SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Plymouth Away - 3rd February 2018

Kamy100

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DE. said:

I suppose Mowbray saw something in him at Coventry that made him think Samuel could be a useful player at this level. Hasn't really worked out yet and Samuel certainly wouldn't cut in in the Championship, so it wouldn't surprise me if he left in the summer whether we go up or stay down. Depends what we're paying him though!

That's the thing though he seems determined to try and justify it by either starting him out of position or putting him on whenever he doesn't start. Pointless.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Graham didn't turn up until the end of November and was being called all sorts on here by the majority of the messageboard up to that point.  Bennett has been terrible on the right wing all season and has only shown some form since being moved into the middle. 

A blind man on a gallopping horse can swe Conway is finished. As I've been saying all season it's highly likely Mowbray's over-reliance on his old favourites will cost us.

Our first loss in 18. Them bloody 'old favourites' haven't done too bad in the last few months.

Just now, Al said:

How many times? Conway is not responsible. Mowbray is!

Tell Rev

Ap2

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Proved correct - hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it. Before every match TMs selections have been questioned - then people either slip into the background when proved wrong - or come all self righteous when they think they are correct. It sounds like most players are playing poorly today with passes mis placed - don't see how Conway playing would make any difference.

How was Smallwood playing ? Do you know he was taken of to avoid a yellow card - or that having played mid week he thought Evans might bring some energy ?

Smallwood has been substituted a number of times recently when I didn't think he was playing badly. At first I thought it was an odd decision or two but its happened too often to be coincidental now imo.

What’s most galling is that we haven’t even had a ‘right good go’ at getting back into it. Can’t recall one decent opening or save from their keeper.

Horrible result and performance. Mowbray should justly get some tough questions from Bayes etc on his gameplan, and particularly his subs, but I won’t hold my breathe.

4 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

i cant see this lot winning the play off team full off bottlers this team is good enough  to walk this  league why is it not cause of tm i tried  to support him but i have had enough this 18 game unbeaten crap just been covering  the cracks

ofc today looks like shrewsbury will drop points and we go and @#/? it up as per normal  never make it  easy for themselves 

Ya,nothing like an 18 game unbeaten streak to paper over cracks..

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Bell and Armstrong have been anonymous today.

Bell was the only positive in the first half. Armstrong hasn't been anonymous; he's been bloody awful.

Plymouth have deserved this. Their players and fans were up for it from kickoff. Wondering if the preparations haven't been right for this one, as our whole setup looked tired.

Too many mistakes on our side. Plymouth have simply been the better team.

Armstrong and Bell are not gelling on that left flank, Armstrong keeps drifting towards the centre. In fact, all the players keep drifting to their natural positions. The team feels fairly unbalanced with strikers playing as wingers, a winger in midfield, and a left back at centreback. That's going to be a big problem for Mowbray moving forward.

Archived