody competent.  Not only that but have said person 'in place' not like the farce of summer.

Really does make you wonder who appointed Coyle!

As Parson says, once the Jack Walker get on your back, you've had it!  He's done well to go so long with so little grief in my humble opinion.

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If there's anyone who ACTUALLY heard Coyle swear at fans, why not complain to the club? Surely a case for bringing the club into disrepute by swearing at 'customers'?

We are still owned by Venky's apparently so remember Kean> Tantrun at the end of the Wigan game > New contract

32 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If there's anyone who ACTUALLY heard Coyle swear at fans, why not complain to the club? Surely a case for bringing the club into disrepute by swearing at 'customers'?

Especially as he's next to the family stand:o

Can some one dig out the old "No swearing, thanks Don" sign and place outside the dug out!!

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Why do you think d1ckhead? Bizzare? You're having a laugh, we we're sh1te against a sh1te side, how is that bizzare? Fans like you are the most annoying out of everyone.

• Backroom
Just now, eddy11d said:

Why do you think d1ckhead? Bizzare? You're having a laugh, we we're sh1te against a sh1te side, how is that bizzare? Fans like you are the most annoying out of everyone.

Great way to convince him he's wrong, by using insults. Top notch.

Just now, Mike E said:

Great way to convince him he's wrong, by using insults. Top notch.

He's insulting every fan that was chanting today. Please explain to me how it was 'bizzare' Mike? He's trying to demean the organic protests that (finally) happened, he's a complete disgrace. Tell me why I'm wrong instead of saying I'm insulting him, I literally couldn't care less if I'm insulting him, he just insulted me.

31 minutes ago, preston blue said:

Just seen the "highlights" on telly.

It was a QPR goal.

Great goal from Rovers.

how many were on today:  5,000?

The crowd turned today. And we will next week as well. All the best to chorley. 

21 minutes ago, eddy11d said:

Thanks for the well thought out and considered response. 

3 minutes ago, renrag said:

There is no way anyone can possibly say it was or was not a goal based on the angle of the tv pictures. The only clue that it may have been over the line was the quick glance Mulgrew gave across to the linesman as he cleared. A bit like a batsman who knows he has edged it towards the slips

Looks like you can see the line in front of the ball when they froze the picture - seemed a goal to me. Couldn't care less though, at the end of the day the three points are on the board and that's what we needed.

Was hoping to make it down today, but extenuating circumstances meant I couldn't afford it. Will be back for the United game, and Wigan after that. Massive run of games coming up with Rotherham and Burton away, Wigan and Cardiff at home - I reckon we need 12/12 from them or we're a League One team next season.

Archived