BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope Cory Evans stays and is match fit becasue we had nobody willing to put a foot in and win the ball back in the middle of the park.

dont know why we signed Dack if we were playing the ball over his head for 90mins 

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

What's Hudson's situation at Huddersfield? Surely won't be in the mix for a starting berth. Exactly the type we need, even at his age.

DATM some say he turns slower than a oil tanker he could definitely do a job in this league though.

16 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Rovers problem is they seldom function as a cohesive, collective unit - as a team. You could pretty much justify getting rid of most of the squad based on individual failings. None are world beaters! 

You turn up for work tomorrow and find out the company has been taken over by Indians. They've fired the board of directors and all the upper management echelon. The hooter goes for the start of work and what happens ? 

The only foreman left is running around trying to organise things. Some of the guys pretend to get the job going, some of the guys slope off to the toilets for a smoke, some of the guys put their feet up and get their mobile phones out, some  of the guys sneak off to the pub/bookies and don't bother coming back.

That in a microcosm is what you've got at Ewood Park.

I never saw this until today-from www.Rovers.co.uk..So it looks like he is staying then?.

The Scottish international has been handed the captain's armband for this season, and whilst he admits it was a proud moment to lead the Rovers out, he knows that it is all about performances as a team.

"It was a proud moment for myself to captain a club like this," he added. "I'm thankful for the opportunity.

I keep saying it, but Tony says you need 80 goals to win this league... who is going to score them?  

Lets be really generous and say Graham gets 20 league goals. Where are the other 60?

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

I keep saying it, but Tony says you need 80 goals to win this league... who is going to score them?  

Lets be really generous and say Graham gets 20 league goals. Where are the other 60?

Feeney will get 1, so at 59 more to find, a step in the right direction.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Samuel 14, Dack 8, Gladwin 6, Mulgrew 6, Whittingham 5 Conway 4, Chapman 4, New striker 4, Bennett 3, Evans 1, Feeney 1, Smallwood 1 Own Goals 2 Jason Lowe 1 (a 30 yard piledriver when he returns on loan in January)

Unfortunately we'll also concede 67 due to not sorting out the defence and just avoid relegation. MGPensioner still won't get it.

On 8/6/2017 at 09:54, RV Blue said:

After yesterday, I think we now need at least one centre half (I would get 2 in and push Mulgrew into midfield), one starting left back and a proper no. 9 (Joao would be great).

Can't see joao dropping to league one. It was his mate senior that got him the move to us last season. 

We do need cover for Williams at left back.

I don't think Mulgrew has the legs for midfield he's too injury prone 

1 hour ago, MGPensioner said:

On another note as I can't remember...

who decided to move Paul Warhurst up from defence to attack ?

who decided to move Chris Sutton from defence to attack ?

Just wondering if Mulgrew is the best striker we have or if Danny Graham can play centre half ? And who would spot that on the training ground ?

It never seems to happen these days . Jack Marshall transformed Andy McEvoy from a steady midfield player to a top class goalscorer and Fred Pickering from a very average left back to the second best centre forward I've ever seen in the blue and white. He also moved Mike England from midfield to centre half and Keith Newton from centre half to full back, both later became top internationals.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It never seems to happen these days . Jack Marshall transformed Andy McEvoy from a steady midfield player to a top class goalscorer and Fred Pickering from a very average left back to the second best centre forward I've ever seen in the blue and white. He also moved Mike England from midfield to centre half and Keith a Newton from centre half to full back, both later became top internationals.

The best one of these I ever saw was Bob Paisley converting Ray Kennedy from overweight and old fashioned centre forward to cultured midfield maestro.

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The best one of these I ever saw was Bob Paisley converting Ray Kennedy from overweight and old fashioned centre forward to cultured midfield maestro.

Didn't Brian Clough covert Kenny Burns from an angry and troublesome centre forward into a top centre half Andy?

Archived