BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 hour ago, Joar said:

It was fun while it lasted, this transfer speculation talk...

1 hour ago, Joar said:

1 hour ago, Joar said:

I've always said it was an echo chamber in here.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

While a lot of players instagram stories are them on holidays, Samuel has been posting a lot of himself in the gym pumping iron. If he bulks up and puts on some muscle, it will definitely help his game. Good to see 

Good indeed. I'm not writing Samuel off just yet. I doubt that he'll leave just 12 months into his contract and with so few other attacking options. If he can just get a bit mentally tougher then there's a useful squad player in there imo.

• Like 2

The interview with Mowbray was just about as positive as it could be. Mowbray clearly conducting the interview remotely, sounds like he's away on holiday with his family, but also sounded very excited about things. Short of announcing exact figures of money available he can't go any further than he has.

Sounds like one or two of the Venky bunch have got carried away with the success of last season which Mowbray has tapered by bringing things back to a steady building job. That's fine so long as the Indians understand that it might take several years of spending and losing millions before we're ready to do anything and even then there's no guarantee of success and they don't start selling everyone as soon as they get bored.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We didn't have a pot to p!ss in according to him yesterday?

Posted just after people were retweeting a Mowbray interview where he mentioned speaking to several Prem clubs recruitment depts. about possible loans ?

Nicko the Fake.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The interview with Mowbray was just about as positive as it could be. Mowbray clearly conducting the interview remotely, sounds like he's away on holiday with his family, but also sounded very excited about things. Short of announcing exact figures of money available he can't go any further than he has.

Sounds like one or two of the Venky bunch have got carried away with the success of last season which Mowbray has tapered by bringing things back to a steady building job. That's fine so long as the Indians understand that it might take several years of spending and losing millions before we're ready to do anything and even then there's no guarantee of success and they don't start selling everyone as soon as they get bored.

I hope they've paid for his holiday he's the first person since they've been here to actually deliver what they asked for and what he promised !

Apart from Bowyer who grew them 20 million worth of players to sell but didn't get promotion as well so got rewarded with the boot.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

While a lot of players instagram stories are them on holidays, Samuel has been posting a lot of himself in the gym pumping iron. If he bulks up and puts on some muscle, it will definitely help his game. Good to see 

That's the way it needs to go with him he just isn't a finisher but if he can develop himself into a hardworking target man type he can play a part and probably pinch a few goals. He still young enough to develop into something a bit different he just needs the right attitude and coaching. Good on him if he's buying into it.

• Like 2

• Backroom
6 hours ago, Mercer said:

My two £100 charity bet offers were specifically for Chaddy.

Chaddy always disses my contributions so my two offers of charity bets were a case of either put up or shut up.  I think his refusal to take up my offers underlines the nonsense Chaddy sometimes spouts. 

It's Bank Holiday weekend, the sun is shining and as a gesture of my goodwill, I will now make a £100 donation to a charity of my choice.  It would be nice if Chaddy made a similar gesture.

Happy Bank Holiday weekend to you all. 

It's only £50 twice, and £50 'isn't a lot of money'...

?

Joe garner 

Adam Armstrong 

Paddy McNair

Jack Baldwin 

Lewis grabban

Hakeem adulken (however it's spelt)

Otzumer

Sacko

Would be happy with a few of these . I do feel we definitely need a cm a cb and a striker .. to add to the sound of the team we already have in place 

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Joe garner 

Adam Armstrong 

Paddy McNair

Jack Baldwin 

Lewis grabban

Otzumer

Sacko

Would be happy with a few of these . I do feel we definitely need a cm a cb and a striker .. to add to the sound of the team we already have in place 

Some good names there. Don't think we've got a cat in hells chance of signing Grabban though. Noises that Tony's been making about not signing players on massive wages, I expect that he'd be one.

Paddy McNair would be decent but not sure what sort of money he'd be on. Right age, and not easy to look good in a team that is absolutely tanking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Joe garner 

Adam Armstrong 

Paddy McNair

Jack Baldwin 

Lewis grabban

Otzumer

Sacko

Should be all over these two as they are out of contract. Nothing to lose, good ages and would definitely add to the squad.

Just now, Tom said:

Heard Jacob Davenport mentioned, young lad from City was on loan at Burton.

Anyone know anything about him?

Meant to be very highly rated at City and no that far from the first team squad.

18 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Joe garner 

Adam Armstrong 

Paddy McNair

Jack Baldwin 

Lewis grabban

Otzumer

Sacko

Sacko and Adeulken would be good signings. Both got pace which we lack. 

Armstrong is deffo. 

Grabban and McNair wages might be too expensive for us. 

Unsure on Garner. 

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Heard Jacob Davenport mentioned, young lad from City was on loan at Burton.

Anyone know anything about him?

Never heard of him, but had a quick scout on twitter, some posts raving about his debut in February.

Left pegger, technical midfielder, scorer of good free kicks.

• Backroom

There must be a reason Otzumer has never played above L1 level at age 26? Not saying he can't make the step up but there's a lot of hype on here for someone who's never even played at championship level... 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

There must be a reason Otzumer has never played above L1 level at age 26? Not saying he can't make the step up but there's a lot of hype on here for someone who's never even played at championship level... 

Very technically gifted and for me if utilised properly behind the striker in a number 10 role he'd be more than good enough to play at championship level. Saying that, we've got Dack so would Oztumer want to come and play second fiddle? Probably not. 

2 minutes ago, Butty said:

Very technically gifted and for me if utilised properly behind the striker in a number 10 role he'd be more than good enough to play at championship level. Saying that, we've got Dack so would Oztumer want to come and play second fiddle? Probably not. 

I'd rather be on a rovers bench with something to prove than stay at Walsall that's for sure. Depends who else is in for him I suppose

Listening to the audioboom,Tony is deffo going to try and bring back Chapman & Armstrong. Both would happily come to us, fit straight back into squad and already have a good bond with the players. All depends now how much they are going to cost. Chapman would be within our wage budget and Armstrong I believe would take a pay cut to play consistently.  I think these two are nailed on.