BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Ryan Nyambe Appreciation Thread

7 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I think they'll try and give us Hayden Coulson. Young left back, can play left mid too, surplus to requirements.

Whoever it is, I fully expect the hierarchy to accept it due to the love in they seem to have with Boro. Only Broughton or JDT telling them to get lost can put a stop to it, imo.

I think it's pretty obvious the Boro love-in was all Mowbray. I don't have any fears on that front anymore. Unless the player in question is actually any good, I don't see why GB or JDT would be interested. They've enough of a challenge on their hands as it is.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Agents? Suhail?

Possibly. But the man with the Boro bias has left the building. Agents always have power in football, I just hope they don't hold as much as they did in the Kentaro/SEM days, though I've seen supposed ITKs say that sort of dodginess is still in play. We know Suhail has an important role here, he's a bit of a shadowy figure though. Hopefully just because he's a private person rather than because he's doing shady things.

Come to think on it, it would be quite good to get Suhail into an interview, though I'm sure it'll never happen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ryan has most likely ****** his career up,he`ll be a league one player next year and probably get released,obviously im`e biased being a rovers fan but wigan,jesus,i could understand if it was pne or bolton but wigan,a club with no identity,rivals or history,the good thing about the dw stadium is the massive amount of tickets they give the away side

In fainess to Wigan, they have had a torrid time recently, but now have an owner who they adore who interacts directly with them and like Peterborough's owner is on twitter and speaks with supporters.

They are in the championship, just like us and given the ease in which they came up, it would be wrong to write them off as a step back.

Rovers of 12 years ago, its a massive step back, but rovers of present day i'm not so sure it is.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Our offer to him must have been absolutely dreadful. Can’t have been much movement our end on the “derisory” terms we started off with.

Either that or something really out of the ordinary has gone on.

i think he`s  pulled a moody,thought a big club would come in for him and decided to sit it out,nothing has happened and now he`s ended up at wigan🤣for a year`s contract

• Like 1

It could be a stroke of genius by Nyambe/his agent. 

Probably on a higher wage than at Rovers, not had to uproot his family and no doubt got a decent signing on fee.

If he has a good season he could pocket another signing on fee and get another pay rise somewhere else.

All I know is that Rovers lost a decent player for nothing and will have to pay good money to replace him. We are the losers here.

• Like 9

Some good points. I know his partner was due to give birth soon so staying local might well have suited.

Everyone laughed when Amari’i Bell went to Luton. That was meant to be a step down, and him “finding his level” as well.

28 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

It could be a stroke of genius by Nyambe/his agent. 

Probably on a higher wage than at Rovers, not had to uproot his family and no doubt got a decent signing on fee.

If he has a good season he could pocket another signing on fee and get another pay rise somewhere else.

All I know is that Rovers lost a decent player for nothing and will have to pay good money to replace him. We are the losers here.

He is nowhere near the salary offered at Rovers

15 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

He is nowhere near the salary offered at Rovers

Unless we withdrew our offer towards the end,  (which in a way you couldn't blame us for doing as you have to draw a line somewhere) he's not going anywhere else for substantially less is he?

Seems far more likely he's signed a one year deal on slightly higher wages than the paltry terms offered here in the hope of possibly moving on again in 12 months. Risky strategy from his point of view. Might work spectacularly well or might blow up in his face if for example he picks up a bad injury.

Not sure why Nyambe is getting pelters for leaving and Lenihan isn't, even though Lenihan turned down far more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know? How much has he joined Wigan for and how much was he offered here?

He has joined for free and there is no signing on fee as it is something Wigan don’t do - my pie eating neighbours who are heavily linked to both the football and rugby operations at DW suggest highest earners are in around 3k per week. Now I am almost certain other posters on here will know Rovers offered a 3 yr incremental deal with an offer of around 4-5k per week 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

He has joined for free and there is no signing on fee as it is something Wigan don’t do - my pie eating neighbours who are heavily linked to both the football and rugby operations at DW suggest highest earners are in around 3k per week. Now I am almost certain other posters on here will know Rovers offered a 3 yr incremental deal with an offer of around 4-5k per week 

All gossip, speculation and assumption then. I very much doubt that Nyambe is on 3k a week now.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

If he was only offered 4 or 5 k per week that is ridiculous tbh.He was a first team regular in the championship playing most weeks whilst guys who rode the bench or in some cases Davenport not even making the match day squad earning 10k per week granted he has now left but after Nyambe's service he would deserve better than that 

I don't rate him as highly as some others do but paying your first choice RB that sort of money it's no wonder his agent ceased talks

Edited by islander200
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

That’s the figure I heard we offered him. In my opinion it’s pathetic.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Which on the face of it is a shite offer for an established championship right back with sell on potential.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

He has signed for more PW than we offered, and there is an option for a rise and a mandatory contract extension based on appearances and Wigan retaining their championnship status. 

There is some performance incentives too, but that has not been elaborated on.

Who drove the one year i dont know, but it appears it may have been Nyambe with everything ratcheting around them staying up..

Had that told to me in last half hour from impeccable source.

Based on above its obvious wigan didnt want to saddle themselves with championship wages in division 1 if they went down.

He gets his salary, they get buffer that if they stay up they trigger extension/or part ways dependent on performance 

Regarding what we offered, you are quite correct which was up from the £3500 he was on

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 5