BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray has already denied that the £1.25m bid quoted in that story ever happened. I think that was first reported on Sky too. Make your own mind up who's telling the truth.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15452376._There_hasn___t_been_another_bid____Tony_Mowbray_brands_speculation_surrounding_Rovers_defender_Darragh_Lenihan_as__total_untruth_/

First dose of humble pie for Mowbray if he does end up leaving. Groundhog Day- we all know what happened a year ago. Basically , it got us relegated .

A fraction will get invested at best - and that folks is why we are going absolutely nowhere under these morons.Believe all the hype , optimism and Sh1te through the Summer but the bottom line is always the same.

no idea why people keep seeing new dawns and grounds for optimism. It's all bull sh1t.

its not the selling that's the problem it's the continual lack of reinvestment .

it seems like the recruitment drive has morphed into loans and frees now anyway.

46 minutes ago, TBTF said:

First dose of humble pie for Mowbray if he does end up leaving. Groundhog Day- we all know what happened a year ago. Basically , it got us relegated .

A fraction will get invested at best - and that folks is why we are going absolutely nowhere under these morons.Believe all the hype , optimism and Sh1te through the Summer but the bottom line is always the same.

no idea why people keep seeing new dawns and grounds for optimism. It's all bull sh1t.

its not the selling that's the problem it's the continual lack of reinvestment .

it seems like the recruitment drive has morphed into loans and frees now anyway.

The article clearly states Mowbray saying that he told Lenihan he has a valuation. If that valuation is met, why would Mowbray eat humble pie? 

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The article clearly states Mowbray saying that he told Lenihan he has a valuation. If that valuation is met, why would Mowbray eat humble pie? 

Because prior to that he said he told him he wasn't going anywhere and had a responsibility to right the wrongs of relegation. I think he even went as far as saying  subject closed. He also said we weren't under financial pressure(!!!!!) to sell.

the acid test will be what gets reinvested because Mowbray also said he will raise cash if it means improving the team overall. That will be where the brave words of the owners backing his plan come back to haunt him . They are out and out liars and will take the money and leave him to swivel like they have done with the ones before him.

The incomings have gone conspicuously quiet  bar a couple of frees. You could hardly say we are being bankrolled back to the championship.

to be honest Bigdog , I don't even know why I am posting - it just winds me up talking about these cretinous owners and the puppets at Ewood.

• Backroom

Another midfielder? Seems like that shouldn't be high on the list of priorities but I suppose if an opportunity has presented itself 

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Another midfielder? Seems like that shouldn't be high on the list of priorities but I suppose if an opportunity has presented itself 

Must be a good one then, as getting another striker in should be our priority at the minute followed by a back up/first team centre half depending on IF (More likely when) Lenihan goes. 

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Could be centre midfielder or a winger to replace Feeney? 

In yesterday Daily mail transfer column said Feeney been told he can leave on a free. 

• Backroom

'Not ruled out new centre half', well we need one!

That being said, it seems we played a little better with Williams central and Doyle wide left, so at least we have cover.

Need a hard nut back there!

Just now, Butty said:

Must be a good one then, as getting another striker in should be our priority at the minute followed by a back up/first team centre half depending on IF (More likely when) Lenihan goes. 

Dont see Lenihan going. 

Maybe looking at Striker but cant find what he after at the minute

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Andy Bayes after tonight game

Tony Mowbray says #rovers hoping to sign a midfielder before the weekend. Craig Conway also back. Lenihan unlikely. Metatarsal injury.

Hope this will allow Tomlinson to go out on loan, he needs games.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rich Sharpe

Craig Conway expected back on Saturday. Mulgrew taken off as a precaution. Closing in on midfield signing. Not ruled out a new centre half.4

I'd have thought a Centre Half would be a priority, especially if Lenihan is crocked. Be interesting to see if we play with wingers once Conway if fit.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dont see Lenihan going. 

Maybe looking at Striker but cant find what he after at the minute

He wasn't even in the squad tonight, in recent years when one of our players is heavily linked with a move away and don't make the squad through a "slight injury" it usually means they are leaving. If we can get over a million for Lenihan I wouldn't be too fussed with him leaving as I don't think he's that good. He's just a solid enough player and if I thought the money from his sale would be reinvested then I wouldn't mind him going at all. 

https://audioboom.com/posts/6185852-manager-tony-mowbray-is-pleased-his-rovers-are-back-on-the-right-track

Quite a long (almost 9 mins) and comprehensive interview

Covers most of what Chaddy mentioned

Midfielder is a centre mid not a winger by sounds of it

Working hard on a central defender, don't need to risk Lenihan at the moment.

I wouldn't look for a centre mid myself, as many have said Mulgrew might be better there, but also surely Tomlinson is ready to be 4th choice by now.  I hope it isn't Gary Roberts, never seen him but a 33 yr old released by Portsmouth?

Archived