BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

Finally, the Govt has published its White Paper on football governance. Rovers Trust welcomes this. Our initial impressions are generally favourable. The key recommendation of the Fan Led Review: the creation of an independent regulator.

Now that this has been endorsed and we believe this to be vitally important. Our hope is that legislation is brought forward as soon as possible to ensure the recommendations are brought in. We believe this to be good for supporters and football clubs in general.

• Like 4

The cynic in me says that this will be just like any other government backed regulator. Think rail, water, energy etc....

Let's hope not, and that the regulator actually has some clout in addressing the greed of the PL clubs.

I listened to the Crystal Palace guy - Parish - being interviewed on 5LIve at lunchtime. He seemed quite sceptical about.

Edited by Wheelton Blue

22 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The cynic in me says that this will be just like any other government backed regulator. Think rail, water, energy etc....

Let's hope not, and that the regulator actually has some clout in addressing the greed of the PL clubs.

I listened to the Crystal Palace guy - Parish - being interviewed on 5LIve at lunchtime. He seemed quite sceptical about.

If Palace were in the EFL I suspect his viewpoint might be somewhat different…

• Like 1

I think it will prove to be a good thing. From a supporter point of view I would like to have seen a couple of things in the White Paper strengthened a bit (e.g. the 'shadow board' is an expectation as opposed to a requirement and the 'golden share' likewise).

The Rovers Trust is well on top of this. We have had a lot of dialogue with the major players behind the scenes and many of the Trust's proposals have actually ended up in the White Paper. 

We will continue to lobby for improvements, as there is still time to influence the White Paper contents as it moves through the Parliamentary process.

So if you aren't already a Rovers Trust member, please join us. It only costs a tenner a year and the Trust will be the major strategic fan organisation in any Blackburn Rovers shadow board, that much is already clear. Details can be found here https://www.roverstrust.com/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Judge21 said:

Anybody know if the Rovers Reddies weekly draw is still in place? Not seen it on the trust twitter page recently and monies failed to come out of my account last month? Have emailed them also but no reply. 

This was run by the Community Trust rather than the Supporters Trust. We get this confusion sometimes. 

I did spot this on the club’s website which might answer your question…

https://www.rovers.co.uk/fans/rovers-readies/

• 1 month later...

It's off topic but Rovers are advertising for a new Head of Commercial. Does anybody know if it's to replace Paul Fielding, the guy we appointed from Hull who disrespected our history in a meeting with the Rovers Trust? Didn't he also insist that NFT's (or whatever) were the future?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rigger said:

Let's hope someone who is reasonable good at the commercial side of things, understands the local demographic, and who has the Rovers interests at heart, gets the job. 

There are plenty on here who would seem to fit the required skill set😀

• Like 1