SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby at home

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Right after composing myself a bit:

Steele - absolute clownshoes, can't kick, can't catch, can't control a box.

Full backs - either could have been man of the match for me

Centre halves - few shaky moments but an exceptional block from Mulgrew who is our classiest player by far

Feeney - good running, iffy decision making at times, good performance

Lowe - poor and panicked on the ball but a stunning block 

Guthrie - booked early on but put himself about till he tired

Conway - poor balls from him, got into some good positions though and did what mattered when it mattered

Gallagher - did brilliant to get in front of his man for the penalty, great workrate but  was never scoring tonight 

Emnes - some good hold up play interlaced with bad decision making, should have scored.

Bennett - was needed in the middle - good sub at a good time 

Mahoney - couldn't make an impact but did a mature job

Tomlinson - helped see the game out - another really good substitution 

Enjoyed how angry Mowbray got at every poor decision we made, no pointless clapping on show!

We got lucky a couple of times but maybe earned that, I think we panicked a bit when we scored and could have kept the ball a better, not vintage but that could be absolutely priceless.

Dullest first half I've seen all season but Mowbray seems to have had a game plan. Managed to nick the goal and then defended for dear life. We got the run of things tonight as Derby could have got two towards the end with a couple of shots in the box and then hitting the bar at the death.

Hopefully Mowbray is a lucky manager, if not a great one because lucky managers get those sorts of breaks. Nowhere near out of the woods yet but a step in the right direction. Still feel that we need to win against Wigan and get a result against Cardiff.

Onwards and upwards and hope we can vary on paying wages. The Big Six offer does smack of a need to get cash in the door now.

• Backroom
Just now, Gav said:

How can Steele be getting hammered when he kept a clean sheet? only on brfcc :lol:

Not saying he's the best keeper in the world but come on chaps.

He didn't save a shot that wasn't directly at him, one of them he spilled, went to punch and missed when he should have caught, didn't come for 2 balls he should have and put us under pressure with his kicking. Otherwise he was fine.

Just now, Gav said:

How can Steele be getting hammered when he kept a clean sheet? only on brfcc :lol:

Not saying he's the best keeper in the world but come on chaps.

I assume you weren't there Gav.

Spilled a shot straight at him first half.

Failed to come out and clear a ball that was his all day long, almost resulting in Derby scoring.

Kicked everything in to touch.

Completely missed a punch second half.

He has no strengths.

Happy with the points but this lad has lost us more points than he has won us this year.

Just home, got to say that first and foremost the result was all important, so well done you blue boys.

Steele - can't kick a ball for toffee, couple of shocking moments, but didn't let one in!!

Nyambe is growing in confidence and is looking like he's made the  RB position his own.

Mulgrew - my MOM, solid and calm, good performance.

Lenihan and Williams were ok. Feeney did alright but I cannot warm to the fellow, Conway is overweight, slow, but he scored so I'll let him off.....but not MOM!!!

Guthrie and Lowe were fine in CM. Emnes needs good players around him to shine, not his type of game today. Gallagher put a shift in.

Last 20 mins was shocking and you can tell the players are nervous, but we won, in front of about 7000 of the 'old guard'!

Well done blues, need the same result Saturday!!

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

He's been in the LT today praising the appointment of his old gaffer TM.

Maybe he'll keep his place.

As TM persevered with him for 3 seasons it's a fair bet we're stuck with him and he'll probably get a contract extension:angry:

Archived