BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

I would be looking this winger Hakeem Adelakun. Out of contract in a month. Got pace and skills. 

List of championship clubs who are out of contract in a month. (Dont know how up to date it is.)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2

Bristol City midfielder Josh Brownhill would be good. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

15 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Sunderland are perennial losers with an owner that isn't interested and a dwindling fan base. The only thing they have over us is a bigger stadium which actually i'd argue isn't a positive when it will be 20% full most weeks. 

As of a day or two ago,  Sunderland have a new owner, and as you must have missed in my post, I said if they are top of the league they

will have massive crowds for league 1, I reckon well in excess of 30,000 probably even in the 40k's towards the end of the season.

They'll all be back to watch a winning team, they've forgotten what it's like to do that up there and it's a football mad city.

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No. That's another Dave allegedly.

Rice is rated quite highly from what I understand. Infact I selected him at a late stage in the season for my fantasy premier league team. Might even do so from the beginning next season.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

As of a day or two ago,  Sunderland have a new owner, and as you must have missed in my post, I said if they are top of the league they

will have massive crowds for league 1, I reckon well in excess of 30,000 probably even in the 40k's towards the end of the season.

They'll all be back to watch a winning team, they've forgotten what it's like to do that up there and it's a football mad city.

Their previous owner sacked Chris Coleman and his assistant to 'clear the decks' before passing the club on. These new owners only came on the scene when the goalposts moved after relegation and Short wiped away his debts.

They've been linked with Alex Rae and Jack Ross. With due respect to those individuals from the outside looking in that tells me that money is going to be tight and hence why they are looking like gambling on young unproven managers from Scotland used to working with no money.

No question they've got potential and will get large crowds whatever the weather but that hasn't helped them at all in the last few years. Didn't stop little Burton finishing above them, just as it didn't stop them finishing above us the year before. That club is a graveyard - O'Neill, Poyet, Grayson, Coleman - all managers with good reputations damaged massively through short spells there.

Sunderland are a club with problems, as are we. A new name over the door won't instantly change that, just like a good season and promotion won't instantly change it here.

Edited by JHRover

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From nicko

Blackburn. Mowbray wants a couple of cheap ones or frees inside budget before a couple of loans. Try to keep inside annual payroll projection of 12m.

Blackburn wish list. Cover keeper. Cover centre half. Alternative right back. Midfield legs. Width. Striker. All bar a new left back. 

From Rich Sharpe. Ask him whether Nicko tweet is correct. His response was 

"there should be something from the man himself shortly."

Tonight Rich Sharpe will release an article from his chat with Mowbray today  

So taking the red top funsters figure at face value ,our playing wage bill (i hope that figure is just for the playing staff) in the championship will be 10 million less than the season we were relegated from it ?

Just now, perthblue02 said:

So taking the red top funsters figure at face value ,our playing wage bill (i hope that figure is just for the playing staff) in the championship will be 10 million less than the season we were relegated from it ?

Wasnt our wage bill 8 million last season? 

So thats 4 million pounds to play with? Or 80k.per week

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Don't forget the pay rises, bonuses and promised new contracts which will swallow a lot of the increase up straight away before any newbies.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I do not know what our wage bill was last season but highly doubt it dropped 14 million from the previous relegation season

Edited by perthblue02

Mowbray himself was quoted as saying our wage bill was £8 million or £8.5 million, I can't remember which but recall him saying it. Not clear whether that applies to the playing staff, all staff or includes the academy etc.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Give it a couple of weeks, and I reckon the Bradley Dack thread will be the busiest on this board.

Nixon will be revving himself up for that one. One thing he loves is touting our best players with transfers away.

Just now, JHRover said:

Mowbray himself was quoted as saying our wage bill was £8 million or £8.5 million, I can't remember which but recall him saying it. Not clear whether that applies to the playing staff, all staff or includes the academy etc.

Nixon will be revving himself up for that one. One thing he loves is touting our best players with transfers away.

Cheers , found the article 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/may/01/blackburn-rovers-tony-mowbray-india-puzzle-venkys

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Not sure what to make of that. It has left me feeling that this could be a long and tricky summer in the transfer to market. All I hope is that Chapman, Arma and a new centre midfielder are snapped up quickly, then anything else is a bonus. 

Cheers Tony

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, im very chill out and relax. Looking forward to the start of the season and Mowbray's signings. 

What stuff have you got right? Please list these. 

Hey Chaddy, I left school decades ago !

Not willy waving but I posted two previous 'big' exclusives over a week ago and you dismissed them as 'at best guesswork'.  Anyhow, enough of the playground stuff.

Clearly, I have more conviction in what, IMV, will happen as you wont take on the 2 * £100 charity bets.

Either stop slagging me off or put your money where your mouth is.  If I talk b o l l o c k s and get nothing right, what are you afraid of ?  As you have often said 'simples'.   

Edited by Mercer

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

From nicko

Blackburn. Mowbray wants a couple of cheap ones or frees inside budget before a couple of loans. Try to keep inside annual payroll projection of 12m.

Blackburn wish list. Cover keeper. Cover centre half. Alternative right back. Midfield legs. Width. Striker. All bar a new left back. 

From Rich Sharpe. Ask him whether Nicko tweet is correct. His response was 

"there should be something from the man himself shortly."

Tonight Rich Sharpe will release an article from his chat with Mowbray today  

The guy doesnt know what hes talking about, hence his need to cover every position to cover all bases, best to ignore him.

That article is a waste of time really on the official website, half of it is cryptic nothingness that can be taken as good or bad dependent on your frame of mind, and the rest is blowing smoke up the owners arse.

That said, its filling the website for 3 months, and I wouldnt want him to say the budget. It wouldnt surprise me if he had nothing to spend, but I dont care for words, I always judge on actions.

• Like 1

Just now, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

What were your exclusives? 

In the relegation battle last year, we had nothing to worry about and Rovers would avoid the drop easily.

And we would win every match 5-0 in the process.