BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

1 hour ago, West Yorks Rover said:

As of a day or two ago,  Sunderland have a new owner, and as you must have missed in my post, I said if they are top of the league they

will have massive crowds for league 1, I reckon well in excess of 30,000 probably even in the 40k's towards the end of the season.

They'll all be back to watch a winning team, they've forgotten what it's like to do that up there and it's a football mad city.

You're right I missed the 'if' and hadn't seen they have a new owner - had a bit of a shocker in truth, apologies.

I do think they'll struggle still, they just seem to do badly regardless if money is spent or they appoint a decent manager. 

1 hour ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

It seems Mowbray will be allowed some money to spend but not a great deal, and will have to adhere to a strict wage budget. All very sensible. He already has the basis of a good Championship squad. These are Don Mackay times, not the times of King Kenny.

It shows what we are up against when we had a to agree to a 7 figure fee to buy Antonnson as part of his loan deal. Armstrong is apparently out of our price range in both fee and wages. 

A good summer will be keeping hold of our best players and adding a few young lower league players on cheap/free deals, which is pretty much what Mowbray said is going to happen. 

I can't see any Archibald or Ardiles type signings but a Howard Gayle and Colin Hendry might be nice ?

A few late charges for the play offs would certainly keep it interesting.

• Like 1

It seems Mowbray will be allowed some money to spend but not a great deal, and will have to adhere to a strict wage budget. All very sensible. He already has the basis of a good Championship squad. These are Don Mackay times, not the times of King Kenny.

It shows what we are up against when we had a to agree to a 7 figure fee to buy Antonnson as part of his loan deal. Armstrong is apparently out of our price range in both fee and wages. 

A good summer will be keeping hold of our best players and adding a few young lower league players on cheap/free deals, which is pretty much what Mowbray said is going to happen. 

Bingo!

Sadly, I don't think we've too many to hang on to - after Charlie, Lenihan and Dack, you are left scratching your head.

If I was Mowbray's agent, unless he was going to get significant backing from Venky's, I would be advising him to move on whilst his stock is still pretty high.

With a couple of frees and a couple of loans, think it's going to be one helluva an upward battle (ala Bolton).  And therein lies a problem, do our 'big' three fancy staying around for that !?!?

• Backroom
Just now, Mercer said:

Bingo!

Sadly, I don't think we've too many to hang on to - after Charlie, Lenihan and Dack, you are left scratching your head.

If I was Mowbray's agent, unless he was going to get significant backing from Venky's, I would be advising him to move on whilst his stock is still pretty high.

With a couple of frees and a couple of loans, think it's going to be one helluva an upward battle (ala Bolton).  And therein lies a problem, do our 'big' three fancy staying around for that !?!?

Well Lenihan is practically begging for a new contract, and Mulgrew is unlikely to get better money at this level of competition at his age.

Only ? is over Dack and that's only because of his Mrs. He's untested at this level and adored here, I just hope he doesn't do a Bentley and squirm an opportunity with us.

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Bingo!

Move on where? What bigger or better club is Mowbray going to get than Rovers? He was getting rejected by Chesterfield shortly before turning up here. 

Mowbray has it good at Rovers. He's getting what he wants from the owners in terms of some support and being left to run it how he wants, the fans love him, the players clearly enjoy playing for him.

There will be money to spend, but it will be limited as it is for most clubs in the Championship. They could spend millions if they wanted but clearly don't want to.

I doubt Mowbray even has an agent.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike E said:

Well Lenihan is practically begging for a new contract, and Mulgrew is unlikely to get better money at this level of competition at his age.

Only ? is over Dack and that's only because of his Mrs. He's untested at this level and adored here, I just hope he doesn't do a Bentley and squirm an opportunity with us.

The London factor - he isn't going to Palace, West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea in the near future. QPR, Millwall, Brentford are smaller clubs with as tight if not tighter finances. Where else in the SE to attract him?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Bingo!

Really? Imagine you’re a manger that’s hardly done anything for years. Then, after a great first full season in charge, with your own squad, owners that are ready to spend again, and an adoring crowd, you’re asking to move on? Really? 

For anyone who says Mowbray won’t have any money- I disagree completely. Every manager under Venky’s has had money to spend.  

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

The London factor - he isn't going to Palace, West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea in the near future. QPR, Millwall, Brentford are smaller clubs with as tight if not tighter finances. Where else in the SE to attract him?

If Fulham don't go up and lose Cairney and Sessegnon that will have a few bob to spend  and will be in the market for attacking players.

Think Dack will be here at least until January in my opinion though 

Same message as last summer. Keep what we've got and add a few bits of quality. 

24th May 2017;

And Mowbray has returned with the answers he required, including the assurances he does not need to cash in on any of his current squad and that funds will be provided for Blackburn's promotion push.

"I've had really positive meetings with the owners," he said on BBC Radio Lancashire.

"I've had three meetings with them over the last three days and got some reassurances. I find them to be most supportive.

"I know there's issues but from my perspective they've been very supportive and I think they're going to show some financial support for us to try and ensure we have a really strong season next year and bounce back as soon as we can."

Business as usual....

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

It's older players like Mulgrew who are often the most vulnerable especially if in the last year of their contract.

Using hypothetical numbers  - an older player has one year left on his contract at £30k pw (£1.56million).  Along comes his agent who can get him a two year deal (possibly even three years) at £20k pw (£2.08million over 2 years, £3.12million over 3 years) with the possibility of some coaching thrown in at some stage.  What would you do ?  

53 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Which club bigger or better than Rovers is going to offer him a job?

Mowbray was damn lucky to be appointed at Ewood after his mixed career record and abysmal end to his time at Coventry. I wasn't alone in thinking he didn't deserve the Rovers job.

He should be glad he's successfully rehabilitated his reputation  at Ewood. 

• Like 5

No one knows anything about plans budgets interested parties incomings or outgoings. Reading this rabid speculation is laughable at best.

get on with summer and the close season in fact give it a break have a kit kat and relax?????

Is it just me that when managers talk about "if the right players come along", pictures the 'Generation Game' and a conveyor belt full of mainly crap players going past the manager as he is waiting for something worthwhile:

Jason Lowe - Cuddly Toy - Elliot Ward - Hammock - Stephen Warnock - Microwave Oven - Hakeem Adelakun, STOP. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Bingo!

It looks like Mowbray is being paid to bring through the agents clients young players so regardless of the results progressing ones clients should see Tony comfortable one would imagine. ?

Mercer you talk some rubbish at times. 

Mowbray has no reason to leave and nobody above our level will go for him. Significant backing or not, he had done well to get the job in the first place, lucky for him he has done well and is obviously popular with the fans. He’d be mad to leave.

We have more than 3 first team players worth keeping.

• Like 1

Just now, JAL said:

It looks like Mowbray is being paid to bring through the agents clients young players so regardless of the results progressing ones clients should see Tony comfortable one would imagine. ?

No. You would imagine.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

If he gets 1.5 million to actually spend without selling I think that's a small step forwards again like last season comparing to the years before that.

Not great obviously but a slow patient build this time is probably the best way. Just don't spend it on the likes of Samuel or Gladwin !!!

Not really, o

its the same outlay as last season but a league below. Double or triple and id be happy if consolidation was the aim

Edited by JacknOry

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be looking this winger Hakeem Adelakun. Out of contract in a month. Got pace and skills. 

List of championship clubs who are out of contract in a month. (Dont know how up to date it is.)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2

Bristol City midfielder Josh Brownhill would be good. 

Many others have put this name forward before you now start claiming it.

Adelkan i mean.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Not willy waving but I posted two previous 'big' exclusives over a week ago and you dismissed them as 'at best guesswork'.  Anyhow, enough of the playground stuff. 

What exclusives?????

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Haha

Mowbray is very happy here. Loves the club and the fans are very happy with him.